Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the idea that you HAVE to stay inside the resort for the time you stay there just is not desirable.
I can guarantee Disney will let you leave. They sort of have to. They can't hold people against there will and they already have your money so what do they care? You think people won't have to go out to their car AT ALL during the course of 2-3 days? And if someone has to, Disney has to let them. Or if you want to go to a park, that's your prerogative.

But the experience is meant to be like a cruise ship where you don't leave to keep the immersion factor in. That's why the hotel will cost so much. It's not meant as a place to rest your head, it's meant as an experience unto it's own.

So now for post #2 of the 4 worlds id like at the new park. My first world of course consisted of Super Nintendo World: MARIO. Please see my post for that world description in detail. I will reiterate these are only my hopes with some rumors that have been stated.

World 2: The Lands of Dreamworks
Total area-32 acres, land used 25 acres, expansion plot 7acres.

Central Hub(3acres) will have normal shops, store and several M&G’s of all Dreamworks characters. They will all be situated around the Central Icon of the Dreamworks’s man on the moon fishing but instead of the fishing line hitting a pod we see that he has cast three lines each leading to the entries for each land. Each line has distinct features pertaining to the land they’re cast towards. We can see that one seems to be burnt, one has varying color strands of hair strung throughout, and the last line can be seen entangled with noodles and what appears to be a not to happy praying mantis standing steadfast on.

Did we all catch what I through out there: Dragons and Trolls and Pandas oh my!

Land 1:Berk(9 acres)
Under the burnt line we walk through an intricate natural rock archway on a wooden bridge over water to reveal Berk. And yes we get to see a truly beautiful Berk in all its glory.

In this land we have 3 main attractions:
-Battle for Berk(Family Flying/Launch Coaster). Highly themed w/ indoor and outdoor elements. This will take the new Potter coaster and enhance it. interweaving with buildings, over water and through the island as we try and help toothless save this home.

-Dragon Trainers Arena. This is a semi play area but more so many interactive show elements involving dragons and their trainers. And of course the ever sought after Toothless meet and greet.

-Journey Through the Hidden World. This ride will almost be, lack of a better term, “hidden” through a massive cave with waterfalls on either side on the backside of the island. This is a beautiful family dark ride in the hidden world from the new film.

Land 2: Troll Village(5acres)
This land is truly for the little ones with tons of meet and greets, play areas, street shows and will through. All existing in the trolls forestry village.

This land houses 2 main attractions:

-A stage venue that house family friendly sing along and dance show.

-A family dark ride w/ a hair, I mean twist. The finds us trying to escape the evil Chef. The trolls use their hair to through us along the ride and to safety.

Land 3: Valley of Peace(8acres)

The world of the dragon warrior gets a beautiful representation with great detail to the buildings and art we find in the movies. Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop gets an expanded version as it arrives in Orlando along with his M&G.

This land has 2 big attractions:

-Emperors Quest Rapids. A real world rapids ride based on the Hollywood show/attraction. With some truly amazing AA, theming, and a drop section.

-Battle of Weeping River. A Kuka arm dark ride as finally get to see what was only mentioned in the movie where the furious five are “outnumbered a thousand to 1”. The furious five will be taking us along for the ride of a lifetime.

Wow and their you have it World #2: Land of Dreamworks. Hope you enjoyed stay tuned for my next idea.

World #3: Towns in Shadows....

Last edited:
Back on topic, is it possible that we could get both Classic Monsters and Jurassic World, or would it have to be one or the other? Because, even though I really want to see CM, JW would be the bigger draw and possibly the better land.

As for the potential JW attractions:
  1. Gyrosphere Dark-Ride - This is a no-duh situation. If we're getting JW, this will be there without a doubt.
  2. Flying Dinosaur Roller Coaster - This can either be a direct clone of the flying-coaster found at USJ, or something similar, like a launched flyer or a wing-coaster (launched or not, doesn't matter).
  3. Jeep Ride - Based on the old concept art, could possibly use the new Dynamic Attractions All-Terrain or something similar.
  4. Rapids - It's different from the already existing River Adventure ride in IOA, and could rival Popeye and Infinity Falls.

