Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

That's the frustrating irony. People gravitate to good rides, IPs be damn. That's always been the biggest key to Disney's success. The non-IP stuff, Haunted Mansion, (original) PotC, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, friggin PeopleMover, they succeed because they're good rides. They don't NEED the IP.
Exactly! :grin::grin::grin::cheers::rock:

People don't give a crap about different if it makes the park miserable for them.

Plus they can turn the TapuTapu off any time. Doesn't necessitate a closure.

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said, but Tapu Tapu is not the problem. The park hits capacity before noon. Typhoon lagoon or Blizzard beach would be a poop show at capacity before noon as well.

Not a single water park can hit capacity and be ok. The problem is the popularity, not the Tapu Tapu.

Now- I will concede that the Tapu Tapu can be a customer satisfaction issue. But that’s due to the unfamiliarity or ignorance (not a bad thing, just true) of the park goer. If they knew it was a virtual queue and what that actually means, it would improve satisfaction. And the longer it’s been out, that has improved as education increases.

But again, the chaos is due to crowding.

Edit: sorry @Brian G. - just saw your post. Feel free to move this wherever.

The most concise way I’ve had it explained to me is that management cut its teeth in the lean years, and continues to manage the resort like an independent Mom and Pop Park (which is basically was during the end of the Blackstone era) rather than the world class destination it’s become. Constantly afraid the floor is gonna drop out from under them. They’re too skittish to really do what needs to be done to push the resort to the next level.
One thing that's noticeable on the employee side as someone who has worked for both WDW and UOR - WDW practically hands out overtime. With UOR, you have to pry it from them and even then it's only a few hours.

Dunno what the lines would look like. Can’t tell without trying.

But it would give people a *choice* they lack now. People may not love waiting in line, but they hate being told they don’t even have the option more. TapuTapu takes away that choice.

I'm not so certain that I would like them to start messing with this stuff in IoA or UOR. The lines are usually manageable and the Express line doesn't impact things too much. I don't have a problem waiting in line as long as it moves.

I gotta step in and say it’s time to leave this thread to just Sindbad’s closure. This convo can continue, but in another thread.

Sorry. I responded on the previous page before seeing your comment. Sindbad = Must go. New awesome dark ride = Must stay. Make Poseidon's Fury a ride and not just a walkthrough. If Poseidon is going to be furious, I'd rather he show it by making my ride vehicle do stuff as opposed to just lecturing me.

I've gone to IOA for multiple days twice in two years with someone who never went previously. I never bothered bringing her to the show because it just didn't do anything for me. I hope everyone who worked there finds a new show or spot, but besides that I won't miss it.

If they take away that talking fountain though, I will riot.

I'm going to assume that the proximity of the theater to the Hogwarts Express and the new attraction had some (just a little) say in the closure. Whatever happens, I hope they add a bit more forest and spacing between whatever happens and WWoR.

I could see the closure being a part of a "phased closure" of LC in its entirety. Sinbad closes first with PF closing after Potter coaster opens.

I'm going to assume that the proximity of the theater to the Hogwarts Express and the new attraction had some (just a little) say in the closure. Whatever happens, I hope they add a bit more forest and spacing between whatever happens and WWoR.

I could see the closure being a part of a "phased closure" of LC in its entirety. Sinbad closes first with PF closing after Potter coaster opens.
Followed by demolition and the the beginning of Hyrule construction :dance:

But it would give people a *choice* they lack now.

I totally agree with this. I think human nature enjoys making a choice and then standing in line for it rather than making a choice and then checking a device every 15 minutes watching the time waffle.

...And ... I hope that all the actors and techs on this attraction find equal jobs and pay within the organisation.... see, I am on topic.

Been way behind on reading this site, I get so lost in threads...so much I want to add to, but anyway...

Not sure about my take (this site is my only source and really my conclusion comes from two posters in this thread).

What I read was(I do fill in my own thoughts between the lines) that Entertainment has a budget. I gather it is time to start employing performers for the T2 replacement, but, entertainment had unaccounted for expenses in the prep work of the T2 theater.

Sounds like someone decided to react to the overspend by shutting down a show that cost them more than they feel it is worth.

Guess that is my take on Sindbad (does anyone even know were the theater is if they do not read park maps?).

One thing that's noticeable on the employee side as someone who has worked for both WDW and UOR - WDW practically hands out overtime. With UOR, you have to pry it from them and even then it's only a few hours.

Is this current? I just find it interesting in that WDW set themselves up to have more data to predict/plan from but this makes it sound like they still can’t nail down planning/scheduling...I mean, this really peaks my interest.....yes, I can be a data geek.

Is this current? I just find it interesting in that WDW set themselves up to have more data to predict/plan from but this makes it sound like they still can’t nail down planning/scheduling...I mean, this really peaks my interest.....yes, I can be a data geek.
Universal 100%. I'm pretty sure it is for WDW based on what friends have told me, but if it isn't currently, it at least was how things were in 2015.

Universal 100%. I'm pretty sure it is for WDW based on what friends have told me, but if it isn't currently, it at least was how things were in 2015.

Thanks! Yeah, I was mainly interested in WDW as they seemed to spend a lot data insights (or at least the ability to have said data). Not that a willingness to offer OT means anything, but I would hope they no longer have those days where they suddenly add two hours to the operating hours as well as a better handle on days were they have rope ques up at transport because ‘it is supposed to be busy this time of year’

But I have not made it to WDW in around six years so I really have no clue what WDW is like these days.

Thanks again!

Thanks! Yeah, I was mainly interested in WDW as they seemed to spend a lot data insights (or at least the ability to have said data). Not that a willingness to offer OT means anything, but I would hope they no longer have those days where they suddenly add two hours to the operating hours as well as a better handle on days were they have rope ques up at transport because ‘it is supposed to be busy this time of year’

But I have not made it to WDW in around six years so I really have no clue what WDW is like these days.

Thanks again!
WDW normally doesn't extend hours anymore unless their numbers were wayyyyy off.

Even still, most WDW parks could probably stay open later and people would show up. That brings me to the after hours parties that have been happening mostly at MK but for APs and DVCers as well periodically.

Pretty much all of July (even July 4th week, exception of July 4th), the park closed at 10 PM. That's ludicrously early for the most attended park in Orlando on July 4th week. Hell, USF was staying open until 10 PM all of July and it pulls less than half of MK's attendance.