Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

From Tom Bricker of Disney Tourist Blog, it seems that Phase 1 of MarvelDCA will be themed as an Californian Avengers Campus (similar to the campus featured in Ultron/CW/IW, but in California), as P1 would include one of the new attractions, a character experience, microbrewery, and more.

Rumor: Marvel Land California Campus w/ 3D Ride & Microbrewery - Disney Tourist Blog

To be blunt, this makes sense, as Marvel actually has a West Coast Avengers team that exists in the comics. If that's how they'll bridge it, then that's.. actually a smart call and gives people incentive to look into the comics and not just the film's.

Personally I feel like most of what they have planned for the new Marvel Land will be trash... Its hard to have faith in this after they just did the unnecessary retheme of Paradise Pier into Pixar... Nobody asked for that, nor wanted it...

Rather than trying to capitalize on the stupid movies which they will obviously do. The one movie that SHOULD have a ride presence in the park/new land is "Big Hero 6"... I want San Fransokyo! This has been such a missed opportunity for a California based Disney park.

Personally I feel like most of what they have planned for the new Marvel Land will be trash... Its hard to have faith in this after they just did the unnecessary retheme of Paradise Pier into Pixar... Nobody asked for that, nor wanted it...

Rather than trying to capitalize on the stupid movies which they will obviously do. The one movie that SHOULD have a ride presence in the park/new land is "Big Hero 6"... I want San Fransokyo! This has been such a missed opportunity for a California based Disney park.

Ummm, why wouldn't it be based on the movies? It would be a great, smart choice. And the Marvel franchise has grossed a hell of a lot more than Big Hero 6. I love the movie, but it's not land material at this point in time.

Ummm, why wouldn't it be based on the movies? It would be a great, smart choice. And the Marvel franchise has grossed a hell of a lot more than Big Hero 6. I love the movie, but it's not land material at this point in time.
It'd be better to use Big Hero 6 because it is highly underrated. This point in time? That'd be like saying "No Disney, don't build a cool new ride based on one of your classic animated films because it came out 100 years ago". :rolleyes: It doesn't need a full land like Cars Land (which was excessive for a franchise that only had 2 out of 3 good movies). But one really well done ride themed to Big Hero 6, which IS a Marvel property is a missed opportunity. Baymax has been hugely popular as a photo-op character. So yes, the movie does deserve a ride more than the current live-action marvel films.

Just because a franchise has made a lot of money, doesn't make it good or perfect. And Disney needs to chill with the films (same goes for Star Wars), the quality is hit or miss. The fact that the land is being done in phases is repulsive. All that translates as- "Hey lets jack up the ticket price TWICE, even though we just raised it even more due to Star Wars Land".

Disney has lost their way...

It'd be better to use Big Hero 6 because it is highly underrated. This point in time? That'd be like saying "No Disney, don't build a cool new ride based on one of your classic animated films because it came out 100 years ago". :rolleyes: It doesn't need a full land like Cars Land (which was excessive for a franchise that only had 2 out of 3 good movies). But one really well done ride themed to Big Hero 6, which IS a Marvel property is a missed opportunity. Baymax has been hugely popular as a photo-op character. So yes, the movie does deserve a ride more than the current live-action marvel films.

Just because a franchise has made a lot of money, doesn't make it good or perfect. And Disney needs to chill with the films (same goes for Star Wars), the quality is hit or miss. The fact that the land is being done in phases is repulsive. All that translates as- "Hey lets jack up the ticket price TWICE, even though we just raised it even more due to Star Wars Land".

Disney has lost their way...

So, you're saying that they shouldn't capitalize on the greatest movie franchise of all time, which has a huge fanbase and makes billions a year? That's like saying Universal shouldn't have capitalized on Harry Potter, and built another Seuss ride instead.

Just because you don't like the franchise doesn't mean that everyone doesn't like it.

They're doing it in phases because it takes longer to build one area than the other. It makes sense. And who said that they would jack the price up twice?

I just don't buy the 2020 timeline. That gives them very little time to build what one would hope would be a nice set of rides. Given the iconic characters and source material they are working from, there's no reason this shouldn't be amazing... but I have little confidence that it will be if it's going to be open in 2020.

Huh, maybe when they say "open", they mean it in the Pixar Pier sense. GotG: MB is already sitting there. Build a few things around it and maybe open the rides in phases?

I just don't buy the 2020 timeline. That gives them very little time to build what one would hope would be a nice set of rides. Given the iconic characters and source material they are working from, there's no reason this shouldn't be amazing... but I have little confidence that it will be if it's going to be open in 2020.

Huh, maybe when they say "open", they mean it in the Pixar Pier sense. GotG: MB is already sitting there. Build a few things around it and maybe open the rides in phases?

Correct, in the initial announcement Disney even alluded to the second phase with Spiderman and the Avengers (aka the rides) joining the land later. I really don't think this will open with any significant ride, apart from the pre-existing Mission Breakout.

I think the Eastern gateway screwed the pooch on everything opening in a coordinated 2020 fashion.

I want them to show us the land concept art for marvel land on September 4 at less something

I would assume, the earliest we will see any form of conceptual art for the land itself is most likely D23 in August of next year.

They don't need to do anything now for the DCA Marvel Project, as they should be full speed ahead in the marketing and material for GE's debut.

That is my belief, but I will be happy if they bring in something soon; in at-least mentioning what will go to the ITtBaB showbuilding.

Is there any chance that we'll get a Thor attraction sometime in the future? He's extremely popular now, thanks to Ragnarok, Infinity War, and the possible Thor 4 or maybe even Guardians 3.

I would assume the only definite attractions at this point, are something related to Spider-Man and Avengers, given the wording from them at D23.

That said, I am not going to be shocked if Black Panther gets snugged in to the plans in some capacity.

And now, Bugs Land has closed.

To that, I say..

DmNtEfuU8AAg0mI.jpg

Bring me what comes next for Marvel.