The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Welp. That checks off 1 out of the some-30 problems with the current resort. At least they picked a big one.

CrispAmazingEyas-small.gif

If this is the reason it's embarrassing. UOR management should legit be embarrassed

Really? Two empty live theaters in the park? This one being right next to the biggest draw in the entire park. I think we're missing something.

If that's true there's something core wrong in the management group there, whomever green lighted Fast and Furious in Orlando probably just needs to retire. (If that not being as big a draw as they wanted has anything to do with it)

Speculation is running hot and heavy tonight, I'd like more than one source from twitter that could have just echoed what people were talking about here.

Last edited:
Yea, no doubt. But at a time when the resort is, monetarily speaking, as strong as it's ever been and you're making budget cuts? How bad do you have to be at your job?

If it's actually closing for costs... what a joke. Can't do their numbers correctly so they put some people out of their jobs so they can still get their bonus when the time rolls around.

Their excuse is probably along the lines of "it's expensive and has terrible GSAT scores".. so the proper response would be to build/write a good show that guests like..

Hopefully it isn't going for costs. Maybe they have a new show up their sleeves?

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Clive
I'm all in favor of Sin(d)bad (seriously, I can't believe that 'd' is real!) going away, but if it's just sitting vacant for a year (or more) as the result of a cost-cutting measure, I won't be pleased. That's the sort of thing Disney does all too often.

By all means, replace it, but keep it open until you're ready to replace it.

Reactions: therock
I'd rather want them to just tear apart the theater, and just make a nice little park area that's temp than to have the theater remain vacant and barren for 1-2 years.

I don't buy that it'd just stay vacant for now, but that'd be extremely disappointing.

Reactions: belloq87