Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Splatoon has been selling really, really well in Japan and respectable elsewhere. But only way there would be an attraction is if he Japanese Park got it and they just decided to clone it instead of retheming

Ehh, I’d give it a better chance than that. It’s perfect for a MiB-style ride. But I don’t see it coming here, as it’d fit really well in IOA. Build Zelda, than build Splatoon later as a one-two punch scenario.

Reactions: HPFred
The 3DS is technically their “worst” selling handheld actually. It took about 6-7 years to reach the 80 million number that the GBA did in 3 before that console was replaced by the monstrous DS at 150 million.
That's a fair statement. It was introduced in the "You don't REALLY need to upgrade to the next thing Nintendo is putting out"-era. Totally looks like a success compared to the WiiU though.

Harry Potter hasn’t sold a movie ticket in 7 years.

I’m terms of current relevance, Deadpool > Harry Potter. Right guys?

This conversation is beyond ridiculous.

Pokemon has appeal for a theme park land. Period. Who gives a rat how many games it sold last week? Anything that has proven to be successful over 2 decades and banks over $100 mil a month stilll just on a single mobile game deserves some discussion.
No one will talk about Deadpool in 2036.

If theyre looking for a sure fire hit for merchandise how about pokemon versions of hatchimals?
hatchimalseggs.png

Harry Potter hasn’t sold a movie ticket in 7 years.

I’m terms of current relevance, Deadpool > Harry Potter. Right guys?

This conversation is beyond ridiculous.

Pokemon has appeal for a theme park land. Period. Who gives a rat how many games it sold last week? Anything that has proven to be successful over 2 decades and banks over $100 mil a month stilll just on a single mobile game deserves some discussion.
No one will talk about Deadpool in 2036.

I’m at a place called Burgertory but hell next door is cold because Andysol and I agree. ;)

Pokémon is huge. For 20 years.

Since we’re on the topic, how much would Metroid Prime 4 have to sell for it to get a ride? What about Splatoon?
as much as i love it, and think the franchise has done well for itself in the short time it's been around, outside of Nintendo themselves pushing for it to be a part of plans I don't think Splatoon is likely with how young it is as a series.

as much as i love it, and think the franchise has done well for itself in the short time it's been around, outside of Nintendo themselves pushing for it to be a part of plans I don't think Splatoon is likely with how young it is as a series.
Especially in Orlando where there’s more space to work with I do expect Nintendo to push for some kind of inclusion of smaller franchises. Does this mean big attractions/rides? No, but they will be somewhere in however small of a capacity. Even if it’s just a walk around character.

*remembers how @Alicia may of mentioned some form of Pikmen inclusion in one of the Play-Areas from when it was at Kidzone*

If they add one or two other IP's for Orlando exclusively, it'd be Splatoon and Kirby, with maybe something NDC related.
I expect a walk around Captain Falcon. I imagine he’d be pretty popular just because of Smash Bros.

Reactions: Awakening
In that case there should be no M&G’s because most of Nintendo’s characters barely have any personality or even talk.

I could just imagine meeting Link:

“Hi Link!!!”

“Cha, Hiyaaaa!!!!!!!”

Captain Falcon has not had anything, ANYTHING to call to his own. Smash, is not; nor should not, be the only reason to why something would be plausible.

The same goes for any possible thing coming; but he is a part of a franchise that has not seen ANY new title since F-Zero GX on the GameCube (and F-Zero Climax on the GBA in Japan).

Meanwhile, I'd argue that the Puff Ball, Kirby; would be better suited for quite a few reasons. He's easy to identify, the stories he's in can be very simple and family oriented, and it would be a chance to honor someone who's had a larger influence with Nintendo that has paved the way to a lot of the company's road.

Status
Not open for further replies.