The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This and the JP postponement are related.

There will probably be more cuts coming.
This legitimately makes no sense, unless the tariff situation is making constructing Park 3 so costly that it's needed.

Perhaps it's as someone pointed out on the Jurassic Expansion thread; to where the cost of acquiring Sky is going to affect development on some aspects of Universal Parks and Resorts for the time being?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Perhaps it's as someone pointed out on the Jurassic Expansion thread; to where the cost of acquiring Sky is going to affect development on some aspects of Universal Parks and Resorts for the time being?

AFAIK the "cuts" that have been mandated are because "F&F didn't do what we thought it would" and are not coming from Comcast, but internal UOR management. I thought the talk about it was ridiculous, but obviously it's not. I don't think the JP coaster has anything to do with them FWIW

I think it's UOR management way overreacting to one flat year.

AFAIK the "cuts" that have been mandated are because "F&F didn't do what we thought it would" and are not coming from Comcast, but internal UOR management. I thought the talk about it was ridiculous, but obviously it's not. I don't think the JP coaster has anything to do with them FWIW

I think it's UOR management way overreacting to one flat year.
It is internal.

One of the "theme" parks missed projections by a lot.

So, I'm hearing the same thing you are.

Simply incredible, really.

It's unfathomable, tbh.

How?! Volcano Bay seems to be packed almost all the time. And it's a water-park, they shouldn't expect IOA/USF-level attendance.

They probably way undershot the operating cost for a real water park.

EDIT: TapuTapu is also a weight on the place. When the park is packed, TapuTapu makes it seem like people can't do anything in the park without a 2 hour wait, which upsets people. Upset people don't spend money on food, drinks, and merch. They leave and demand a refund.

Parks don't make their money on admission. They make it on the stuff they sell inside.

EDIT: TapuTapu is also a weight on the place. When the park is packed, TapuTapu makes it seem like people can't do anything in the park without a 2 hour wait, which upsets people. Upset people don't spend money on food, drinks, and merch. They leave and demand a refund.

Parks don't make their money on admission. They make it on the stuff they sell inside.

I’m astounded it’s still there. Purely stunned.

To be fair, the Sindbad theater is practically empty on a daily basis, only clearing around 1600 guests a day. Even Fear Factor sees at least a few thousand guests a day.

They'd get a better bang for their buck if they developed a show with any quality.

I'm not debating that the show doesn't justify its high operating cost. I'm saying 1) they should've put a worthwhile show in that venue years ago and 2) one of the most successful theme park resorts in the world should not be making cuts to save management skins after they made boneheaded projections.