Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 410 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really hoping that Pokémon goes into KidZone, because that would make it a lot easier to close Mummy and MiB without major backlash. SNW would have done a better job, but they’ll take what they can get.

Let’s be honest, if Mummy and MiB were to open next year, they’d be regarded as okay rides. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing special. If you put the Mummy outside, than it’s a sub-par coaster. MiB is a underwhelming, outdated, horribly-maintenanced shooting dark-ride.

I’d rather see both Mummy and MiB go than Toon Lagoon. Personal preference.

That's...not what anyone is saying.

thanks for following me mario

F+F took how long?

You're conflating two different conversations dude. The conversation about Mummy was in the post Park 3 world, not imminent. Joe, who you initially quoted, was talking about how there's probably more coming soon, and we didn't know about the 2019 projects until late 2017.

No one is championing Mummy closing in the near term for a pre-park 3 project.

Right. I still would not be surprised if this JP coaster *ends up happening for 2020*. It's not *that* major of a project. They can get it built in a year if they really want to.
That's what I was thinking too, and if as Joe suggested JW might be in the new park, then they might as well put a "cheaper" thrill coaster in JP, after all, something is better than nothing.

Reactions: Magic-Man

Gyrosphere begs to differ. And, even though JPRA is great, it’s not the best water-ride currently at IOA. So they could probably do better the second time around.

Personally, I hope Jurassic Park at IOA stays around for a while. Put Jurassic World in FW, with a gyrosphere E Ticket, roller coaster (either a clone of Flying Dino or something else), a show, and possibly that Jeep-ride that we never got to see at IOA.

Reactions: Delta
I really don't get the hubbub about a gyrosphere ride either. It would be a ride, sure, but you couldn't have the biggest sell (interactivity) without it being screen-centric. And a screen-centric dino ride is just Kong with a different RV.

To me this is the same issue with people wanting a new Jaws ride. Like...we had the best possible Jaws ride. They're not going to rebuild it exactly as it was, so why bother clamoring for it? JPRA is likely the best representation of the JP franchise we'll ever get, so what's the point in knocking it down and moving JP to Park 3?

I dunno. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.