Aventura Hotel | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is Bar 17 open exclusively to hotel guests, or can non-guests partake? Seems like it’ll be packed every night, but if it’s open to non-hotel guests, then it’ll be nuts.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is Bar 17 open exclusively to hotel guests, or can non-guests partake? Seems like it’ll be packed every night, but if it’s open to non-hotel guests, then it’ll be nuts.

My understanding is yes, anyone can visit. But if it does end up being busy I think they will limit to resort guests.

It's open to all. They have a dedicated elevator just for Bar 17 access.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JoeCamel
After watching the Tim Tracker video, there is a lot about this hotel I don't like. This might get salty.

For a value hotel, the food offerings are too pricey and niche. I predict that the menu will be changed quickly.

It looks dated already, it looks like a Vegas hotel from 10 years ago. The graphic design and decor is bland and muddled. I know they're claiming it's a no theme hotel but at least have some consistency. It feels like it's trying to portray a luxury and modern hotel but on a tight budget.

The room layout looks crammed and messy. I'm not a fan of the tablet system. Again, this reminds me of a Vegas hotel from 10 years ago but half assed.

I think it's a value hotel which will suit most people just looking for a place to sleep on site but for anybody looking for the experience that they're trying to portray will be disappointed.

CBBR looks far superior for what it is. :shrug:

After watching the Tim Tracker video, there is a lot about this hotel I don't like. This might get salty.

For a value hotel, the food offerings are too pricey and niche. I predict that the menu will be changed quickly.

It looks dated already, it looks like a Vegas hotel from 10 years ago. The graphic design and decor is bland and muddled. I know they're claiming it's a no theme hotel but at least have some consistency. It feels like it's trying to portray a luxury and modern hotel but on a tight budget.

The room layout looks crammed and messy. I'm not a fan of the tablet system. Again, this reminds me of a Vegas hotel from 10 years ago but half assed.

I think it's a value hotel which will suit most people just looking for a place to sleep on site but for anybody looking for the experience that they're trying to portray will be disappointed.

CBBR looks far superior for what it is. :shrug:

It is hard to gauge but the rooms look a little cramped. The two queen bed room has narrow walking room.

Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and Casting from other devices such as Google Chromecast are options; apparently. Alongside radio, cable, and apparently the bible.

That alone is a really cool feature.

I agree that the food/bar options are aiming too luxurious - it's incompatible with the "budget" scope of the hotel. Still, I think it offers a cleaner, more palatable alternative, and the views are killer. Would definitely consider staying here if a deluxe isn't an option.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It is hard to gauge but the rooms look a little cramped. The two queen bed room has narrow walking room.

The standard rooms seem fine but I think the suites are the ones that are suffering.

universals-aventura-room-14005-10139-162e3578321.jpg

universals-aventura-room-14007-10141-162e3646b76.jpg

Having the curtains close from the tablet is probably the biggest feature missing.

Looking back at the concept art, I had always assumed that the glass panels were escalators and check in and the restaurants would be over two floors:
Universals-Aventura-Hotel-Lobby-Rendering-1024x640.jpg

Reactions: n i c k
My understanding is yes, anyone can visit. But if it does end up being busy I think they will limit to resort guests.
I would expect a honeymoon for locals, but it will slow down I think. Most on-site people won't know it's there. But the view thing........
would have liked to have seen more of the carving station in the pantry. All I saw was rotisserie chicken, salmon and beef rib. Only one requires carving.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
We'll be posting our "First Look" article later on, but did want to mention a few things.

• Universal has admittedly said there is no theme for this hotel, unlike the other 5. They, in a way, acknowledged that while they are proud of what they accomplished with this hotel, it may not be for everyone; which is fine. The goal was to diversify what their hotel line-up offers.
  • As we tweeted the other day. Universal's goal for each Resort is to focus/center on a "selling point". Portofino is the "upscale experience", while Cabana is centered around the pools. For Aventura, it's the rooftop bar and the views.
  • The pool is definitely the weakest offering here but if you're staying here for the pool, you're doing it wrong.

Thank you!

I would think it would be easier to find the CBBR pool from here than it is to find the pool at Portofino!

For a hotel that is supposedly tech savvy, its lacking in several things.

1st: Hotel Card Power Switch that powers up the electricity in the room for mainly bathroom, tv, and lights. (Energy saver and prevents accidentally fires for people leaving hairdryers etc on)

2nd: The ability to power and control everything from the tablet to include the curtains which is the biggest shame.

3rd: Shower glass or even the outside windows changing from clear to opaque if you so choose.

(most modern hotels are getting into this as an additional way multiple people can use a bathroom without dividing up the airs)

As for color, the kid suite in particular was extremely bland and I really think those white walls were a horrible design choice that won't age well at all. Maybe it looks better in person?

I do like the flooring and some of the decorative pieces though. UC definitely put some effort and for the price point it is at...it make sense.

Will I stay here? Probably not if I'm the one paying/planning as the hotel seems bit too bright and bland for my personal taste.

For a hotel that is supposedly tech savvy, its lacking in several things.

1st: Hotel Card Power Switch that powers up the electricity in the room for mainly bathroom, tv, and lights. (Energy saver and prevents accidentally fires for people leaving hairdryers etc on)

2nd: The ability to power and control everything from the tablet to include the curtains which is the biggest shame.

3rd: Shower glass or even the outside windows changing from clear to opaque if you so choose.

(most modern hotels are getting into this as an additional way multiple people can use a bathroom without dividing up the airs)

As for color, the kid suite in particular was extremely bland and I really think those white walls were a horrible design choice that won't age well at all. Maybe it looks better in person?

I do like the flooring and some of the decorative pieces though. UC definitely put some effort and for the price point it is at...it make sense.

Will I stay here? Probably not if I'm the one paying/planning as the hotel seems bit too bright and bland for my personal taste.

You are not going to find powered window dressing in a $100/night room.

Last edited:
Aside from the nontheme, which I completely despise that entire concept, I can say that eating in the food court is going to be a pain. It looks like there is so little seating for the capacity of that hotel.

The lobby looks too small for the size of that hotel. The check-in desk is right there at the entrance. Unless they have a good line set up, I can see people blocking the entrance. For some reason at the Universal hotels, I always end up waiting like 15 minutes at the check-in line (unlike Disney where I go straight to the room and open it with my phone or magic band).

These rooms look luxuriously spacious compared to some hotels I've had to stay at in New York for work *cough* Yotel *cough*. I don't really care about the non-themeing, either. And at those price points, Aventura is perfect for a person like me trying to get away for a quick weekend vacation. Also about time the theme park hotels have tablet controls. Don't know if Disney has em as I haven't stayed at a Disney property in over a decade.