Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

*siiiiigh* It's all being addressed. No estimates on when all will be a-okay, but -- and I know people on the boards hate to hear this -- patience.

Well, if what you say is true, then I feel a lot better. And I apologize if these issues have been mentioned previously (I'm sure they have), but I haven't been on these boards in a while.

Pat I think you are getting hung up on this part. Would you rather universal waits until its 100% fully functioning or open it sooner and have a few problems?

Not to be rude or difficult, but I'd rather them wait until its 100% fully functional. The thing that you have to consider is that new rides always have problems, no matter what you do. So if you open the ride with prevalent issues, then consider the other issues that come with opening a new ride (unavoidable), you come up with some serious problems (like the ones they seem to be having). I'm not bashing the ride because I am sure that I will love it, but I do believe that Universal acted prematurely in opening it.

Not to be rude or difficult, but I'd rather them wait until its 100% fully functional. The thing that you have to consider is that new rides always have problems, no matter what you do. So if you open the ride with prevalent issues, then consider the other issues that come with opening a new ride (unavoidable), you come up with some serious problems (like the ones they seem to be having). I'm not bashing the ride because I am sure that I will love it, but I do believe that Universal acted prematurely in opening it.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but about the "thing that you have to consider" part: are you positive that Universal did not weigh the decision that JOLTnPEST mentioned? Just speaking for myself here, as always, but I think they made the decision that they felt would be best as a company and as a business. Someone somewhere has to look at the bottom line. It sucks to hear, but it's not an ideal world. All we can do is wait and hope that resolutions are made soundly and expediently.

Go experience the attraction and then ponder whether or not it should be open. As someone who has been on it multiple times, I'm glad it's accessible, even if it's not at full capacity yet. :cool:

I believe the question is if it should have been "officially" declared open. Given how soft the attendance numbers were this summer, I think Universal was trying to get ANY bump that advertising it as open would give. This has been an abysmal year, numbers-wise, for Universal. And they really need to do what ever they could to get people in the parks. And all in all I don't think it was a bad move. I have seen a lot more "yeahs" than "nays" regarding HRRR. Was it premature? Yes, obviously. Did it work? Yes, just look at the consistent 2hr long lines. And is Universal going to take hit for it in the long run? Only us fanbois that are keeping track will remember it after the dust settles.

I believe the question is if it should have been "officially" declared open. Given how soft the attendance numbers were this summer, I think Universal was trying to get ANY bump that advertising it as open would give. This has been an abysmal year, numbers-wise, for Universal. And they really need to do what ever they could to get people in the parks. And all in all I don't think it was a bad move. I have seen a lot more "yeahs" than "nays" regarding HRRR. Was it premature? Yes, obviously. Did it work? Yes, just look at the consistent 2hr long lines. And is Universal going to take hit for it in the long run? Only us fanbois that are keeping track will remember it after the dust settles.

But at this point aren't they only running four cars? Wasn't it meant to run 7 or something like that?

I can definitely see that there are several perspectives to consider here. If I was one of the number crunchers over at Universal, I would absolutely think that this ride needed to open ASAP. Then again, if I was one of those people that rode the ride and had a bad experience, I would probably take a look at things and say that Universal jumped the gun. The main thing that gets to me is the capacity issues, but I suppose the best way to work those out is to run the ride and give the ride ops some experience. And I'll admit, if I went for my HHN trip next month and didn't get to ride, I would certainly be disappointed considering that the ride was supposed to open in the spring. All in all, I guess I'll have to hold my tongue until I actually ride it.

Well let's hope it is fixed I remember Busch Gardens Williamsburg built this amazing Coaster called DrachenFire. Within a few years and a number of headaches it was closed and is now scrap metal some were.

I think Universal will get this resolved but if it keeps getting bad reviews and complaints it sure won't draw any new fans to the park. Maybe Harry Potter's Magic will fix it all.

The main thing that gets to me is the capacity issues, but I suppose the best way to work those out is to run the ride and give the ride ops some experience.

Exactly. And imagine if they were running the ride (with TMs as test-riders) for weeks on end to do so, but didn't allow guests to ride it too. There was a lot of animosity that built up when that was done just for less than a week! The feeling of "Hey, they're on it and having fun, why can't I ride it too?!" can be fairly volatile, whether people are typical park guests or annual passholders. :look:

Yeah my take on it is, now that I've at least experienced it once, I'm going to let them iron out the kinks and in the meantime take advantage of the fact that half the people in the park are in line for Rockit -- all the easier to just step onto the other rides with no wait.

We were at Universal a grand total of 3 hours Monday and rode Simpsons, Hulk, Spider-Man, and Dragons at a leisure pace. And 1 of those 3 hours were in line for Rockit. Not a bad time to experience the rest of the park :)

:-XWEEEeeeellllllll......I am glad I am not the only one who thought the ride was excruciatingly rough. I did not want to burst any bubbles earlier in these posts but BOY was it rough..thought maybe it was supposed to be that way..Not to worry tho' it is no deterrent as far as I'm concerned..going back again tomorrow and probably Sunday too!:boxing:

:-XWEEEeeeellllllll......I am glad I am not the only one who thought the ride was excruciatingly rough. I did not want to burst any bubbles earlier in these posts but BOY was it rough..thought maybe it was supposed to be that way..

You definitely got the rough one. The others feel great!

You definitely got the rough one. The others feel great!

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

So im going on saturday very excited the only part that I'm not looking forward to is that wait, but hey more Mummy for me...is there an express like open yet because I'm going to Hard Rock and will have that nifty pass...

Well let's hope it is fixed I remember Busch Gardens Williamsburg built this amazing Coaster called DrachenFire. Within a few years and a number of headaches it was closed and is now scrap metal some were.

I wouldn't call Drachen Fire amazing it was different yes. It was open for 7 seasons before it closed.