Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 421 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d still prefer whatever Beijing is getting, but I see your guys’s points.

But why wouldn’t they just clone it, instead of going through the process of designing an entirely new coaster? Especially if it is an E-Ticket, which it looks like it might be. IOA gets a great ride, it’s themed well, it becomes a new park icon. Everybody wins.
Because the Beijing park needs to establish itself as a must visit destination theme park. Cloning the coasters would give people(like myself) less reason to visit the Beijing park. This is the same reason why USF isn’t getting SNW anymore. It’s all about marketing. IOA is an already established and respected park. Which is why it rarely gets new additions. Comcast would like to have a new coaster built for islands quickly before there 4th gate opens. Yes, it is nice to have new and nice things. But, business strategies and marketing play heavily into this.

Because the Beijing park needs to establish itself as a must visit destination theme park. Cloning the coasters would give people(like myself) less reason to visit the Beijing park. This is the same reason why USF isn’t getting SNW anymore. It’s all about marketing. IOA is an already established and respected park. Which is why it rarely gets new additions. Comcast would like to have a new coaster built for islands quickly before there 4th gate opens. Yes, it is nice to have new and nice things. But, business strategies and marketing play heavily into this.

I am going to say, IOA was not a established and respected park when it opened, as Universal screwed themselves over by the whims of confusing their own guests even before that park opened.

Furthermore, Beijing is getting different (even to the smallest detail) versions of already existing attractions from their already existing parks.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I like coasters in my theme parks. Big coasters. Fast coasters. Fling me coasters. I also like good theming.

A Disney level Frontierland with Steel Vengeance as backdrop would make me giddy. Steel coasters are more difficult to blend with the environment but it can be done. I love The Loch Ness Monster at BGW.

Personally, I think hiding all the coasters sucks the kinetic energy out of the theme park experience. And I really dislike the, "Well if you like coasters just go to six flags." attitude. Just because I'm not in the mood for Victoria and Albert's doesn't mean I want to go to White Castle.

How about not bare bones and not highly themed but more moderate. Sections of theming with thrills for coaster lovers. I am against straight bare bones coasters for theme parks in general considering I went to a “theme” park meaning I’m their for theme. With that said a good coaster can be great in its own right but why not some themed elements to it, and no not just a themed que but some in ride elements. A launch motorbike through a tunnel running alongside projection raptors, whisk through the tropical scenery(true coaster aspect) and end with the track having the indominus Rex standing over it and right before we crash into him the the mosasaurus pulls him into the Lagoon. I know this isn’t happening but something along these lines gives both sides something to look forward to. It also gives the park 1 true steel coaster, 1 true highly themed family coaster, and 1 moderately themed thrill coaster. This I’m down for.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I like coasters in my theme parks. Big coasters. Fast coasters. Fling me coasters. I also like good theming.

A Disney level Frontierland with Steel Vengeance as backdrop would make me giddy. Steel coasters are more difficult to blend with the environment but it can be done. I love The Loch Ness Monster at BGW.

Personally, I think hiding all the coasters sucks the kinetic energy out of the theme park experience. And I really dislike the, "Well if you like coasters just go to six flags." attitude. Just because I'm not in the mood for Victoria and Albert's doesn't mean I want to go to White Castle.

A lot of food analogies getting thrown about here today.

The more I think about it, the more I hope JW comes to the next park if IOA gets this new JP coaster.

Why? Because the coaster, taking up the land that it will, will essentially mean that JP is never going to get the kind of new attraction I'd like to see using the Jurassic franchise. But open up a whole new JW land elsewhere, complete with a dark ride experience of some sort, and everybody's happy. Coaster fans get your new thrill machine at IOA, dark ride fans hopefully get some new dino AAs over at Site B.

I'm not expecting that to happen, of course.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Exactly, coasters have a re-ride value that some dark rides do not...Also, Universal is not Disney, and therefore play by their own rules

Hmmmm. Could they clone Beijing’s JW land in its entirety for the new park? I’d be down with that.
I have no issue with JP and JW existing...As long as they are in different parks haha

It seems some posters are determined to have FB or JW in the new park even though there is no reason to. Leave those franchises at the original parks and build this park from scratch not just throwing the hottest IPs in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.