Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

I’m glad UCM is gonna have a gauntlet, I was curious how they would’ve crammed all of the monsters and their environments in the PC area

We've only seen it done once. In an anthology maze. For the awful Blumhouse maze. With the overused Purge.
I'd say we still owe it a chance.
There could be a lot of great lead up to going into the castle with villagers warning you before the scares start happening. I'm actually REALLY excited for this segment.
If it fails this time and the next time they use it, then I'd understand that mentality.
Eh, I think it’s bad for pacing and I’m not really a fan of outdoor mazes.

Stopped by the park today very briefly... Surprise surprise, NOT much progress has been made... *sigh*

PARISIAN COURTYARD
mg9KMHg.jpg

^nothing really has visibly changed that can be seen from anywhere within the area. They need to announce the damn thing already.

METRO SETS
hMPQ7IK.jpg

^The framework has gone up for the backlot maze signs... Maybe they'll be stupid enough to hang the Blumhouse sign before its announced.

SgIUm7W.jpg

^The trees still have not found their home yet.

TERROR TRAM
TCzfAZa.jpg

gmxfNAt.jpg

x3Cswt1.jpg

xyhDbI7.jpg

^Hollywood Harry has commenced with the construction of his train wreck circus of underwhelmingness. Brought to you be Murdy's lack of effort to change things up in regards to design.

Since there really isn't much visible progress being made outside of the Terror Tram, unless you get a lucky tram that passes the backlot mazes (I did not... again), I'll probably just wait to do another update next week or something. We'll see though. There is literally 4 weeks until the event begins & we still have 3 mazes that need to be announced. Also scarezone construction SHOULD be commencing soon.

Additionally...
Justyn on Twitter
Justyn on Twitter

- Stranger Things has a exit and entrance cut into the soundstage. You can see one of them in the video.

- None of the Scare Zones have started at all. All of the Area of Holidayz in Hell is cleared out.

- Added vines to UCM facade, Halloween 4 still not painted.

- Trees are still outside of Horrors of Blumhouse 2. Didn't pass by the backlot mazes for the 2 times on the tram.

That's about it.