The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s probably Zelda or WaterWorld, but I’m leaning towards the later. It could be the 2020 addition, taking Jurassic Park’s place. Plus, I believe that the Bourne show has a similar timeline.

May be like Stitch or Superstar Limo. The scores for the park may actually go up without it. It does not score well, is what I’m saying. And it’s not much capacity either. 3 shows a day with like 500 people a show, just isn’t worth the hazard pay to set a guy on fire every day. I guess I can see where they’re coming from if it’s about costs or scores.

I just hope new things are on the horizon.

I’ll be the optimist and say maybe they are choosing to shut the show for budget cuts but only because the grand plan is to shut down lost content entirely very soon(January or February) for there next project. They see no point in continuing burning cash on an unpopular show when the whole land will soon be gone so close early save the cash and invest it for the future. They let Poseidon’s Fury to remain for crowds as it is still is semi relevant.

I’m being optimistic that they are planning something quite massive for announcements that will include additions to all IoA, USF, and VB as well as site B(new park) very soon. Hollywood should occur too.

Or...or they are playing with our emotions.

“Please let be FFL be next, Please let FFL be next” while tapping my feet wearing red heels.

Sorry, I know I'm ranting, but I just can't wrap my head around the budget cuts thing. Sindbad survived the Uni Dark Ages when the parks were falling apart. AFAIK it was never cut when people were not going to the parks. Now they're cutting it when people are?

I dunno...I just don't buy it.

This is where I am at now too. Something doesn't quite add up.

I know we're kind of joking about WaterWorld, but if you think about it from a certain way, it actually could be a decent fit for the land. The movie is about the characters literally looking for a lost continent.

Emphasize that a little more with a bit of extra dialogue, and boom. There have been worse thematic fits in theme park history.

Not expecting it to happen, but it's fun to think about a show of that quality and scope coming to IOA at some point.

I know we're kind of joking about WaterWorld, but if you think about it from a certain way, it actually could be a decent fit for the land. The movie is about the characters literally looking for a lost continent.

Emphasize that a little more with a bit of extra dialogue, and boom. There have been worse thematic fits in theme park history.

Not expecting it to happen, but it's fun to think about a show of that quality and scope coming to IOA at some point.

Wouldn't be too far fetched. All they'd have to do is change the color scheme of the show a bit and it would fit. LC can be a generic land like Singapore's Lost World.

WW has the highest GSAT scores out of any universal attraction.

Wouldn't be too far fetched. All they'd have to do is change the color scheme of the show a bit and it would fit. LC can be a generic land like Singapore's Lost World.

WW has the highest GSAT scores out of any universal attraction.
Well, change the color scheme - then dig a massive lake where it doesn't fit, expand the theater, move the service road behind the theater to fit the plane launch, triple the size of the break room, build a garage for the jet skis...

Completely ignore the thematic discrepancies, advertise a new show based on a loathed movie...

And cross fingers that lightning can strike twice.

Well, change the color scheme - then dig a massive lake where it doesn't fit, expand the theater, move the service road behind the theater to fit the plane launch, triple the size of the break room, build a garage for the jet skis...

Completely ignore the thematic discrepancies, advertise a new show based on a loathed movie...

And yet here we are, to where every other Universal resort (including possibly Beijing in the leaked art) having the show, with a very reputable and established group.

Reactions: Magic-Man and Jwhee

Obviously you'd have to tear the whole theater down. And Universal hasn't made "thematic discrepancies" before...? Lol.

Plus every other Universal property has it. We're talking about unpopular IP's.. meanwhile they're building a Jason Bourne attraction.

Just being optimistic. Most likely isn't happening but I'd love it.

Cost cutting with Sindbad and not Fear Factor? Color me skeptical.
giphy.gif

Also, will the show's last day be the 14th or 15th? Because I'm getting into Orlando just past IOA's closing time on the 14th, so that'd be hilarious if I missed the last show by literally hours.

Reactions: Moose84
There's a better theater for a better show across the park. The Sinbad plot just needs get leveled for an actual ride.

If we do get a ride/land, it’ll probably be Zelda (even though it should be in the new park). Makes too much sense.

@Disneyhead, didn’t you mention something about the Zelda plans over on the other forum? (WDWMagic) Are they already drawn up?

So a closure of Sin(d)bad and Poseidon possibly? Where are all the whiners concerned about IOA not having indoor attractions to get out of the heat, rain, wind, lightning etc,etc,etc?

I don’t know what you all are smoking, but we ain’t getting WaterWorld.

Even if they wanted to, there’s not enough support space behind the stage needed for that show. This stage butts right up against the train station queue.

You couldn't let us enjoy the fantasy for a few more minutes? :lol:

There's a better theater for a better show across the park.

I mean, they've shown absolutely no interest so far in wanting to truly capitalize on that space. I'd love for them to do it, though.