Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Once the drop track is in place, do you think that they'll start testing immediately or will they wait until the show scenes and rockwork/brickwork are done?
pushthroughs at least immediately. And all the electrical and drive elements installed. Don't want to go backwards:kumbaya: (pun)

Last edited:
You need trains to start testing.

Better to find out about a problem now than after all the rock work has been installed and they have to work around it.

They could do a push through just now if they wanted without using any launches.

I wonder if they’ll have something similar to this on site at all times:

The reason being if they're using real trees, at some point they're going to grow and encroach onto the ride path.

A pull through I have trouble imagining. And if the track needs tweaking, best get that done while it's open and easier to get at.

Hmmm. Given the bio shots of the electrical components being staged, I would guess they will be installed soonish. Given the amount of theming speculated, I would hope they would fire that baby up naked. But that's my construction background speaking.

A crane through covered (3?) areas.....

Last edited by a moderator:
A crane through covered (3?) areas.....

They could use a battery powered motor too which might be an option.

The lack of roofs yet, suggest the use of a crane. The car will get passed from crane to crane.

The first pull through is a long and slow task but an important one. Every inch is checked.

I get it. So they leave the roof off indoor coasters til the end? Like Mummy, Gringotts etc? And generally the roof is the last structural feature.:bonk:

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been discussed but is there going to be water below the track? If it really is the edge of the forbidden forest I'd assume not.

THE LAZINESS OF SOME PEOPLE!!

heh jk.. here yo go, it was discussed about 215 pages ago.

According to dewatering plans filed with the FDEP, only one of the Dragon Challenge ponds is being filled in. The other one is being enlarged.

FSKQfTs.jpg

I believe the blue part is staying, maybe red part was filled in? Or is it vice versa?

EDIT: image again for reference:

FSKQfTs.jpg

Once track installation is complete usually it’s electrical and show control installation next. This will likely occur parallel to installing theming and trees. Once complete a pull through will occur, likely next spring. Once done they’ll start cycling the ride with or without show. Final testing will happen before us meat bags will ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.