Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get the hubbub about a gyrosphere ride either. It would be a ride, sure, but you couldn't have the biggest sell (interactivity) without it being screen-centric. And a screen-centric dino ride is just Kong with a different RV.

Who said it has to be interactive to be a good ride? Forbidden Journey isn’t interactive. Spider-Man isn’t interactive. Gringotts isn’t interactive. As long as it’s a good ride, it doesn’t matter if it’s interactive or not.

To me this is the same issue with people wanting a new Jaws ride. Like...we had the best possible Jaws ride. They're not going to rebuild it exactly as it was, so why bother clamoring for it? JPRA is likely the best representation of the JP franchise we'll ever get, so what's the point in knocking it down and moving JP to Park 3?

I dunno. I don't get it.

JPRA is a great ride, but it’s nowhere near the best that JP can be.

Who said it has to be interactive to be a good ride? Forbidden Journey isn’t interactive. Spider-Man isn’t interactive. Gringotts isn’t interactive. As long as it’s a good ride, it doesn’t matter if it’s interactive or not.
True, but those RVs weren't presented in a film as interactive. The Gyrospheres were, and it's a big sell of those RVs.

Nevermind that they're not scalable.

True, but those RVs weren't presented in a film as interactive. The Gyrospheres were, and it's a big sell of those RVs.

Nevermind that they're not scalable.

I’d be fine if the gyrosphere ride was an advanced simulator similar to Falcon at SWGE. This park will have screen-based rides no matter what.

But, let’s say that they don’t build the gyrosphere ride in the new park. Why couldn’t they build that Jeep ride, or Flying Dino, or that Helicop-Tours concept, or a brand-new concept? There’s a lot of possibilities here.

Popeye you get too soaked so we usually don't even do it.

Dudley was awesome before the new restraints and I hate those people that soak you after the big drop.

Jurassic Park is such a classic with the archway, the music and the "Welcome to Jurassic Park" at the beginning. That drop is pretty fantastic too!!

Popeye you get too soaked so we usually don't even do it.

Dudley was awesome before the new restraints and I hate those people that soak you after the big drop.

Jurassic Park is such a classic with the archway, the music and the "Welcome to Jurassic Park" at the beginning. That drop is pretty fantastic too!!

I’m not saying that JPRA sucks, I’m really not. But it’s definitely not the greatest ride you can make based on JP.

I think JPRA needs some love and an upgrade here or there would do wonders for it but it’s practically a perfect ride.
Perfect? Hahahahaha... No. Nothing is perfect. In my opinion, it would have worked better as a land ride instead of a water ride.

I think this is a the grass is greener situation. If they went for the car ride, what would the thrill be?
Speed. The version we have doesn't do that with the exception of the drop. With a jeep, you could make things much faster and increase the tension.

Here's the thing: if Universal committed to an upgraded version of the old Jeep ride concept -- all practical, numerous giant AAs, elaborate landscaping and theme work -- there's a chance River Adventure could be topped.

However, I believe Universal would view such an attraction as too expensive to be worth it, and would likely attempt to do something more in the Spidey/Transformers/Gringotts style... which wouldn't be as good as what we have with River Adventure.

As such, I think JPRA is about the best attraction we could realistically hope to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.