I can guarantee Disney will let you leave. They sort of have to. They can't hold people against there will and they already have your money so what do they care? You think people won't have to go out to their car AT ALL during the course of 2-3 days? And if someone has to, Disney has to let them. Or if you want to go to a park, that's your prerogative.

But the experience is meant to be like a cruise ship where you don't leave to keep the immersion factor in. That's why the hotel will cost so much. It's not meant as a place to rest your head, it's meant as an experience unto it's own.
Plus I’m sure Disney is taking the possible niche audience into account and won’t have a huge amount of rooms that could end up empty.

I think the concept can work but it has to be a gigantic IP and there are very few about. Star Wars I think will be a success with guests staying for a couple of days before moving to a normal more reasonably priced hotel.

I think Universal could make a Harry Potter, Nintendo and Dreamworks hotel to success. I think the ship has sailed on the HP hotel because everybody would want to stay in Hogwarts and there can only be one castle. Nintendo and Dreamworks would be more like Art of Animation which I think is a ridiculously crappy hotel from what I can see but it's highly rated and seems to command a high price :shrug:

As far as Harry Potter hotel...there's always Azkaban...stay with the crazies and locked up wizards.

It will be nice when the new park is announced so that I don't have to see everyone's lists anymore
Even when it’s announced it will likely be a while until everything is confirmed besides Nintendo. Just like the original announcement I’m sure Nintendo would want people to know early on that they’ll be at the new park. I mean, there’s still nothing about Hollywood even though it’s also confirmed so I can see the same thing happening.

Last edited:
Ive been thinking of what they should do for Fantastic Worlds, and I think there are just endless possibilities. Ive chosen what I think would be the best for this theme park to be successful, but also feel timeless. Which I think Universal needs.

Super Nintendo World: Yoshi dark ride, Mario kart, and Donkey Kong!!!

Ready Player One: Rollercoaster similar style to a Gringotts like ride, ride vehicle is a Delorean.

Jurassic World: Jurassic Park in IOA is now branded like you're going into the past or prehistoric and stuff. Jurassic World is present day. Train at front of the park, to take the train to Jurassic World and go through the gates. Gyrosphere dark ride of course. Show inside the new Discovery Center (not biggest Jurassic World fan, not sure the name of the building) showcasing some of their Dinosaurs. Then bring in the Coaster from USJ.

ZELDA: Rotating/moving theatre show inside of Zelda's castle. Action show. Has potential to be groundbreaking.

Lord Of The Ring: E ticket boat ride. Go through Middle Earth and Mordor. A well themed land, with interactive elements throughout and big dining.

Hotel Transylvania: Ride similar to the one at motion gate. A little shorter and more animatronics. Maybe a different storyline as well. Character dining experience with Classic Universal Monsters.

Dreamworks: How to Train Your Dragon ride from motion gate Dubai. Kung Fu Panda 4-D attraction from USH. Madagascar coaster. Similar to Dubai but more to compete with Slinky. And a well themed Trolls show. Inside one of their trees or something. Could be a beautiful theatre.

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: Ride system similar to ET's, you go into Newt's briefcase and enter the world of Fantastic Beasts. Tons of animatronics, well themed, family attraction.

Ive been thinking of what they should do for Fantastic Worlds, and I think there are just endless possibilities. Ive chosen what I think would be the best for this theme park to be successful, but also feel timeless. Which I think Universal needs.

Ready Player One: Rollercoaster similar style to a Gringotts like ride, ride vehicle is a Delorean.

Jurassic World: Jurassic Park in IOA is now branded like you're going into the past or prehistoric and stuff. Jurassic World is present day. Train at front of the park, to take the train to Jurassic World and go through the gates. Gyrosphere dark ride of course. Show inside the new Discovery Center (not biggest Jurassic World fan, not sure the name of the building) showcasing some of their Dinosaurs. Then bring in the Coaster from USJ.

