Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Never have seen a movie there. Figured I could do that at home. Locals thing.
big space though.

So, can anyone out there confirm what I’m hearing about AMC leaving the UOR Citywalk Cineplex?

Universal Hollywood uses AMC still, even under the alias that is now in-place (Universal Cinemas).

Perhaps whoever told you that meant that they will no longer use AMC in the naming, and will be redoing the theaters to match the Hollywood version? That'd be my guess, as it has seemed to of worked really well for the USH CW location for locals.

It was the first theater to sell alcohol in the area besides Pointe Orlando, and that was it's only real selling point for a few years. Now, it's a great place to see a movie - if you want to feel like you're seeing a movie in 1999.

It was the first theater to sell alcohol in the area besides Pointe Orlando, and that was it's only real selling point for a few years. Now, it's a great place to see a movie - if you want to feel like you're seeing a movie in 1999.
Can you elaborate on this? I've never been inside it. What aspects of it make it feel so noticeably dated?

If AMC does leave, I hope they bring in CGV rather than any other chain...

Price ranked movie tickets (based on format, seat selection, theatre tickets range from $3 bucks seating in the worst seat of a basic theatre all the way to $245 for 5 person for a skybox mezzaine within the theatre with personal concierge and two movie screenings)
23B6ED33598056202F

30 different flavors of popcorn
8 different craft beer
15 different film theatre styles
photo ticket movie tickets (collectible movie tickets that are essentially a hard card Polaroid photo),
Concert Hall
two bars
Cafe

If AMC isn’t going to refurb it, good riddance. Would love to see Uni really go outside the box and bring in a company like Alamo Drafthouse for their theater

Truth. Have an Alamo near my house in Virginia and I only go there for movies now. Have seen loads of classics there, too. Jaws, Ghostbusters, Raiders of the Lost Ark play there pretty regularly. Perfect spot for an Alamo. They announced they'll have a moviepass type service too.

I still don't get the appeal of a cinema in CityWalk.
What's the appeal of a cinema at any mall? I go here with my buddies for pretty much every big premier and there's always huge lines and sold out theaters. The Universal AMC and Disney Springs AMC are two of the most profitable in the company.

It's unfortunate that AMC refuses to give the Universal or DS theaters refurbishments to bring them up to snuff with the 2018 movie-going experience.

What's the appeal of a cinema at any mall? I go here with my buddies for pretty much every big premier and there's always huge lines and sold out theaters. The Universal AMC and Disney Springs AMC are two of the most profitable in the company.

It's unfortunate that AMC refuses to give the Universal or DS theaters refurbishments to bring them up to snuff with the 2018 movie-going experience.
Well, Univesal did get LieMAX and DS has a Dolby Cinema option. But, yeah, they are more like a good mall Cineplex than a premium theater experience.

Well, Univesal did get LieMAX and DS has a Dolby Cinema option. But, yeah, they are more like a good mall Cineplex than a premium theater experience.
The Universal theaters are the last I know of to offer reserved advance seating (except for LieMAX), the seats are uncomfortable, and I am not sure why the even have an upstairs concession stand (I have never seen it open since day one).

My line of thought is that anybody can go to the cinema in any town at any time. Why would you want to do something on your vacation that you can do so easily at home?

My line of thought is that anybody can go to the cinema in any town at any time. Why would you want to do something on your vacation that you can do so easily at home?

I believe it is right up there with game rooms, miniature golf and all the other offerings at resorts. It’s just something to do when you are tuckered out from the theme parks. Especially for families with tweens and teens.