Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to think that it will be a thing where, at the end of the ride, you either did good enough to escape, or you sucked and crash and burn :lol:

I have to think that it will be a thing where, at the end of the ride, you either did good enough to escape, or you sucked and crash and burn :lol:

no way there is an "unhappy" ending. If anything you show up and the Falcons a beat up and smoking mess, and you are told this is going to cost $$$ to fix, we will take it out of your bounty cut.

In the end it will just be another score based ride. Which I'm not that excited about to be honest.

I mean if you were all the sudden given a space ship to fly, wouldn't you likely crash it immediately?

Reactions: Ryno27
no way there is an "unhappy" ending. If anything you show up and the Falcons a beat up and smoking mess, and you are told this is going to cost $$$ to fix, we will take it out of your bounty cut.

In the end it will just be another score based ride. Which I'm not that excited about to be honest.

I mean if you were all the sudden given a space ship to fly, wouldn't you likely crash it immediately?
On your first point, that's sort of what I am picturing.

About it being score based... I haven't heard anything to make me believe that this is true. At least from anyone I trust.

You guys are talking about this ride as if you've never seen a video game that lets you free roam in a room before a scripted event takes over your controls to move you on to the next scene.

I think it's very possible to find the balance between piloting the Falcon and just riding in the Falcon. Yes, I'd be pissed if I waited 4 hours and had some 6 year old kid who doesn't understand English nosedive us into a wall, but I'd also be pretty disappointed if my actions had about as much as an impact as they do on Mission Space.

You guys are talking about this ride as if you've never seen a video game that lets you free roam in a room before a scripted event takes over your controls to move you on to the next scene.

I think it's very possible to find the balance between piloting the Falcon and just riding in the Falcon. Yes, I'd be pissed if I waited 4 hours and had some 6 year old kid who doesn't understand English nosedive us into a wall, but I'd also be pretty disappointed if my actions had about as much as an impact as they do on Mission Space.

That’s why I’m comparing it to something like finding a secret path in Mario Kart.

Reactions: HPFred
That’s why I’m comparing it to something like finding a secret path in Mario Kart.
I think (ironically enough) that Mario Kart is a likely going to be a perfect comparison, minus the racing each other component.

- You’re trying to get from Point A to Point B on a main path, but there’s alternate routes to take from time to time.

- You’re dodging opponents and set pieces, and you can get beat up, but most likely can’t die.

- You *can* turn around and go the wrong way, but eventually the system will override you and turn itself back around.

- If you’re doing really badly, there’ll probably be a proverbial blue shell (engines unexpectedly get a boost), and vice versa for if you’re a hotshot from the start.

I think some people are thinking of it as more of a space Zelda, but in my head, it’s Mario Kart all the way.

I’m thinking, by the time it actually opens, the best we can hope for is a choose your adventure book style ride. We can select different routes, maybe fire blasters at enemies, but I doubt any actual ship steering will survive through to opening.

But I’m just keeping my expectations low so I’m not disappointed. Essentially, anything even remotely more interactive than Mission Space would be nice.

I'm not too hyped for the Falcon ride. Yes, it's going to be very cool to sit in the cockpit, but at the end of the day, it's just going to be a variation of Star Tours. A pretty traditional flight simulator experience, despite the ride system and potential interactivity.

I'm not saying that as a negative, necessarily, I'm just infinitely more excited by the land's other ride.

Reactions: Alicia
It's most likely going to be like Dragon's Lair. Hit right (or a certain combo) to move to one pre-scripted scene, hit left to go to possibility B.

screen-shot-2017-12-12-at-5-28-18-pm-1065480.png

julydragonslair0295.jpg

I think (ironically enough) that Mario Kart is a likely going to be a perfect comparison, minus the racing each other component.

- You’re trying to get from Point A to Point B on a main path, but there’s alternate routes to take from time to time.

- You’re dodging opponents and set pieces, and you can get beat up, but most likely can’t die.

- You *can* turn around and go the wrong way, but eventually the system will override you and turn itself back around.

- If you’re doing really badly, there’ll probably be a proverbial blue shell (engines unexpectedly get a boost), and vice versa for if you’re a hotshot from the start.

I think some people are thinking of it as more of a space Zelda, but in my head, it’s Mario Kart all the way.
Surprised no one has thought of comparing it to Star Fox.

Reactions: HPFred and Jones14
Where you can only go so far left or right before hitting an invisible barrier, yea, I thought about that.
Except in the 360 arenas! Then you can do a flippy turn around thing!

My hunch really is it’ll be predominantly shooting gallery, but there may be actions you can trigger that alters the route. The old video game “Revolution X” had it set up that way - the movement was tracked, but you could shoot signs to change your track.

Reactions: ProColor and Alicia
Truly the only option. Parents who wait 2 hours to have their kid crash the ride in the first 20 seconds (or worse, some neckbearded fanboi single rider who does it for the lolz) would raise hell. Re-rideability shouldn't even be a consideration for a ride that will be de facto FastPass-only. I can't fathom why that idea made it off the drawing board.

I said this MONTHS ago when everyone was frothing at the mouth to be able to FLY THE MILLENNIUM FALCON! It was never going to happen.

Just as you aren't going to be accosted by a gaggle of storm troopers or some bounty hunters because you are wanted by the First Order. Unless Disney has hundreds of them walking around, clogging up the land.

Maybe during very expensive, after hours events, which I
think Disney would be ultra stupid not to do, and then be a part of a hotel stay.

What good are “Galaxy credits” if you can’t use them to buy a blue milk anyway? The idea sounds cool on paper, but I don’t think people will care much at all if they have no actual value.