ZELDA: Rotating/moving theatre show inside of Zelda's castle. Action show. Has potential to be groundbreaking.

Lord Of The Ring: E ticket boat ride. Go through Middle Earth and Mordor. A well themed land, with interactive elements throughout and big dining.

Hotel Transylvania: Ride similar to the one at motion gate. A little shorter and more animatronics. Maybe a different storyline as well. Character dining experience with Classic Universal Monsters.

Dreamworks: How to Train Your Dragon ride from motion gate Dubai. Kung Fu Panda 4-D attraction from USH. Madagascar coaster. Similar to Dubai but more to compete with Slinky. And a well themed Trolls show. Inside one of their trees or something. Could be a beautiful theatre.

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: Ride system similar to ET's, you go into Newt's briefcase and enter the world of Fantastic Beasts. Tons of animatronics, well themed, family attraction.

Yes!

Love the Fantastic Beasts idea. We really need an all practical effects dark ride through Newt's briefcase. Brilliant!

So out of Jurassic World, Lord Of The Rings, Star Trek which one would you say is most likely to be added to a 4th gate? If Uni does a Sci-Fi World if it is indeed called Fantastic Worlds not Epic universe would’nt Star Trek be featured in a Sci-Fi World? Or LOTR would be featured in a fantasy world? Seems like JW will be transformed into a land over at IOA but their has been no confirmation about this just a rumor.

Not to double post but we have’nt even talked about what will be surrounding the possible worlds at the 4th gate what the queue’s will look like I assume they will be heavily themed. Just imagine Dracula’s Castle being created something similar to Hogwarts castle in a possible Horror/Classic Monsters world.

So out of Jurassic World, Lord Of The Rings, Star Trek which one would you say is most likely to be added to a 4th gate? If Uni does a Sci-Fi World if it is indeed called Fantastic Worlds not Epic universe would’nt Star Trek be featured in a Sci-Fi World? Or LOTR would be featured in a fantasy world? Seems like JW will be transformed into a land over at IOA but their has been no confirmation about this just a rumor.
None of them. LOTR isn’t coming. Star Trek isn’t either IMO. JW doesn’t need to go to the new park, just change up JP.

I know people don't like lists, but I can't help myself!
Universal's Fantastic Worlds: A new level of interactivity - you won't interact with the worlds, it will interact with you. The park would be a hub-spoke model leading to the entrances of worlds that would expand into other lands.
Hub: The hub would tie into the reason you can access all the "worlds" in the park. It would be themed like a "Fantastic World" with bursting colors and plants/characters you wouldn't see on Earth. There would be a Main Street walkway to the middle of the hub which would explain the backstory and history of the land.
Original World: Walking straight from the hub would take you to an original world, themed around a space-station. There would be no IP tie-ins, and would feature an indoor coaster and a Spiderman/TF type dark ride.
SNW: Walking Southwest from the hub would lead you to SNW - Mario with MK, Yoshi, and a bullet bill flat. Through warp pipes, you would enter SNW - Zelda, DK, and a mishmash world with Splatoon, Kirby, and Meet and Greets with different characters.
World of Horor - The entrance to this land would be Frankenstein’s castle with a dark ride inside. There would also be separate areas dedicated to Dracula and the Mummy.
Dreamworks World - the entrance would be the Dreamworks Theatre on steroids. Multiple screens, seats that really make you feel the movement, smells. Any step that can be taken to improve the experience would be taken. The separate lands would be Berk, Far-Far Away, and Trolls (which would be smaller than the rest).
Jurassic World - I would like to see a recreation of the park seen in the movies, but that’s probably a bit too ambitious. There would be an on-site hotel overlooking the area, and hopefully a smaller-scale recreation of Jurassic World with a Mosasourous Screen attraction and either the gyrosphere ride or a ride where you have to escape from a new genetically engineered dinosaur.
Wizarding World - I’m no expert on Harry Potter, but Fantastic Beasts is obviously what to do, and I’d like to see the Ministry of Magic shooter connected somehow.
Something that irks me about theme parks is that I can walk into a building a suddenly be transported into a seemingly never-ending land (Forbidden Journey, Simpsons come to mind). Personally, I want to feel like the place I’m exploring is defined and makes sense. This would be very hard to achieve, but any effort is appreciated. Also, major characters would be around for M&G, but minor characters would actually walk around and interact with people, like how it’s done at DHS and USH. The first idea I had was Goombas in SNW and they would be controlled like the trash can anamatronic at Disney a few years ago. Also, I’d like to see some costume characters retired. Seeing a big, fluffy Mario with a permanent grin on his face doesn’t really entice me to go into a line to meet him. In their place would be anamatronic a that could move their torsos and arms, and can blink/move their mouths with pre-recorded phrases. This is also ambitious, but I think it could be done with characters like Mario. Everything in the worlds should be natural and not feel forced or out of place.

