Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

As the event draws closer, I'm starting to get a bit more excited for opening night. I think this year will be pretty good despite us getting two mazes nobody wanted. Even then, I think the Purge maybe a surprise for us. I really wish this pattern would stop of only every other year being descent.

HONESTLY. I think next year might be pretty interesting if this is Murdy’s last year since we might see Orlando concepts carried over. This year reminds me a ton of 2016, even with Blumhouse being there.

On another note I finished rewatching Halloween 4 and after listening to the Halloween theme song I really do think this maze will be unbelievable(this is my first Halloween maze so I’m so excited). I really hope they include Jamie’s Nightmare as a scene, the rooftop chase, the Mask store, and just blast the theme song throughout. Hopefully it’s longer than Titans though since that maze felt short to me

Part of me wishes they can do 3-4 original mazes next year, but given that Murdy stated on Twitter that a majority-based, original concept maze lineup isn't "their brand", it's just wishful thinking. But it's getting to that point where pressure from IP owners that are holding onto their coveted properties may hopefully push the need for more original mazes. Like 4 original and 4 IP (including TWDA).

Last edited:
Part of me wishes they can do 3-4 original mazes next year, but given that Murdy stated on Twitter that a majority-based original concept lineup for mazes isn't "their brand", that may seem like just wishful thinking. But it's getting to that point where pressure from IP owners that are holding onto their coveted properties may hopefully push the need for more original mazes. Like 4 original and 4 IP (including TWDA).

One of the things I've ALWAYS wondered.. Was the whole push for IPs/branded horror specifically Murdy's thing or USH management when the event came back? If it was higher-ups wanting to do an all IP event, that would probably not change even if Murdy leaves..

Are they stil gonna use the classic Halloween theme? I don't them to use H4 theme. Personally, the classic theme makes me pumped up and hyped like 2015.

Are they stil gonna use the classic Halloween theme? I don't them to use H4 theme. Personally, the classic theme makes me pumped up and hyped like 2015.

This. They used the OG theme in Hell Comes to Haddonfield IIRC, plus I think they own the rights to the original Halloween so they might be able to use it if H4’s IP holders approve

Edit - Also The Waterworld facade is the Insanitarium from H4. They look exactly alike; curious to see how they transition from the Asylum to Haddonfield

Last edited:
One of the things I've ALWAYS wondered.. Was the whole push for IPs/branded horror specifically Murdy's thing or USH management when the event came back? If it was higher-ups wanting to do an all IP event, that would probably not change even if Murdy leaves..

To me, it seemed more like Murdys thing to me, to "put guests in the shoes of some of the larger horror brands in entertainment".

When Murdy/Chris leave, it depends on one thing: how Karen Irwin gets things changing (as she does come from Orlando).

Was the whole push for IPs/branded horror specifically Murdy's thing or USH management when the event came back?
Always Murdy. He's even flat out said it several times in the past.

When Murdy/Chris leave, it depends on one thing: how Karen Irwin gets things changing (as she does come from Orlando).
Well... she has already killed off the go-go dancers that were sort of an iconic staple to Hollywood's event/SZ entrance. It let guests know this was no Mickey's Halloween Party for the kids. This is the adults party of horror! *cue the chainsaws* So she is already off to be a negative influence. But we'll see...

If she kills off our sacred flame tower... yea, she'll need to be replaced with someone more pro-HHN..

Always Murdy. He's even flat out said it several times in the past.

Well... she has already killed off the go-go dancers that were sort of an iconic staple to Hollywood's event/SZ entrance. It let guests know this was no Mickey's Halloween Party for the kids. This is the adults party of horror! *cue the chainsaws* So she is already off to be a negative influence. But we'll see...

If she kills off our sacred flame tower... yea, she'll need to be replaced with someone more pro-HHN..
I never cared about the dancers anyway. I personally don’t think they really added to the event...but hey, that’s just my silly opinion.

From what I heard down the grapevine, she’s really big on HHN. I think she wants our HHN to be more like Orlando’s. I think she’ll be great for HHN and the park.

The dancers gave the entrance into the event "life". That was their purpose, other than looking sexy.

We should be striving to be more like Singapore's event since it is more old-school Orlando. Still wanting the damn Puppet Master icon (not to be confused with the parasite infested film of the same name)

I never cared about the dancers anyway. I personally don’t think they really added to the event...but hey, that’s just my silly opinion.

From what I heard down the grapevine, she’s really big on HHN. I think she wants our HHN to be more like Orlando’s. I think she’ll be great for HHN and the park.

You're not alone lol. Not really a huge loss

The dancers gave the entrance into the event "life". That was their purpose, other than looking sexy.

We should be striving to be more like Singapore's event since it is more old-school Orlando. Still wanting the damn Puppet Master icon (not to be confused with the parasite infested film of the same name)

PuppetMaster would be an awesome Icon.. and yes, the dancers helped give the entrance energy!

PuppetMaster would be an awesome Icon.. and yes, the dancers helped give the entrance energy!

I feel like they rely on the go go dancers, the chainsaws, and the fire tower to get that party atmosphere going. Im not saying thats bad but it would be nice if they found a way to keep that atmosphere without using those things as a crutch.

The fire tower is iconic and gives the event something unique for its scarezone located there. Plus its fire.. what do you have against fire? who doesn't love fire?

The dancers are only at the entrance & also serve as a photo-op since HHN is against people taking photos, despite wanting memories. There is a difference between selfie-whore tweens wanting more hits on insta/twitter/snap and people that love a particular scareactor costume or whatnot, so they want a pic to remember it. Its not exactly a crutch.

Chainsaws are chainsaws. Universal is as basic as a pumpkin spice latte, so since they know just the sound or even the sight of a chainsaw makes people scream. They use them. We could always go back to the good old "shaker can" days. The chainsaws definitely are more high lighted at the end of the night when guests are leaving & they have to weave through a sea of chainsaws never knowing when they'll attack. Its a great tradition.