Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 404 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, really?

This is uber-hyperbolic.

You wanna discuss Universal's reliance on screens and how it's a detriment? Go ahead.

How they rely on the "now" instead of the past? Sure.

But to imply Universal is suffering (or any variation of failing or whatever) is crazy, and some of these takes are incredibly stupid.

USF can remove FFL to no complaints and I think there’s space beside Fallon if they get creative enough, the land between Simpsons and MIB and the inevitable Kidzone replacement.
The land between USF & MIB will likely not be used for quite some time still. Creative is based back there and there's also the HHN tents and just general back of house stuff. Now with the new land, this all can be moved, but that's over time.

As to building something next to Fallon... that's not really all that likely unless HRRR bites the dust (coaster supports are in the way) and Universal is comfortable with losing Sound Stage 33 for a ride. If they did decide to use the plot though, there's plenty of space back there to make it work if they were to go right up against the backstage road like F&F and (to an extent) Mummy does. There would just have to be some shifting of backstage infrastructure, but again, with Site B, this is made possible as a location like SS 33 could be built over there. 33 is a nice space to hold event though, very convenient to USF and is used A LOT.

I just think both are longterm expansions. KidZone, Fear Factor and Shrek are more immediate. Then by the late 2020's, all of Springfield will be on the chopping block... and probably MIB and Mummy sometime in the middle of all of that. All of that practically gets you into the 2030's without using a single *expansion* pad in the park (not replacing).

Oh and what about Monster's Cafe? Tear that thing down and build a ride using that land and the Donkey M&G area.

USF might be a bad park in my eyes, but it’s definitely better than it was years ago.

Back on topic:

Is there any chance that this isn’t a coaster or dark ride at all? Maybe it’s just a couple of new flats, a JPRA retheme, and maybe a new play area.

Reactions: RevFreako
The land between USF & MIB will likely not be used for quite some time still. Creative is based back there and there's also the HHN tents and just general back of house stuff. Now with the new land, this all can be moved, but that's over time.

As to building something next to Fallon... that's not really all that likely unless HRRR bites the dust (coaster supports are in the way) and Universal is comfortable with losing Sound Stage 33 for a ride. If they did decide to use the plot though, there's plenty of space back there to make it work if they were to go right up against the backstage road like F&F and (to an extent) Mummy does. There would just have to be some shifting of backstage infrastructure, but again, with Site B, this is made possible as a location like SS 33 could be built over there. 33 is a nice space to hold event though, very convenient to USF and is used A LOT.

I just think both are longterm expansions. KidZone, Fear Factor and Shrek are more immediate. Then by the late 2020's, all of Springfield will be on the chopping block... and probably MIB and Mummy sometime in the middle of all of that. All of that practically gets you into the 2030's without using a single *expansion* pad in the park (not replacing).

Oh and what about Monster's Cafe? Tear that thing down and build a ride using that land and the Donkey M&G area.
I thought creative was the building behind Volcano Bay at the end of the property

Reactions: tankart150
On another note, can I just say that JPRA was looking REALLY good the other day when I rode it. I can't think of anything that wasn't working.
Rode it 2 weeks ago also and a few things weren’t working.. First and foremost (the only major thing), T-Rex was hunched over visible before it was supposed to start moving.. I don’t know if it was a lighting problem or animatronic problem but something was definitely wrong. It’s arm was also rotated upwards for some reason lol.. The crate also dropped early and the dilophasaurus on the right wasn’t working..

Status
Not open for further replies.