Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I going blind or did they just open the new bus loop without any covering for the guests??
The part they opened is for charter buses, etc. Still doesn't make it right not putting shade in, but Disney cares about off-site hotels and whoever uses that loop a lot less than people paying to stay in their hotels. The people paying to stay in their hotels are getting covering.

Worth noting that the current charter bus stop area didn't have covering either, but again, still doesn't make it right. It's just cheap and something they'll have to address later on down the line.

Pics on the ground from WDWMagic: PHOTOS - Phase 1 of the new Disney's Hollywood Studios bus stop area opens to guests

From OTPN, the WDW Resorts will move to the uncovered area temporarily in mid-August until the bus station finishes as they will be closing the current bus loop then.

i-FdNDphr.jpg

I really hope the uncovered loop doesn't lead to any guests overheating or suffering from heat stroke.
I don't think it'll be that big of an issue once the entirety of the new bus loop is open and then it's just select hotels and ride share (& Mears) pickup/drop off in that area. Most of the buses that currently ran in the former charter stations were only busy for pickup at night. August will be rough with ALL hotels using that area, but once that period is passed, it should be fine.

Still, providing no shade is just dumb. I expect we'll see umbrellas go up along that route before long.

I don't think it'll be that big of an issue once the entirety of the new bus loop is open and then it's just select hotels and ride share (& Mears) pickup/drop off in that area. Most of the buses that currently ran in the former charter stations were only busy for pickup at night. August will be rough with ALL hotels using that area, but once that period is passed, it should be fine.

Still, providing no shade is just dumb. I expect we'll see umbrellas go up along that route before long.
It's just that the Florida heat can range from tolerably hot to sweltering in a matter of hours. Some tourist just aren't used to that and may not have had enough to drink, and may be tired from the day. I know Disney values customer safety highly, so I hope umbrellas go up quickly, or a cover is implemented.

Reactions: JPRA513 and Nick
Didn't know where else to post this, but last week I saw A Galactic Spectacular and noticed it's been updated since my last visit and not for the better. All the exploding shells have been cut and the show now relies upon the popping pyro you'll find at the Nighttime Lights at IOA. I'm guessing that having Toy Story Land open really hurt the types of fireworks they're allowed to use now.

Didn't know where else to post this, but last week I saw A Galactic Spectacular and noticed it's been updated since my last visit and not for the better. All the exploding shells have been cut and the show now relies upon the popping pyro you'll find at the Nighttime Lights at IOA. I'm guessing that having Toy Story Land open really hurt the types of fireworks they're allowed to use now.
This is an unfortunate side effect of where the launch site is. Choose any of the below for reasons why:

- Fallout zone is a busy highway (World Drive)
- Brush fires were becoming a nightly issue
- Toy Story Land has been taken into account

Wildfires are the biggest reason, but the fallout zone is something that has caused issues as well. Here's an article about the brush fires from the Sentinel: Emergency workers say Disney's fireworks causing more brush fires - Orlando Sentinel

They couldn't avoid moving the original launch site as it was in the backlot area that is now TSL, but they really botched it when it came to implementing a new launch pad.

I always found it odd that they would choose that launching pad. It's right over a highway and just plain dangerous, not from the fallout, but for any distracted drivers. I think after SWL opens and MMRR, they will probably do a new show that doesn't focus on fireworks.

I always found it odd that they would choose that launching pad. It's right over a highway and just plain dangerous, not from the fallout, but for any distracted drivers. I think after SWL opens and MMRR, they will probably do a new show that doesn't focus on fireworks.
The choice was very odd, but understandable considering people expect a big boom show from Disney...A projection show is just fine I suppose

The choice was very odd, but understandable considering people expect a big boom show from Disney...A projection show is just fine I suppose
The thing is, this isn’t DHS’ only nighttime show. They still have Fantasmic! The issue is it’s 1997 DHS quality and not 2017 DL quality. They desperately need to give the DHS show an update, then a mediocre fireworks/projection offering doesn’t seem so bad.

Personally, I think DHS would be better served with an Electrical Parade instead of an off-center fireworks show that doesn’t really have any good viewing spots.

The thing is, this isn’t DHS’ only nighttime show. They still have Fantasmic! The issue is it’s 1997 DHS quality and not 2017 DL quality. They desperately need to give the DHS show an update, then a mediocre fireworks/projection offering doesn’t seem so bad.

Personally, I think DHS would be better served with an Electrical Parade instead of an off-center fireworks show that doesn’t really have any good viewing spots.
Paint the Night please