TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I actually really like how rickety Space Mountain feels, and I particularly like the single-file seating. Two riders per row, like Disneyland's, just doesn't seem like it would feel as thrilling.
Well, originally it was more like the Matterhorn seating (lap seating, 4 to a car). And the original track was really scary (turns not banked, drops too steep) but that track didn't last more than six or seven months (It was retracted almost upon opening, one side at a time). It also used seatbelts (that had a tendency to slide open when you crested a hill on the original track). I remember riding it as an employee in late November of 1974 and after having been tossed around like a rag doll, I asked the operator "You're not seriously opening like this?" and they told me they had no choice due to RCA's instance of '74 or walk (It opened soft Xmas 74).

I love Space Mountain... I feel like part of the thrill is how rickety and chaotic it feels. I love that it's not smooth, but it's not rough enough to give me a headache or any kind of real pain. It's probably part nostalgia, but I love how lost and out of control it feels... I never feel bored on it.

With the Potter coaster coming up the street, I kinda feel bad for this ride.

Late to the party, and under dressed.
I'd feel worse for it if it was going in literally any other park but MK. Right now I say "who cares".

It'll still be fun (if short), but more importantly, it's going in a park that already has a lot of rides, but this will by far be the most thrilling ride in the park so for MK, it'll still be a win. You don't always have to win Orlando. As long as it's a win for the park it's going into, sometimes that's good enough.

We already know what TRON is though. It’s short, not much scenery, and screens.

Potter will almost undoubtedly be the better coaster. Doesn’t mean I’m still not excited for TRON though.

I’m more excited for Tron tbh but I think Potter will be the better experience.

I think that the Potter coaster is going to be difficult to portray what it really is. Show you too much coaster or too many show scenes and people don't have a clue what to think. Add on that I think most of the HP coaster will be relatively well hidden from guest areas and probably no POV videos being allowed, the public won't have a lot to share. Tron is a lot more accessible and easier to show what it is.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
There are more Disney bloggers and Insta stars than Universal, that alone means it’ll be covered more. Just it’ll be about the awning, a colored wall, and some food and not the ACTUAL RIDE.
I think it’ll be more about the Tron merch than food as I don’t think this will come with anything besides maybe a blue raspberry (or just blue colored) light up drink.

There are more Disney bloggers and Insta stars than Universal, that alone means it’ll be covered more. Just it’ll be about the awning, a colored wall, and some food and not the ACTUAL RIDE.

They will gripe on forums about the awning destroying Tomorrowland. They will gush with praise about it to Disney so as to keep getting their freebies. In the end, they won't ride the coaster but will praise it as a solid addition nonetheless.

They won’t wasn’t it @Alicia who said the original plans called for it going over the speedway but being moved to current location because the speedway is still popular and good on guest surveys.

Like Disneyland’s version to me it’s a waste of space and I’m pretty sure Disneyland’s takes up more space. For a park like Disneyland with land constraints I cant see why they don’t remove it and put the BatB dark ride(Tokyo Disneyland) and a Frozen Bobsled Coaster(HongKong Disneyland) in its place. Pretty sure they could fit both on the plot.

Like I said thinking out loud today

Part of Disneyland's Autopia is built on top of the caverns that hold the interior part of the Finding Nemo subs. Plus, there are the currently unused People Mover/Rocket Rod tracks on top of that and the monorail track as well. So that one large area holds about four different attractions, though one of them is not operating anymore.

Disneyland has always been creative with small spaces using a multi-story approach.

Reactions: HPFred
Part of Disneyland's Autopia is built on top of the caverns that hold the interior part of the Finding Nemo subs. Plus, there are the currently unused People Mover/Rocket Rod tracks on top of that and the monorail track as well. So that one large area holds about four different attractions, though one of them is not operating anymore.

Disneyland has always been creative with small spaces using a multi-story approach.
I was shocked at how long (and varied) Disneyland's Autopia was compared to our plain jane Speedway

Reactions: SkiBum
I was shocked at how long (and varied) Disneyland's Autopia was compared to our plain jane Speedway
Right? I had worked our speedway so always put off riding the Autopia until last visit and i was like, whatever I'll ride it. I was shocked how long (and beautiful) the layout was compared to ours.