Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s a behind the scenes video for Everest that show how the track switching is done.

Should be a very similar set up to this.

If you are talking about the switch at the top of the mountain before going backwards then that is a totally different system. They rotate into place on a barbeque-like spit.

EDIT! I may have spoken to soon and perhaps the track switches won’t be exposed to the elements.... it appears from the foundation work that it may be covered.

FqbNG3k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
If you are talking about the switch at the top of the mountain before going backwards then that is a totally different system. They rotate into place on a barbeque-like spit.

EDIT! I may have spoken to soon and perhaps the track switches won’t be exposed to the elements.... it appears from the foundation work that it may be covered.

FqbNG3k.jpg

So it is. I wonder why they’re going for a different method as that seems the most simple and quickest.

That can’t be right Alicia. A male African Elephant weighs at most 14,000 pounds or 7 tons. You must have added a digit as there certainly isn’t the weight of 28 elephants sitting in that one tiny spot.
I had to like your post if for nothing else the fact you used elephants as your reference point lol. That is what makes it mathematically sound, just awesome.

View attachment 7499
All of the imports for Potter have it listed as a moto coaster. I’m really hoping it doesn’t have those trains, but it seems fairly likely at this point.

Like Juvelen at Djurs? It uses tire drives but has a low twisting layout. Definitely considered a family coaster. Obviously, HP is a major upgrade due to the theming and multiple launches. Forgot about Wave Breaker as well.

View attachment 7499
All of the imports for Potter have it listed as a moto coaster. I’m really hoping it doesn’t have those trains, but it seems fairly likely at this point.

This is interesting. As far as I can see, Intamin aren't building another moto coaster in the US unless SeaWorld are secretly about to build Wave Breaker in Orlando.

Tron is the only other option but that's being built by Vekoma.

Looking at Wave Breaker, it's a 2 rail system while this coaster has a triangle track. I think this coaster is being billed as a LSM launch coaster and I don't know if that cancels out the bike setup:

LSM Launch Coaster

Reactions: Ryno27
View attachment 7499
I believe they allow for modified seating like this one:

2017-05-23-jay_0425-1400x780.jpg

They are sitting correctly but there are still "handle bars"

I imagine Universal is getting a customized version

Status
Not open for further replies.