Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

Said my goodbye yesterday, and while it was bittersweet, it was a great experience.

Later in the afternoon on our way to our third ride through, I stopped to thank a few employees I remembered from years earlier, and they placed us in express.

After that final ride, the same employee who put us in express then invited us into the control room, and we spent the next half hour with the team in there discussing the ride operations and their favorite memories of working there.

To say it was incredible is an understatement. It was my second time being in the control room in my life and it was a pleasure to be able to talk to them.

The lead on duty had been on staff at that ride for 11 years. He said that most of the staff is being split between Forbidden Journey and Transformers, with a few scattered to Mummy or Transportation. He also mentioned that when the new ride opens next year in the summer - if they stay on track - the staff will have to reapply internally to work it. The posting will be open to all ride ops, not just Jurassic Park ride ops.

As you probably already knew, from what the staff was told, they aren't expecting much to be changed other than the setup of the scenes, and a few of the animatronic frames are apparently going to remain, but reskinned and hopefully in better condition than now. They expect the uniform to change too, and rumor is it'll be closer to the newer outfits from other parks.

I'll post my thoughts about seeing other parts of the park for the first time in their appropriate threads, but suffice to say that this is a much different park than the one I left behind four years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20180902_101218_241.jpg
    IMG_20180902_101218_241.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Seems like Jurassic Cafe's second floor is closing early tonight; probably I would imagine to move extended queue space so they can get as many people in.

And as of now, it is staying strong at 130 minutes.

I left just past 8:15pm last night and the wait time was at 50 minutes. It had been bouncing between 1 to 2.5 hours most of the day. I can only imagine how long it will get at the very end of the night with everyone vying for the very last raft.

yeah, the lowest it was today so-far, was 50 minutes at opening.

As it stands, it has seemed to of balanced at 130 to 100 minutes.

EDIT: It is now at 150 minutes.

Last edited: