Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Watch announcements get delayed again.

They better get moving on announcements. Anymore leaks and they're going to have to call a plumber.

I don't think it can. They're out of time. Announcement videos will likely be shown at Scare Academy next week.

(Can everyone agree not to blow the play-by-play of the mazes like last year? That was a real bummer.)

I don't think it can. They're out of time. Announcement videos will likely be shown at Scare Academy next week.

(Can everyone agree not to blow the play-by-play of the mazes like last year? That was a real bummer.)
Remember last year on hhn where some guy from scare academy leaked the whole scenes of houses.

I'm planning on keeping quiet of anything in Monsters until Murdy acknowledges it. I completely agree with how that it shouldn't be spoiled; especially as it'd be dissapointing to see word in the wild.

Remember last year on hhn where some guy from scare academy leaked the whole scenes of houses.

IMO, nothing will ever beat two years ago when, after the website was launched and everything, but terror tram was announced, and there was rigorous debate on what the theme would be, since it was original, and some guy on twitter blatantly tweeted that he was just hired at "UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS" as a clown pimp on "ELI ROTH'S CLOWNTASM" (his quotes, not mine). It honestly felt like he kind of wanted to get caught, but still. :grin:

IMO, nothing will ever beat two years ago when, after the website was launched and everything, but terror tram was announced, and there was rigorous debate on what the theme would be, since it was original, and some guy on twitter blatantly tweeted that he was just hired at "UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS" as a clown pimp on "ELI ROTH'S CLOWNTASM" (his quotes, not mine). It honestly felt like he kind of wanted to get caught, but still. :grin:

That was the best LOL..

I mean, as long as they put a spoiler tag for the play-by-play of the mazes.

No. That sort of behavior is what'll kill the "preview" portion of Scare Academy. It isn't strictly necessary - they do it to hype up the actors and get them excited. If full-on leaks become a problem, they'll just stop doing it.

No. That sort of behavior is what'll kill the "preview" portion of Scare Academy. It isn't strictly necessary - they do it to hype up the actors and get them excited. If full-on leaks become a problem, they'll just stop doing it.

It also ruins a lot of the fun for everyone else, because of how it can annoy & upset people who are trying to get away from being spoiled here on the forums.

called spoiler tags.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

Even just knowing it's out there, can and would upset people; as they would need to take a lot more caution to the forums. It's also a lot more insulting than just saying a rumor that can be taken with grains of salt, because it's concrete. That alone, is a reason to why it's a problem; because it ruins the fun out of everything that should be seen in-person.

actually if i remember from last year it was some employee who recorded it then sent it to the poster. sucks for the dude who recorded it.

Does it matter though who recorded it? The point is, that it got out there without the consent or understanding of legal confidentiality.
i only said it because it was something from last year. had nothing to do with your conversation. heck i even did it to tell people NOT to do it.

i only said it because it was something from last year. had nothing to do with your conversation.

Then allow me, to post simply this:

those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I doubt they'd be ignorant to do the same mistakes that made last year's play-by-play leaks occur; and I'd be shocked if we had a similar situation this time around.

Reactions: Spookies n' Stuff
I agree about the aspect of total respect to the "confidential business meeting details."

However, to those that are having the "fun ruined by avoiding spoilers:"
There are "media days" - which is often only a week or so after Scare Academy - when Murdy literally walks news outlets into the mazes, scene by scene, and explains in detail everything that will happen and you can see it in video and photographs. These are SUPPOSED to go out so major fans can see them IF THEY WISH. Same with reviews on employee preview or even actual video of the mazes themselves that are up by midnight that very same night three days before "official opening," in it's "unfinished" state. <------ This is essentially the same thing but worse, and literally before 99.9% of anyone gets to see it, yet it's totally fine as long as it's spoiler tagged. And finally, I feel like it goes the same for those who go first weekend and talk about it for 5 weeks before the majority of everyone else, even a good majority of people on this very board. Yes, this is the "official opening," but it warrants the same attitude -- to put spoiler tags and the restraint not to click it.

I agree about the aspect of total respect to the "confidential business meeting details."

However, to those that are having the "fun ruined by avoiding spoilers:"
There are "media days" - which is often only a week or so after Scare Academy - when Murdy literally walks news outlets into the mazes, scene by scene, and explains in detail everything that will happen and you can see it in video and photographs. These are SUPPOSED to go out so major fans can see them IF THEY WISH. Same with reviews on employee preview or even actual video of the mazes themselves that are up by midnight that very same night three days before "official opening," in it's "unfinished" state. <------ This is essentially the same thing but worse, and literally before 99.9% of anyone gets to see it, yet it's totally fine as long as it's spoiler tagged. And finally, I feel like it goes the same for those who go first weekend and talk about it for 5 weeks before the majority of everyone else, even a good majority of people on this very board. Yes, this is the "official opening," but it warrants the same attitude -- to put spoiler tags and the restraint not to click it.
tenor.gif