Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

I'm all for knocking buildings down but that spherical hotel has been here longer than I've been alive.

I will say, I hope hat Best Western is bought out by Universal soon. That place is trash.
I had a perfectly good experience at Best Western a few times for around 60 per night with taxes.

What does everyone have against the Sheraton building? It seems pretty innocuous from these photos. What aspects of it are making all of you want to take a bulldozer to it?

I just think it's hideously ugly. It could very well be a nice hotel on the inside, but that building...ugh. The metal globe on top doesn't help it, though it's not the worst part of the building. Again, it could be a perfectly decent place to stay and the structure is probably very sound, but it hasn't aged well.

I may just be being a snob, lol. :whistle::lol:

I had a perfectly good experience at Best Western a few times for around 60 per night with taxes.

We stayed there once and our room had enough mold to nearly send my wife to the hospital. Not even exaggerating. That was the last offsite room we stayed at in Orlando. Now, we stay at the Disney resorts and haven't had any trouble. Admittedly, Sapphire Falls and Portofino are climbing my bucket list of places to stay down there.

It would not surprise me to see at least the exterior of Dockside completed by August 1, 2019 - the remaining few months can be spent on the interior and any amenities. That would cut down greatly on any construction noise at Surfside.

It would not surprise me to see at least the exterior of Dockside completed by August 1, 2019 - the remaining few months can be spent on the interior and any amenities. That would cut down greatly on any construction noise at Surfside.

Do we have an opening date for Dockside?

This makes perfect sense, it will at least give a nicer view from people staying in Surfside, especially if it’s painted.

It's incredible how far this has came along in less than 6 months:

Agreed. All the hotels get built at lightening pace at Universal. The attraction construction used to be speedy too and I was always amazed at how efficiently they worked. Then we had a nearly THREE year build for Fast & Furious and an 18 month build to do minor alterations to the existing Terminator building and we sadly entered the land of Disney timelines.

Since surfside is their value hotel. Why doesn’t universal include single use express pass for cabana bay and adventura seems like a logical step up from their value hotel price.

Since surfside is their value hotel. Why doesn’t universal include single use express pass for cabana bay and adventura seems like a logical step up from their value hotel price.
Maybe Unlimited for PBR and HRH, and Single Use for RPR, and SFR. No Express Passes for CBBR, AH, and ESR. But they get Early Entry, so there is that.

Every time I see pbr I think pats blue ribbon. Lol. But yeah that’s a good idea For the rest of the resorts. But we want cabana bay to get something don’t we.( nudge nudge wink wink)

Sure hope they keep unlimited at RP. If they offer even limited at SF, CB and A they will jack rates.

The agreement with Loews says that only 3 resorts will receive express. It can always be amended, but that's where it's at now. I don't think Universal will ever offer free express to the value resorts. The benefits for them will probably remain early entry, so that the system does not get overloaded as more and more resorts are added to the portfolio.

Sure hope they keep unlimited at RP

I could see RP losing its Express designation and it going to one of the hotels in Site B.

The addition of site B also means more attractions to spread the express pressure. Sheesh.