Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, some interesting stuff is going on with park hours. Since the Sept park hours have been released, Wed the 19th and 26th have shown the park closing at 7pm. However, the hours have been updated in the past day or two and now show a park closing time of 5pm (a normal HHN closing time). Could this mean that we might be getting some extra days added to the event? Maybe ticket sales are higher than expected already because of the hype for this year so they added more? You can't currently purchase tickets for this night yet, but that's most likely because they haven't announced it yet. I for one will be VERY happy if they add on two dates and I hope they include it in the rush of fear ticket if you've already purchased it.

Also, if you go to the "Know before you go" section on the updated website and click Dates, it lists the 27th as an event night now which never was before. Either it's an error on that page, or they moved the event to the 25th which now has the park closing at 6pm.

Reactions: Freddyglove
So the merch theme is capitalizing on the Root of All Evil (LOLs). I wonder if “Seeds of Extinction” could be considered the Icon House...

I can see why Uni wanted StrTh Season 2 incorporated this year, what with the heavy pumpkin patch/organic feel that’s shared by three areas this year.

So, some interesting stuff is going on with park hours. Since the Sept park hours have been released, Wed the 19th and 26th have shown the park closing at 7pm. However, the hours have been updated in the past day or two and now show a park closing time of 5pm (a normal HHN closing time). Could this mean that we might be getting some extra days added to the event? Maybe ticket sales are higher than expected already because of the hype for this year so they added more? You can't currently purchase tickets for this night yet, but that's most likely because they haven't announced it yet. I for one will be VERY happy if they add on two dates and I hope they include it in the rush of fear ticket if you've already purchased it.

Also, if you go to the "Know before you go" section on the updated website and click Dates, it lists the 27th as an event night now which never was before. Either it's an error on that page, or they moved the event to the 25th which now has the park closing at 6pm.

Hopefully it's not another Microsoft private event..

Reactions: Victoria
So I am going to ask here, since I don't see a more appropriate thread for the question.

I have only been to HHN once, and that was a few years back. One of the biggest hurdles I came across (and I have seen others mention this) is the "Conga Lines"

How much room do you have to actually "self-pulse" the lines or is there a trick that you use to help increase your chances of getting the most scares?

if you do this prepare to have them flashing flashlights on your face and telling you to move faster. besides then the people behind you will miss the scares as well so then it becomes a double problem, ruining the house for the people behind you.

Conga lines are a part of HHN. there is no way around it, if you want a better experience then do a private tour. or visit another haunt.

if you really want to get all the scares, then act really scared, or go with a girl that gets really really scared, because every time this happens most of the actors will try to get her. it has happened every single time i see a group with a girl that is super scared of everything. (It can happen with a guy that is super scared as well obviously, but girls that are scared are like magnets for scares. the more scared they are the more the actors go after them)

So I am going to ask here, since I don't see a more appropriate thread for the question.

I have only been to HHN once, and that was a few years back. One of the biggest hurdles I came across (and I have seen others mention this) is the "Conga Lines"

How much room do you have to actually "self-pulse" the lines or is there a trick that you use to help increase your chances of getting the most scares?

Speaking from a scareactor’s perspective, you get in a much better performance flow when the line’s constantly moving. When guests are pulsing through, timing gets a little awkward since you’re not constantly scaring - even though you’re told to “scare the air”, which doesn’t happen because it’s nice to take a breather. Remember: the scares are designed for a conga line, not a pulse.

As a guest, I always keep it moving at a leisurely pace and hope for good timing.

if you do this prepare to have them flashing flashlights on your face and telling you to move faster. besides then the people behind you will miss the scares as well so then it becomes a double problem, ruining the house for the people behind you.

Conga lines are a part of HHN. there is no way around it, if you want a better experience then do a private tour. or visit another haunt.

if you really want to get all the scares, then act really scared, or go with a girl that gets really really scared, because every time this happens most of the actors will try to get her. it has happened every single time i see a group with a girl that is super scared of everything. (It can happen with a guy that is super scared as well obviously, but girls that are scared are like magnets for scares. the more scared they are the more the actors go after them)

I'm a screamer, but the scareactor's don't know it by looking at me. So sometimes they go for the easy target, but then I get spooked and scream, so either way they get their scare lol.

Speaking from a scareactor’s perspective, you get in a much better performance flow when the line’s constantly moving. When guests are pulsing through, timing gets a little awkward since you’re not constantly scaring - even though you’re told to “scare the air”, which doesn’t happen because it’s nice to take a breather. Remember: the scares are designed for a conga line, not a pulse.

As a guest, I always keep it moving at a leisurely pace and hope for good timing.
This. When the pace through the house is steady, a decent scare (with the right scareactor) can find a rhythm that allows them to pop out every second-fourth person. At that point, your essentially scaring everyone who walks through your room.

I had that in Catacombs. I had two boo-holes, and would find a rhythm that "Boo. Skidoo. Step. Step. Step. Prep. Boo. Skidoo. Step. Step. Step. Prep..."

Everything feels much easier when you can get into that sort of flow. You also stop targeting. Because the timing is more important than the victim. Everyone starts to get something.

Sometimes, self-pulsing can wreak major havoc on timing because of it.

Last edited:

I’m not sure I’m as big a fan of bungee scares as others are, for that very reason. Every run through Fallen I tried to walk really slow and would still often miss the bungee scares. The fact that half the cast got sick didn’t help the house.

HHN Merch is the same thing every. single. year. Black t-shirt with big obnoxious logo on the front and the houses on the back. A lanyard. A mug. Big obnoxious logo t-shirts for the IP houses.

Being the same types doesn't necessarily meant that they're constantly poorly designed.

While I agree they could get a little more experimental, there are only so many types of items you can design that theme park crowds will buy.

While not poorly designed IMHO, they’re definitely not “unique”. Especially because this event attracts tons of repeat visitors, you’d think they would have leaned into the 80s nostalgia for this one, or at least have done up the HHN logo with an 80’s VHS/Stranger Things-style font...