Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse

xLnydv0.gif

House walk through.
Kill scene. Wake-up scene in dorm.
Purge.
i more meant if there gonna do some original kills here. idk

With the (mostly) negative reaction the announcement for this house has received, I hope the actors cast here have a chip on their collective shoulder and make the best of their situation.

I think a cast of great actors can more easily make up for a poorly-designed house than a well-designed house can make up for a sub-par cast. I'm not necessarily saying this house will be poorly-designed, I'm exaggerating things a bit in order to make a point.

Even though this is at the bottom of my anticipation list this could actually be really good, especially if they make it as intense as last year’s. Really glad they’re doing 2 properties this time instead of 3 since HDD & TFP have too much content to get the same treatment as Sinister last year.

Curious to see how they do the Tunnel Kill & Frat Party Kill for HDD; the latter will be really cool to see with all of the neon lights

As a fan of last year's version, I can't complain all too much - but I am soooo over the Purge.
I have a feeling this year's is going to be very cast reliant again, however. The IPs are not all that appealing to me, especially, Purge for the 6th year in a row.

If I had my choice to pick my own Horror's of Blumhouse lineup, it would either be...

Supernatural Theme - Paranormal Activity, Ouija, and The Gift
Found Footage Theme - Paranormal Activity, The Visit and Creep

With the (mostly) negative reaction the announcement for this house has received, I hope the actors cast here have a chip on their collective shoulder and make the best of their situation.

I think a cast of great actors can more easily make up for a poorly-designed house than a well-designed house can make up for a sub-par cast. I'm not necessarily saying this house will be poorly-designed, I'm exaggerating things a bit in order to make a point.

Last year's house benefited from a great cast and great design work on a structural level. Lots of tight turns and short hallways, which you need to deliver scares to a conga line. Hated Purge as an IP, was agnostic on the other two (can't even remember what the third beside Insidious was) but still came away impressed with the house.

Also, my friends' high school-aged kids ate Blumhouse and Saw up--I'm ok with having houses primarily directed at different demographics.