Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

A Giga/Hyper has been rumored for BGT before Jungala was under construction....Silverback comes to mind

I believe their lack of attendance can be attributed to no reason to visit...There is no cutting edge headliner that drew people to the parks recently...Not to mention increased competition from Universal and Disney...I totally understand the budget cutting they've been doing
BGT is really missing out next year...the parks 60th could’ve been HUGE by adding a HUGE giga coaster to their park. Busch definitely relies on big additions to keep them coming in. It really is more of a regional park than Sea World or any of the Disney or Universal parks...they get some of the tourists, but it really needs that mew attraction to keep drawing people back.

Where are you hearing that 2020 will have another major SeaWorld addition? I doubt they get anything substantial that year, because they've gotten two major additions in the previous two years, and three in the previous four.
In 2016 the company said they would be giving a major investment to SeaWorld Orlando every 2 years, the first being Mako in 2016, the second being Infinity Falls in 2018 and therefore the next one is due in 2020.

In 2016 the company said they would be giving a major investment to SeaWorld Orlando every 2 years, the first being Mako in 2016, the second being Infinity Falls in 2018 and therefore the next one is due in 2020.
Yeah, Sesame Street is not that expensive of an addition, so I see SWO getting something larger in 2020.

BGT is getting a coaster in 2019, so 2020 will probably be a flat, with 2021 being a larger project. Like replacing the entire event field/Gwazi area with a whole new land.

Last edited:
Project Australia 2021? With BGW doing Project Madrid it's not outside of the realms of possibility.

The Kangaroo habitats could do with an update as well.

Where are you hearing that 2020 will have another major SeaWorld addition? I doubt they get anything substantial that year, because they've gotten two major additions in the previous two years, and three in the previous four.
That was the original plan under Manby: major-minor-major-minor-major; so Mako-Kraken-Infinity Falls- Sesame Street-??? With the news of fresh capital investment, I think they'll continue like this and hence 2020 will be a major addition again, especially since Sesame Street is more of a re-theme than anything else. I am thinking 2020 will see Seaworld getting a launched coaster a la Cheetah Hunt, most likely will replace Wild Arctic. I imagine a screaming swing for BGT in 2020, same area as where the skyrocket is going, will give Stanleyville four rides. For 2021 I think they might go all out and build the giga we've all been wanting.

Yeah, Sesame Street is not that expensive of an addition, so I see SWO getting something larger in 2020.

BGT is getting a coaster in 2019, so 2020 will probably be a flat, with 2021 being a larger project. Like replacing the entire event field/Gwazi area with a whole new land.

I doubt they will take down the event field area unless they relocate somewhere else. BGT like SW depends on several events that use the space back there.

I don’t see how they don’t replace Wild Arctic in 2020. It’s the worst ride in the park by a long shot, and I honestly think the park would do better with it simply closed, even without a replacement.

I know it’s pretty arbitrary, but WA is the next area geographically. They’ve circled the top half of the park from Mako to Pop to Infinity Falls to Sesame Street... to Wild Arctic.

czfo6y0mm4g11.jpg

Saw this posted on r/rollercoaster, current state of the Tidal Wave area.

Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse have been closed a few days now.. reaching out to the park asking when they'll reopen yielded the reply; We do not have an estimate nor have we made an announcement at this time.

No idea what's going on with CH, but for CC, both sides of the elevator are stuck across from one another right at the center.

Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse have been closed a few days now.. reaching out to the park asking when they'll reopen yielded the reply; We do not have an estimate nor have we made an announcement at this time.

No idea what's going on with CH, but for CC, both sides of the elevator are stuck across from one another right at the center.

If they’re counter balanced, that seems like the logical place for them to rest.