Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2018

I know. :lol:

My statement still stands.

Wait a minute, are they actually replacing Demented Dimensions? That actually looked pretty decent, so if they replace that but end up keeping Undead Arena...oof, something is not right with HoS.

As for Insomnia, admittedly it's a bit of a "eh" since they've done Blood Asylum/Reconstruction before. It could be fun, but HoS is honestly stronger when they go for the unique themes that other haunts aren't really doing. (Trapped in the Walls (1st year), Corporate Nightmare, After Hours, Motel Hell etc.)

Wait a minute, are they actually replacing Demented Dimensions? That actually looked pretty decent, so if they replace that but end up keeping Undead Arena...oof, something is not right with HoS.

As for Insomnia, admittedly it's a bit of a "eh" since they've done Blood Asylum/Reconstruction before. It could be fun, but HoS is honestly stronger when they go for the unique themes that other haunts aren't really doing. (Trapped in the Walls (1st year), Corporate Nightmare, After Hours, Motel Hell etc.)
Honestly, their best house was an asylum house, Escape From Insanity...I always hope for a house that approaches that level of awesome

It appears only six houses this year, but the prices for everything else keep going up.
Three houses gone from last year
ZCU 15
Demented Dimensions
Undead Arena Live
Two of them were new, I find that strange (not that I will miss Arena in the slightest) to invest in DD and then ship it off to HOSW.

Alrighty, doesn't seem like the best use of money when you build Demented Dimensions last year only to scrap it the following year. (I can fully understand Undead Arena since it was just a flop.)

As for Simon's Slaughterhouse, I have my concerns. So they're tossing around it's going to be super intense/extreme, and it's "recommended" 17 and up...but they're not doing the super small/personal experience of Alone/The Experiment, and with no mention of a wavier or anything like that, they're probably not going to touch you either. I'd keep expectations low on this one, since this is a possible case of overpromise and underdeliver.

Alrighty, doesn't seem like the best use of money when you build Demented Dimensions last year only to scrap it the following year. (I can fully understand Undead Arena since it was just a flop.)

As for Simon's Slaughterhouse, I have my concerns. So they're tossing around it's going to be super intense/extreme, and it's "recommended" 17 and up...but they're not doing the super small/personal experience of Alone/The Experiment, and with no mention of a wavier or anything like that, they're probably not going to touch you either. I'd keep expectations low on this one, since this is a possible case of overpromise and underdeliver.

DD is most likely going to Williamsburg, they have it listed as a haunt for their HOS, I am going there this year just by happenstance. UAL was made up of leftovers anyway and had no real investment.

So obviously returning houses will be the same places.
Death water bayou
Unearthed
Black spot
Motel hell

Is insomnia going where ZCU was or where DD was? And where is simons slaughterhouse going to be, where Meat Market and Arena live was?

So I keep skipping HOS to give the houses a chance to catch up.. but they get rid of new houses to bring back even older houses AGAIN? At this rate, am I ever going back?

Think of us. Terror of the Towers has been at Alton Towers for 16 years and we are only just getting rid of it this year!

So obviously returning houses will be the same places.
Death water bayou
Unearthed
Black spot
Motel hell

Is insomnia going where ZCU was or where DD was? And where is simons slaughterhouse going to be, where Meat Market and Arena live was?
I doubt it is going where Arena was, as that is a temp location. If I were to guess I would say it is going in Dementeds place.

So I keep skipping HOS to give the houses a chance to catch up.. but they get rid of new houses to bring back even older houses AGAIN? At this rate, am I ever going back?

I hear you but I disagree. I feel HOS tends to have a stronger lineup year after year because they mostly keep the best houses. Death Water Bayou and Motel Hell alone are worth the price of the ticket. Unearthed is beautifully set and themed. Black spot is nicely themed but does lack in scares. Demented Dimensions should have stayed but I am holding judgement until the event happens.

I hear you but I disagree. I feel HOS tends to have a stronger lineup year after year because they mostly keep the best houses. Death Water Bayou and Motel Hell alone are worth the price of the ticket. Unearthed is beautifully set and themed. Black spot is nicely themed but does lack in scares. Demented Dimensions should have stayed but I am holding judgement until the event happens.

Sorry but I'm tired of doing the same houses over and over. 6 years of Death Water Bayou? Really? It's a fantastic house but enough is enough.