The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WaterWhat?
Oh, please, I'm sure they have another relevant IP... At least a dozen!

Hope the all the TMs have a job guarantee at UOR

Sinbad has arguably been the park's worst major attraction since its inception. No amount of retools have saved it. It's poorly scripted, awkward, and embarrassing for a park of this caliber.

Here's hoping it's a goner, with the actors reassigned.
Guess you never saw the short-lived cartoon circus show :D

Regarding Waterworld... because I'm a bit annoyed about it.

This is Waterworld in Hollywood overlaid on Sinbad. There may be, like, a 10 foot difference in scale, but this gives you a sense of how massive that show is, how big its backstage is, and how it wouldn't just be a simple "conversion." It would nearly eradicate what remains of the market place with a dystopian future-based show. So, not a bloody chance.

Ironically, though, it fits pretty well in the Studios... where it should go.

Last edited:
Not surprised by the news. Universal has been moving away from large theater-based shows for a while now. Almost all the entertainment has moved to street level, or fireworks/projection shows. Having a large theater sit vacant most of the day (except for 3-5 shows in mid-day) isn’t the most effective use of space for as little they have of it.

Personally, I didn’t mind Sindbad but Lost Continent has two shows that are at-odds with what people really want in a park (Sindbad has seating but no AC, Poseidon has AC but no seats). IOA still lacks the “sit down in AC and relax” experience of other Orlando parks... maybe a byproduct of the Xtreme 90’s, where everything was over the top and in your face.