Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Canada’s Wonderland: General Discussion

Nov 7, 2016
Riding Lightning Rod
Ride the world's wildest dive roller-coaster

MSN has leaked Canada’s Wonderland’s newest coaster: A B&M dive-coaster named Yukon Striker.

Stats (from the article, more will come tomorrow)
  1. World’s tallest dive coaster
  2. Most inversions on a dive-coaster (four)
  3. First dive-coaster to feature a vertical loop
My thoughts? This looks awesome! The only weak spot (to me) is that break-run. It’s needlessly long and slow.

Last edited:
I'm kinda' split on this, on one hand the first half of the ride looks awesome and it's great to see them putting in a vertical loop on a dive machine. (RCT finally comes true!)

Unfortunately, the awesomeness of the first half of the ride looks to come to a screeching halt at the mid-course breaks as it's rather plain looking afterwards. An' finally, vest restraints. I just don't like them on dive machines, I'll always prefer the older restraints for that more open/free feeling on the drops.

I've never been on a dive machine before so I'm pumped for this one! The most recent "big" coaster we received was a B&M giga but it was so similar to the hyper that they put in several years before that one that it didn't feel like a new ride. Looking forward to something a bit different!

To me it looks short (in length) compared to Gryffon and Sheikra. I do like that it will dive through the suspended coaster and into the tunnel in the water though...