On my last trip to Universal Studios Hollywood, I was surprised at how many PAW Patrol shirts I saw kids wearing (but not as many as the Minions, Jurassic Park or Harry Potter shirts). They even outnumbered most of the franchises at the park like Dreamworks movies and The Simpsons! Because Universal only seems to have the rights to Dora, which isn't popular anymore, maybe they could do an interactive PAW Patrol experience at the park, since that is a Nick show and they have the rights to SpongeBob and Dora, this would work well. The story could be that Ryder and the pups go on vacation to an amusment park, but chaos break out when Sweetie comes and causes trouble by making the experience unenjoyable for the patrons by telling them to do things you aren't supposed to do at an amusment park! The pups ask for the help of the visitors to teach Sweetie theme park safety. I think it would work well as either a puppet show like the Disney Junior show or a 3D movie like the Legoland Bob the Builder movies. And besides this, I think the fourth park should expand upon this with a Nick Jr. area for younger visitors. Some ideas I have:
  • A Bubble Guppies splash area
  • Blaze and the Monster Machines (or Rusty Rivets, since both involve STEM) Kiddie Coaster
  • A Hogwarts-like Shimmer and Shine or Wallykazaam! experience
  • A Sunny Day salon similar to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where children could get makeovers into Nick Jr. characters.
  • A Blue's Clues experience (since the show is coming back)
And if they don't renew the rights to Nick, a good substitute would probably be the Universal Kids preschool shows. Some ideas I have based on what they currently air:
  • Bring the touring Caillou costume over to Universal. Caillou is their biggest show, and modern kids seem to relate to it more than Barney. Maybe have Caillou do shows throughout the day?
  • A Nina's World exhibit or experience about hispanic culture. Or maybe they can do this with Ollie and Moon but with world cultures?
  • Super Wings flying planes ride.
  • A Wiggles ride. Maybe remake some of the old rides that used to be at Six Flags or do a splash area.
  • A Dot. interactive experience that teaches kids about STEM and technology.
  • Masha and the Bear's House. This would be similar to the Mickey and Minnie's House attractions at various Disney parks, and Masha and Bear would make occasional visits.
I'm not sure if they still have the rights to these shows because they don't air them anymore, but they are listed anyway:
  • The PAW Patrol theme park safety idea could work as a Noddy Toyland Detective ride, since that show is about solving mysteries AND is made by Dreamworks (which Universal owns). I was also thinking that Furchester Hotel would work for this, but then I remembered that in the US, the theme park rights to the Sesame Street characters (Elmo and Cookie Monster appear in the show) are owned by Busch.
  • The Land Before Time dark ride: Like Noddy, Universal owns this, and the show did air on Universal Kids for a while. It could be based on the movies rather than the show.
  • A Maya the Bee playground where children discover the world through the perspective of a bee.
As for stuff for older kids, I think that there should be rides for the newer Dreamworks stuff like Captian Underpants, Trolls and the Boss Baby, but I haven't thought of any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.