Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

Current state of the Toon Lagoon theater:

ED685A34-4DC4-4EC1-B98B-2BB5C4382892_zps0rkdqy0w.jpeg

Taken on September 2, 2018.

So I was at Universal for a week 2 weeks ago, and Dudley Do Right is in such rough shape. Animatronics not working, looks like it hasn’t been painted in years. Apparently this goes down for refurb in the winter but what to they do? It honestly looks like it hasn’t been painted in 10 plus years.

So I was at Universal for a week 2 weeks ago, and Dudley Do Right is in such rough shape. Animatronics not working, looks like it hasn’t been painted in years. Apparently this goes down for refurb in the winter but what to they do? It honestly looks like it hasn’t been painted in 10 plus years.
I’m pretty sure they mostly do maintenance on everything that directly touches water. Rushing water 24/7 will cause some wear + tear pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I 'm telling you, those in the know say it gets used 7-14 days a year. Maybe......Pretty unsubstantiated as I have never seen it open.