Kraken Unleashed | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Kraken Unleashed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At the moment, the VR packs were only on rows 3-7, leaving rows 1, 2 & 8 free of VR. I could see this allowing a standby line to fill those seats for those who don't want to use the VR (likely what they are doing). They could just be testing it with those rows to see if it's any better and things could change before it actually being used again.

I am only going off what Dan in Midway Mayhem has said in his latest SeaWorld video but he is reporting that there are rumours that the VR on Kraken unleashed is set to be removed permanently due to its continued technical issues.
Does anyone on here know anything in relation to this?

I am only going off what Dan in Midway Mayhem has said in his latest SeaWorld video but he is reporting that there are rumours that the VR on Kraken unleashed is set to be removed permanently due to its continued technical issues.
Does anyone on here know anything in relation to this?

Awe, never got to do it, and was gonna try on of my HHN visits. They ruined the queue and theming, and it seems all for nothing. :'(

Reactions: tankart150
Awe, never got to do it, and was gonna try on of my HHN visits. They ruined the queue and theming, and it seems all for nothing. :'(

I'm from the UK so can only visit Orlando every few years. On my last visit last year it didn't work for me. It took 5-6 minutes of loading and unloading between every ride too as they were adjusting, removing and cleaning the headsets.

I'm from the UK so can only visit Orlando every few years. On my last visit last year it didn't work for me. It took 5-6 minutes of loading and unloading between every ride too as they were adjusting, removing and cleaning the headsets.
Yikes, probably for the best then.

Seemed like a massive blunder. Spent loads of money on it (including modding the station) only for it to be removed in a year.

It’s a shame that SeaWorld had to learn such a hard lesson but it will be a lesson for Universal and Disney that this technology isn’t a viable option at this scale.

The VR was done well, but had all the downfalls I expected. Obviously the worst was the gutting of capacity. But just as bad was that it was not a comfortable experience, I don't just mean the load/unload that took forever, but just being on the ride, to have the headset not fly off it had to be tight, and it often hurt my nose; or have it less tight and risk it flying off, and end up holding on to your headset to make sure it stays on.

So is the VR definitively gone forever? Like, the equipment is gone, there's no mention of VR anywhere, and the staff have confirmed it's not coming back? If so that's really sad; it was their best attraction. I only got to experience it once, but it was amazing. Without the virtual reality aspect, the re-theme just seems kind of pathetic, and it goes back to being their least remarkable roller coaster. Plus, didn't they get rid of all the story elements in Journey to Atlantis so that it would tie in with the story of Kraken Unleashed?

Yes. It's gone forever. Every bit of the hardware has been removed from the trains (that are currently operating).

The park has also removed any references to the VR on the website (though seem to still be calling it Kraken Unleashed).
kuswo.JPG

These photos from Midway Mayhem posted yesterday on their FB page show it's been removed from the trains:

41123029_2189241374654802_3206485913039273984_n.jpg

40987227_2189240797988193_6369504180062650368_n.jpg