Lower Lot Redesign | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
seems like you are referring to Jersey Rails, which help try to help separate lanes of traffic.

This would actually make sense, as activity is about to start kicking as soon as possible for the Lower Lot; considering Jurassic World. That said, this probably has a double-meaning, one that's for long-term management.

EDIT: Come to think of it, they may already be there. From IU,

DmMMxFXVsAAE9jS.jpg:large

Reactions: Magic-Man
From Ryan ThemePark,

seems like you are referring to Jersey Rails, which help try to help separate lanes of traffic.

This would actually make sense, as activity is about to start kicking as soon as possible for the Lower Lot; considering Jurassic World. That said, this probably has a double-meaning, one that's for long-term management.

EDIT: Come to think of it, they may already be there. From IU,

DmMMxFXVsAAE9jS.jpg:large
Yes, Jersey Barriers is a better term and according to the tweet I would argue that they are not there yet as you can see the plastic ones onsite already. The orange line that's marked "K rail" is where the new semi permanent one will be installed.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yes, Jersey Barriers is a better term and according to the tweet I would argue that they are not there yet as you can see the plastic ones onsite already. The orange line that's marked "K rail" is where the new semi permanent one will be installed.

Then that is fair. That said, it does seem as if the trailers are now on-site, given one of those pictures from RyanTheme Park proving that.

DmCNs51V4AA4wb0.jpg

upload_2018-9-3_18-21-19.png

So would this be considered more or less the staging site for Jurassic Park the Ride construction and future development once that wraps up?

So would this be considered more or less the staging site for Jurassic Park the Ride construction and future development once that wraps up?

Without going to specifics, I wouldn't be necessarily surprised if your right. Also in a fun thing, it looks like that they aren't going to do any changes now to the portion of main street that was used by the Studio Tour in the past (that was next to 22-25 before the tear down); as it is showing it's age now. More than ever, at-least.

It’s so weird to think that the entire park will get five/six new attractions in three years. It would be an amazing growth spurt.... until you realize that Orlando is getting quadruple+ that number in four years. USH really needs a second park.

It’s so weird to think that the entire park will get five/six new attractions in three years. It would be an amazing growth spurt.... until you realize that Orlando is getting quadruple+ that number in four years. USH really needs a second park.

I am agreeing with @Chris, in that they are probably waiting until they get to 10 Million to pull a trigger for resort expansion (which, they should be doing that now). Hollywood is getting close to that, but I would imagine Nintendo will be the push to get them there.

I am agreeing with @Chris, in that they are probably waiting until they get to 10 Million to pull a trigger for resort expansion (which, they should be doing that now). Hollywood is getting close to that, but I would imagine Nintendo will be the push to get them there.

I’m really curious to see what will anchor that second park. Of course, you have Diagon, but what else? Pokémon and Zelda? Berk?

I'm certain we'll hit 10m long before Nintendo opens. They really need to start future-proofing this property NOW.

I'm certain we'll hit 10m long before Nintendo opens. They really need to start future-proofing this property NOW.

I would completely agree that they need to future-proof now, especially as I would imagine even after SNW; they can't stop with USH, given how they will need the park and Citywalk area to be ready for the crowds coming in for 2028.

I really hope we get something soon in this regard; as it would be great to get more of a proper understanding to how they'll handle growth from here on out.

I honestly think that it's time they take a look at an additional route down to the Lower Lot. On busy days the route through Springfield is already stupidly crowded. Add on another million guests a year and it will only get worse. I wonder if they have ever planned for this?

Yes they need more attractions to soak up crowds and add capacity, but they also need increased space for the amount of guests they receive.

Reactions: Chris
I honestly think that it's time they take a look at an additional route down to the Lower Lot. On busy days the route through Springfield is already stupidly crowded. Add on another million guests a year and it will only get worse. I wonder if they have ever planned for this?

Yes they need more attractions to soak up crowds and add capacity, but they also need increased space for the amount of guests they receive.

If Diagon and SNW are both going down there (which I think that they will), there definitely needs to be a second walkway. The current one is a disaster waiting to happen.

If Diagon and SNW are both going down there (which I think that they will), there definitely needs to be a second walkway. The current one is a disaster waiting to happen.
I don’t believe Diagon will come to the lower lot. SNW for sure, but instead of diagon I think we will get a Jurassic world expansion and the studio tour loading moved down to the lower lot freeing up expansion space for the upper lot.

I also hold out hope for a Star Trek indoor rollercoaster to be built next to transformers making a scifi city type area. It can be highly themed with projection mapping having us traveling through the universe with battles and yeah. Think a space mountain with next gen technology. Oh that would be cool but only a hope.

JW expansion would be interesting. Would love a Gyrosphere ride!

I agree that Diagon is unlikely for the LL, but there is easily space for another 2 'lands' as well as SNW and JW, question is...what? Dreamworks is a possibility, as is Fantastic Beasts or classic Monsters of some kind.

I don’t see the gyrosphere ride being built here, or any JW expansion at all. It’d be extremely weird, and JW as a series will be over by the time that it could open (2023 or later)

What would be weird about it? Additions to an incredibly popular IP with a timeless theme in dinosaurs sounds logical to me.

@LintemuthStudios no offense but you think expanding a Jurassic world area in 2023(I think it may be sooner) would be weird yet you are obsessed with a Jurassic world land coming to a new park in Orlando in 2022-2023. Yet this new Jurassic world land would be but a few miles from a Jurassic Park land and this does seem logical. That sounds absolutely backwards to me.

Reactions: alias8703
while I wouldn't mind more Jurassic, I don't think it'd be a good idea, more due to that I'd rather want to see diversity in what's offered down there.

Also..Hollywood, as stated by others: Does NOT have the privilege of space. And it'd be a possibly bad idea to use the space for something that may not have residence in the future.

What would be weird about it? Additions to an incredibly popular IP with a timeless theme in dinosaurs sounds logical to me.

@LintemuthStudios no offense but you think expanding a Jurassic world area in 2023(I think it may be sooner) would be weird yet you are obsessed with a Jurassic world land coming to a new park in Orlando in 2022-2023. Yet this new Jurassic world land would be but a few miles from a Jurassic Park land and this does seem logical. That sounds absolutely backwards to me.

Because that’s a whole new land. This is already going to be Jurassic World. And I don’t think it’s weird because of the movie, I think it’s weird because of the layout of the lower lot. The gyrosphere would go where Mummy is now, most likely. But you’d have to have the entrance to SNW and Transformers in the middle of JW, which is really weird.

while I wouldn't mind more Jurassic, I don't think it'd be a good idea, more due to that I'd rather want to see diversity in what's offered down there.

Also..Hollywood, as stated by others: Does NOT have the privilege of space. And it'd be a possibly bad idea to use the space for something that may not have residence in the future.
I can see some of that but with SNW, JURASSIC World, Studio Tour and an addition with Transformers the lower lot would be incredible and well fleshed out with 3 distinct and immersive lands.

Hollywood would have:
Upper lot-Entrance, Hogsmead(with expansion space in Studio tour), waterworld, Springfield, Dreamworks and Illumination

Lower lot-JW, SNW, Sci-Fi City(?) and the Studio Tour.

Entrance then 8 distinct lands+Waterworld+the studio tour(combines the thrill of several attractions w/show elements and an actual behind the scenes tour) sorry but to me this would be the greatest theme park in the world I’d argue and I would say it would be the highest attended US park of Universals(it is already closing in even with its restrictions) even with the additions being made in Orlando.