Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh snap, nice find!!!!
Still nowhere near worth it for me, but I'm glad they have the option for those who want it.

Exactly! I understand Universal is a business and ticket price increases are inevitable, but like I said, these past 7 years (not including 2015 or 2016), the main draw to VIP was unlimited front of the line, and I wasn't happy with RIP price increases this year, especially since there are some people in my group who can't afford that, so seeing this was definitely a steal. Given that I only go to HHN once a year (opening night), this was such a steal and honestly made my day.

I think “Dark Web” has a few scenes that could work... that said why not do Get Out? Or Paranormal Activity? They worked with Paramount last year for Sinister so that excuse doesn’t apply here.

That said my hype list is:

(1) Halloween 4 - So, while the Orlando version is going in one of the more cramped areas(Shrek Theater) this is going in Waterworld. And the sets look HUGE!!!! Like massive. This looks like it’ll blow Titans of Terror out of the water(which was a maze I thought was just ok, nothing special + it replaced my all time favorite horror movie). Plus John’s gone 3/3 on Halloween as a maze and they seem to generally be one of the better mazes of the year.

(2) Universal Classic Monsters - This is John’s ultimate hyped up property. I’m really curious to see how this does. Hopefully it’ll be pretty scary and the monsters will get about equal treatment. If this lives up to or beats out House of Horrors it’s an easy Top 3 of All Time for me.

(3) Trick ‘r Treat - This also looks to be a great house. 3 facades + the La Llarona Lake in the Mummy Queue is just insane to me. That little tent can fit all of that? I’m expecting this to be more pretty than scary, but I already know the School Bus Massacre might end up being my favorite scene this year.

(4) Poltergeist - John usually does the classics pretty well, but I’m a little nervous here since Poltergeist isn’t as direct to translate as something like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, or even The Shining. It has a lot of environments, but hopefully the scaring characters won’t be repetitive.

(5) Stranger Things - I know I know this is a controversial pick. I REALLY want to be excited for this, it’s one of my favorite IP’s ever. But I’m reallyyyyyy hoping John doesn’t pull an AHS Roanoke on this. There’s plenty of characters to use and I don’t want the Demogorgan to be this years Pig Man.

(6) The First Purge - Sets should be pretty but isn’t this the property that replaced The Thing? I see little potential for this. While TrT will likely be more pretty than scary, this doesn’t have nearly as many characters.

(7) The Horrors of Meh-house - This is the wrong area, plain and simple. As I mentioned above, if you’re gonna do Blumhouse why would you not do the properties that have pull? Blumhouse has a huge library and the fact ToD and Unfriended are the chosen just annoys me. I said the same thing about HDD for last year’s and I ended up loving the movie and thought it translated well. Hopefully this won’t be another AvED since that was really bad

Edit - @DTH Poltergeist is supposedly strictly the original. At least in Orlando

Got a superfast reply from HHN facebook saying that the 2PM + Express ticket can be upgraded to Unlimited, but only at the ticket booth or box office on the day of the event. Given those typess of tickets sell out faster, it seems like a risk to wait. Guess I will just do Unlimited and eat at City Walk.

So now that everything’s known, what were the reasons AHS & Halloween 2018 didn’t show up? Same with The Thing

Wasn't AHS because of the Disney/Fox merger? I think even Murdy kinda nodded at that when someone asked him about it during the last Twitter Q&A. I guess The Thing didn't come because of the budgetary limits and Halloween 2018, I think someone on here claimed there were disagreements on execution and trying not to spoil anything in the maze.

Wasn't AHS because of the Disney/Fox merger? I think even Murdy kinda nodded at that when someone asked him about it during the last Twitter Q&A. I guess The Thing didn't come because of the budgetary limits and Halloween 2018, I think someone on here claimed there were disagreements on execution and trying not to spoil anything in the maze.

Sucks about all 3. Couldn’t they have just thrown maybe 2-3 scenes from the trailer in Horrors of Blumhouse and called it a day? I mean the trailer already gives away the gas station, Kid Bedroom, and the Bathroom Kill. H4 is a good substitute, has one of the biggest body counts in the series

Maybe he's trying to find a way to include it in HOB, UCM, or on a random TV in Halloween.

Just curious, has anybody done RIP as a solo person? My SO is really interested in doing Queen Mary Dark Harbor and combine it with a weekend stay on the Queen Mary, so he isn't really interested in doing Universal Studios? I really want to do HHN so will probably do it as a solo.

Reactions: cdogsumo
Just curious, has anybody done RIP as a solo person? My SO is really interested in doing Queen Mary Dark Harbor and combine it with a weekend stay on the Queen Mary, so he isn't really interested in doing Universal Studios? I really want to do HHN so will probably do it as a solo.

Haven't done it solo, but in the years of doing it, in our tour groups (when I actually did the group things), you'll be bunched with other people and the tour guide. It's fine really, and you get to interact with other people in your tour group (again if you chose to do the tour). I'd say go for it if you wanna experience it.

Reactions: Guineapiggie101
I mean Jon Cooke the guy who designed Shadowlands, Trick or Treat Lights Out, Dark Ride, Special Ops Infected, and Paranormal Inc is now designing Queen Mary Mazes.
When he designs them from the bottom up, I'll go. No interest in seeing "redesigned" mazes!
Unpopular opinion, but I thought Dark Ride was overrated also. Didn't see Lights Out, but from what I saw, it didn't add much. The rest are A+ though haha

Monsters is a weird blind spot for me, info-wise. If someone wants to chime in...

We're under the impression it's a musician. Are we sure it isn't someone like Eli Roth?
It's presented by a gallery, and features a returning (I'm fairly sure) musician.

i hope this musician fits the theme, and only thing the musician does in the maze is just do the music. nothing else, nothing more