Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I agree about the aspect of total respect to the "confidential business meeting details."

However, to those that are having the "fun ruined by avoiding spoilers:"
There are "media days" - which is often only a week or so after Scare Academy - when Murdy literally walks news outlets into the mazes, scene by scene, and explains in detail everything that will happen and you can see it in video and photographs. These are SUPPOSED to go out so major fans can see them IF THEY WISH. Same with reviews on employee preview or even actual video of the mazes themselves that are up by midnight that very same night three days before "official opening," in it's "unfinished" state. <------ This is essentially the same thing but worse, and literally before 99.9% of anyone gets to see it, yet it's totally fine as long as it's spoiler tagged. And finally, I feel like it goes the same for those who go first weekend and talk about it for 5 weeks before the majority of everyone else, even a good majority of people on this very board. Yes, this is the "official opening," but it warrants the same attitude -- to put spoiler tags and the restraint not to click it.

That's all officially sanctioned, so it's fair game. Scare Academy is a week and a half earlier and by no means the same thing. (Frankly, filming employee preview is a bit of a gray area Uni decided to just look the other way on.)

That's honestly one of the things that kinda irks me about filming during Employee Preview night. Since I'm logged in on my youtube app all the time and because I watch HHN related videos, it suggests me more, even when I don't search, resulting, during the week of, in me seeing thumbnails of stuff from Employee Preview, basically almost ruining some parts I didn't want to know about. Last year it was seeing the Jack mask and Pig Man (AHS) masks in thumbnails that kinda spoiled it during the week.

Well, even Murdy shows off the masks in his Twitter, so I don't consider that much of a spoiler. But when I enter a room and know where a scare is going to come from, then it's been spoiled. You'll never get that element of surprise again. It sucks knowing 85% of the time anyway just from logic or even worse, seeing it happen in front of you before you get there. Also, knowing the finale set up is a spoiler for me also. Everything else: the sets, masks, costumes, props, sound, music, doesn't really change anything for me.

Well, even Murdy shows off the masks in his Twitter

I actually avoid his Twitter account, once everything is announced in order to avoid seeing behind the scenes molds and stuff. As a result, I wasn't expecting the addition of eyes to various masks in 2016 and last year, as well as most of the characters in 2016's Terror Tram. I say it was worth it.

Reactions: DTH
I wonder how the audience at ScareLa is gonna react when they talk about the one maze thats returning with two crappy movies. Oh boy.... I can imagine either an awkward silence or boos.

I wonder how the audience at ScareLa is gonna react when they talk about the one maze thats returning with two crappy movies. Oh boy.... I can imagine either an awkward silence or boos.

If they're smart, they won't talk about that maze.

I actually avoid his Twitter account, once everything is announced in order to avoid seeing behind the scenes molds and stuff. As a result, I wasn't expecting the addition of eyes to various masks in 2016 and last year, as well as most of the characters in 2016's Terror Tram. I say it was worth it.
You have hella restraint, mad respect, I wish I could hold off that well lol
I usually go to the event having watched at least a maze and a half before I go.
I watch my least anticipated so I know how bad it is and if it'll be worth it if worse comes to worse with the lines (it never has, luckily) and I watch half of my most anticipated [with the sound off], because I'm just that excited for it.

If they're smart, they won't talk about that maze.
Or maybe they could go into great length and detail about how this won't be awful. I'd appreciate it, honestly.

Wait, so just to verify, cause it seemed a bit oddly-worded, we're getting both announcements next week BEFORE ScareLA? or we're getting a maze announcement at SLA? Because if it's the first option, I understand that it would be lucrative to go into detail with UCM at ScareLA.

Wait, so just to verify, cause it seemed a bit oddly-worded, we're getting both announcements next week BEFORE ScareLA? or we're getting a maze announcement at SLA? Because if it's the first option, I understand that it would be lucrative to go into detail with UCM at ScareLA.
I interpreted it as we’re getting everything announced before ScareLA that way John can lay a basic explanation of UCM but go into great detail at ScareLA. Like he said to someone on twitter, one of these last unannounced mazes he put his heart and soul into. Obviously that’s Monsters so giving him a full panel to talk about the maze he’s wanted to do for years makes sense to me

I've talked with Justyn on it, and I get the vibe that Blum will be announced on Tuesday; and we won't get MondoMonsters revealed until the Sunday.

Like @HorrorNightsFan13, I fully believe that he'll focus that panel on that maze, as the characters have meant so much for him and of his past. Who'll come on alongside him, will be an interesting question to ask, though.

I'm sure we'll get both BEFORE ScareLA but Murdy will save going into full detail on Monsters til ScareLA

I've talked with Justyn on it, and I get the vibe that Blum will be announced on Tuesday; and we won't get MondoMonsters revealed until the Sunday.

Like @HorrorNightsFan13, I fully believe that he'll focus that panel on that maze, as the characters have meant so much for him and of his past. Who'll come on alongside him, will be an interesting question to ask, though.

That sounds about right to me, plus or minus a day.

i won't be surprised if they also talk about poltergeist during the panel. maybe horrors of blumhouse to say what there gonna try and do.

I can't say that I'm not curious as to how those IP's will actually be executed, especially in a big maze location area like the FDTD queue.

Truth or Dare is fairly obvious if you've seen the movie - lot of time spent in the haunted Abbey, probably a stop in the convenience store, offices, and hospital. You can really stick the smile characters anywhere, but the Abbey is the one memorable location.

Unfriended is the real wildcard.

My biggest concern with the "smile demons" in Truth or Dare's portion is that if it's just a facial prosthetic, it may look almost as goofy as the Orlando Jack forehead prosthetics.