Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

If 2019 really is the skyrocket, then I hope it will be paired with a flatride, as the Tidal Wave plot is big enough, so perhaps a screaming swing, as in BGW.

Hopefully the good news for SWP&E continues and the additions continue. The company just posted better than expected attendance and revenue numbers and their stock went up again. It sounds like they've turned the corner!

Cool. I've never seen those. They look pretty fun!
They are actually really fun, I worked at TEMPESTO it's opening year. Only complaint is the comfort collars we had at BGW, so hopefully they don't need or get them at BGT. The comfort collars are very uncomfy, and I mentioned before when we would do guest service ride in the AM or when we would ride at night after closing some of us would take the comfort collar off and just hold it down, much better experience, especially during the slow inversion part. We even handed out fanny packs at the ride entrance because of the many rules and regulations from Premiere Rides, it was a mess.
However, they are very fun to ride, as for capacity they wanted between 35-40 train launches an hour. I think we only hit that like very rarely because of the comfort collars, making sure no loose articles (had so many cell phones hit the roof and make people jump) and on some days, we really did have problems, we compared it to being more like a flat than a coaster. Plus, 2 years later they got INVADR, so maybe BGT is doing the same (SkyRocket II, then refurb, then coaster). They are very fun to ride I will admit and I could see it going good for BGT, and maybe they will do dual load, would be a lot easier to achieve capacity.

With BGW slated to get a Giga-coaster in 2020, it could mean that BGT will get a giga in the near future as well. Both of the Busch Gardens park’s usually get twin coasters: Alpengist/Montu, Sheikra/Gryffin, Cheetah Hunt/Verbolten, Tempesto/Twisted Tiger.

Hopefully, Gwazi comes down by the end of next year. The RMC hope is gone, it’s not happening. They can build the giga there.