Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Sorry bud, welcome to Six Flags. They are nothing if not cheap and predictable. We all wanted to believe they might surprise us, but I fell for that trap back in 2013.

Not this time.

The ride will be awesome for what it is, but it won't be anything especially surprising.

Yes, it's best to keep our expectations low so that way we're not disappointed. At the very least, it will be a fun coaster whoever the manufacturer is.

^ Sorry bud, welcome to Six Flags. They are nothing if not cheap and predictable. We all wanted to believe they might surprise us, but I fell for that trap back in 2013.

Not this time.

The ride will be awesome for what it is, but it won't be anything especially surprising.

I would be surprised if Premier Rides is involved in any capacity.

They already have a SkyRocket (SkyRocketIII to be percise) at SFMM, so it wouldn't exactly make sense to do a lesser version of something that's already further south of California & something already in the Northern area of California.

__

If RMC is involved again, it would be probably a Single Rail concept; as that has seemed to of favored well for both Six Flags and Cedar Fair.

If it's S&S, it'd possibly be something more along the lines of their Air Launches that are starting to get a resurgence; especially with Asia starting to get in onto it.

That said..there does lie another possibility: Vekoma.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Vekoma might be out of the question due to their shaky relationship with SF. Also I would rule out RMC, SF hasn't signed for any projects with them next year as far as I'm concerned..

Last edited:
Eh RMC could still happen, albeit it would come off as a surprise.

I'd put it like this:
- S&S: Most Likely
- RMC: Likely
- Premier: Somewhat Likely
- Vekoma: Unlikely

Giving around to guessing..these are what I would consider the most likely from S&S, RMC, or Premier:

S&S
- Air Launched Coaster (More alike the Modern versions being created right now in Asia)
Premier
- Launch Coaster (different than the SkyRocketII version seen at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom/SeaWorld San Diego, and different than the SkyRocketIII already present at SFMM)
RMC
- Single Rail (Has seemed successful with Six Flags and Cedar Fair; and would lead to a more compact experience if done properly)

I would be surprised if Premier Rides is involved in any capacity.

They already have a SkyRocket (SkyRocketIII to be percise) at SFMM, so it wouldn't exactly make sense to do a lesser version of something that's already further south of California & something already in the Northern area of California.

Um.. have you been to SFMM? They added two 4D coasters in X2 and Green Lantern. Two similar loopers on Scream and Riddler's Revenge. Besides, Premier Rides is more than capable of building just about any type of launcher SFMM requests, and they've done dueling concepts before.

Um.. have you been to SFMM? They added two 4D coasters in X2 and Green Lantern. Two similar loopers on Scream and Riddler's Revenge. Besides, Premier Rides is more than capable of building just about any type of launcher SFMM requests, and they've done dueling concepts before.

I have, and while I have had the issue of not being able to go to SoCal theme parks as often as in the past (for issues I will not disclose); I don't see the similarities in Scream/Riddler and in X2/GL.

For me, I call Scream and Riddler different in how it's seating differs from the parks other traditional Sit-Down coasters. And that I consider X2 and GL different in how it handles the 4D spin; whereas X2 is controlled spinning, GL is Freespinning (not that I'm going to give Green Lantern any praise, as I hate that coaster with a fiery passion).

I haven't been able to ride Full Throttle, but I am going by classifications and statistics on that. And I have not ridden Twisted Colossus, but have heard amazing things of the coaster from people I talk too. And that I am hoping to eventually get back to Six Flags to experience the new things I've missed. But that, it won't stop me from discussing and speculating (or hearing particular rumors and possibilities).

That said, you have given a good introduction to IU; as I've had to think of what to say. And that, I can't wait to see what you post next.

That said..back to Premier Rides, if they go with them; then the only thing that I can think of, is more of a Skyrocket II, as it hasn't seemed of them doing anything else really unique with their coasters since 2013 (with FT at Magic Mountain, and Deep Space from an theme park in India).

Why should I think that they change now, especially with mostly everything they've been doing being the SkyRocket II model?

Reactions: SOCAL110
^ Except what if this is some sort of dueling, racing concept? That already makes it quite different from any of their Sky Rocket rides.

Personally, I don't understand why they would go with Premier (except being cheap as usual), especially after thier last attempt at the dueling concept (The Chiller) had to be removed. But you have to admit it's a total Six Flags thing to do. They just added a giant Super Loop to Great America for God's sake. Nothing is off the table after that.

Last edited:
There’s one thing to consider regarding the T-Rex rumor: RMC said somewhere at IAPPA when that concept video launched that the T-Rex wouldn’t be available for the market until 2020. Unless RMC miraculously got that done way early and approached SFMM to see if they were interested, that makes it less likely.

Reactions: chris.g

Yea chief, not really seeing the similarities between those coasters, especially X2 & Green Lantern. They couldn't be a more different experience. X2 is my favorite coaster in the park & GL is my least favorite. I'm glad Alex was able to call you out on that.

I really doubt it's Premier Rides. Unfortunately, I also don't believe it's a T-Rex. There is no evidence to suggest this is what they're getting, other than fan wish. I'm going to stick with S&S, but I hope I'm wrong & by some miracle it's an RMC.

If it's RMC, the only guess I'd have is a more Raptor-track; primarily due to the location of the plot and the positive results it so-far has had at Fiesta Texas.

But yeah, S&S is probably the most likely, and that the best bet if it's them is the Air Launched coasters.

Just saw a video for the S&S Air Launched coaster & they actually look pretty fun. I could live with it.

Yea chief, not really seeing the similarities between those coasters, especially X2 & Green Lantern. They couldn't be a more different experience. X2 is my favorite coaster in the park & GL is my least favorite. I'm glad Alex was able to call you out on that.

I really doubt it's Premier Rides. Unfortunately, I also don't believe it's a T-Rex. There is no evidence to suggest this is what they're getting, other than fan wish. I'm going to stick with S&S, but I hope I'm wrong & by some miracle it's an RMC.

X2 and Green Lantern do share enough similarities to warrant the point I'm making. One is great and one is terrible, but they both feature similar vehicles that spin in both directions while navigating track. They are similar in that respect. Want a better example, SFNE with both two boomerang concepts in the same area lol.

Either way, that really doesn't matter as both Kings Island and Kings Dominion already have multiple Premier coasters that are very different anyway, so their is living, breathing evidence that it can be done. They have done more than just Sky Rockets in their history.

Last edited:
Either way, that really doesn't matter as both Kings Island and Kings Dominion already have multiple Premier coasters that are very different anyway, so their is living, breathing evidence that it can be done. They have done more than just Sky Rockets in their history.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with this at all.

The LIM coasters made for Cedar Fair at Island/Dominion/Wonderland are radically different than the SkyRockets, by how they were handled and who they were targeting those types of coasters. Not to mention, they have switched over from LIM to LSM's with the Skyrockets all being the LSM launches.

Mummy, was LIM. Backlot Stunt Coaster (or Italian Job: Stunt Coaster in names), was LIM. The SkyRocket models II & III are LSM.