Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Stranger Things

As someone who has not seen the show, I think I am actually a little more excited after those photos, because boy does it look pretty despite me having no clue about these locations.

EDIT addition: Already seeing some easter eggs. The photo with the Christmas Lights has a small version of the AWIL poster on the shelves.
???

That's the set that sticks out to me as well. It looks so damn realistic.

Eleven-ends-up-back-in-Hawkins-Middle-School-1098268.jpg
6_First-Look-Inside-Stranger-Things-maze-at-HHN-2018.jpg

After all the back and forth with Netflix and how they wanted the show and characters (mostly the kids) portrayed, it's come together. As a house/set it is one of the best I have ever seen at HHN, the detail is amazing. However it is not the scariest, nor would I call it "scary" compared to the other houses. This is a great "experience" for fans and nonfans alike.

After watching the Tracker’s walkthrough, I definitely wish I could have went through multiple times opening night (my only night I was able to go). That line was just too long.

SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE HOUSE BELOW

This house blew my expectations out of the water, it is so great!

- The structure of the house is exquisite, with the opening scene mirroring the opening scene of the series, and then a couple of scares leading up to an empty black room, the theme song plays and the red letters come together to introduce you to "Stranger Things." So cool.
- The lookalikes are the most accurate I've ever seen. The Will, Toothless, Lucas, and Joyce actors were spot on, and the ones that didn't look exactly like the characters were aided by the house's generally dark environment.
- The Demogorgon is scary as hell! I don't know what people are talking about when they say this is a calmer house, that thing was everywhere! There was also an extremely intense strobe scene in the living room, and a great animatronic scene on the debate of whether I should stay or go in the Byers' bedroom. Both animatronic and actor representation helped the creature feel very real, and looked crazily detailed.
- The hazmat scene's costumes and acting was insanely accurate, down to the lighting and condensation on the glass of their helmets.
- Both of the setpieces are absolutely beautiful and grand, but the classroom scene stands out as one of the most accurate and breathtaking scenes I've ever seen at this event. Absolutely stunning.

I look forward to future runs but I worry that it'll be very difficult to get reasonable times on this, I'm gonna be attempting Finnegan's S&S in the future.

Remember, guys.... there is a review thread.

Would you rather I hold off on specific reviews and just clump them all into a big post in the review thread? If so, feel free to delete this post and the review post, and I'll just post the full review later in the week.

Would you rather I hold off on specific reviews and just clump them all into a big post in the review thread? If so, feel free to delete this post and the review post, and I'll just post the full review later in the week.

not everyone reads the review thread. I specifically remember some years past someone got really mad that people were skipping their review. (Someone had written a detailed review and everyone ignored it or something) and it was hard to reply to specific parts or someone's review since the reviews are so long. sometimes there are just specific things to reply to but some people dont want to bother to quote the whole thing, the review thread is not read by everybody either.