Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I gotta say, in terms of genre I feel like this year is extremely diverse in house content.
Stranger Things- Sci-Fi/ Pop Culture Phenomenon
Trick R Treat- Cult/ Modern Classic/ Anthology
The First Purge- Apocalyptic/Dystopian ( A reach, but I think it can be argued)
Poltergeist- Supernatural/ Horror Classic
Halloween 4- Slasher
HOB:C2- Postmodern Horror/ Jumpscare Horror
UCM- Heritage Horror

giphy.gif

And here’s where the horror night community collectively takes back all the bad things they said about this maze

Nope, doesn't look like it haha still on the dump train
I will stay optimistic for this portion, however I'm going into the rest very cynical, yet with an open mind.
Ofcourse, I will keep my final judgments for once I see it. It just better deliver...

I almost wish...
They didn't announce this ending. They probably had to safe face just to get people to go in. But this would've been a great surprise.

I will say, while I really don't care about Truth or Dare at all (unless, as I said before, they find a Tyler Posey look alike--then I'll be in that maze all night, haha), I'm at least curious how they'll pull off Unfriended (even though I don't have any real interested in the property, either good or bad).

And the ending of going through the Blumhouse credits is an interesting idea... but if I didn't know about it beforehand, I think I'd have absolutely no idea what would be going on, or trying to figure out what the heck the movie would be. :)

So, one event remains for the last bit of news.

It's exciting, as it feels more real as we slow down and get ready for the event. I can't wait for the reactions of Monsters, and that I am excited to see how these IP's come to life for HHN '18.

Let's just make sure to let the event run through it's course before talking about 2019, alright? ;)

I can't wait for the reactions of Monsters

Something tells me it's gonna be mixed still; definitely more positive comments than HoB 2 and The First Purge's announcements, but still mixed. I know most of the negative remarks are gonna fall in 3 categories:

1. "Classic Monsters aren't scary!"
2. "Why couldn't you get [insert highly demanded IP with hardest rights to obtain] instead?"
3. "Why bring back House of Horrors?"

Regardless I'm interested to see what the new looks of the monsters look like and how our musical guest's score will compliment the atmosphere.

Something tells me it's gonna be mixed still; definitely more positive comments than HoB 2 and The First Purge's announcements, but still mixed. I know most of the negative remarks are gonna fall in 3 categories:

1. "Classic Monsters aren't scary!"
2. "Why couldn't you get [insert highly demanded IP with hardest rights to obtain] instead?"
3. "Why bring back House of Horrors?"

Regardless I'm interested to see what the new looks of the monsters look like and how our musical guest's score will compliment the atmosphere.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the reaction from the GA is gonna make some people (us) sad.

That having been said, Murdy has been surprisingly candid about rights difficulties this year. It feels like he's more open about it than he was before, so I think he can explain it and get people excited for "Decrepit."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the reaction from the GA is gonna make some people (us) sad.

That having been said, Murdy has been surprisingly candid about rights difficulties this year. It feels like he's more open about it than he was before, so I think he can explain it and get people excited for "Decrepit."

It's honestly refreshing to have Murdy being honest about rights difficulties for once rather than dancing around the requests for the IPs or shooting them down for some random and insulting reason (too obscure, not scary enough) etc.

It's honestly refreshing to have Murdy being honest about rights difficulties for once rather than dancing around the requests for the IPs or shooting them down for some random and insulting reason (too obscure, not scary enough) etc.

Kinda makes me wonder what he really thinks about Twin Peaks...