Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 344 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I apologize if this has been brought up, but with the photos from the setup surfacing, do we think that the normal "steel wait time signs" are going away since there are more elaborate entrance signs for each maze?

Like these:
DmvlJwmW0AA3jfp.jpg:large

DmvlJw4XoAUCDbP.jpg:large

I apologize if this has been brought up, but with the photos from the setup surfacing, do we think that the normal "steel wait time signs" are going away since there are more elaborate entrance signs for each maze?

Like these:

Dude, that's for the construction thread.

Like these:

I have to say, compared to the house banners from last year, these look really amazing. i really loved the detail on them and all the little things they added. it looks really cool. this is a hundred times more nice than the ones last year.

I love how each movie has their own little elements

Poltergeist, Stranger, and Carnival are stand outs. The streets are decent but Vamp will be a bottle neck with so many people wanting to pose and take photos. Everything is wrapped up for the most part and ready for Wednesday.

No word on Villians.
Design stand-outs.

I figured this would be the case design wise. I feel like Carnival is a new concept for them that the team really feel in love with and wanted to challenge themselves to create a "new" type of house. Polter is a white whale for them so I knew at least visually they would go to great lengths to make it as close to the film as possible. Stranger is a weird IP. No IP in the past has ever had THIS big of marketing/merchandise push that Stranger has (except made TWD but it didn't have nearly as much merch). They will never tell us the budget or how they got the rights, but I almost feel like Netflix gave them Stranger for free and provided access to as much of the source audio, actors, etc that they could. I bet they are getting a share of the merch profits but really they are saving themselves a TON of money on their own marketing. Having the Stranger Things name (and the Netflix name) in TV ads, billboards, sitting inside grocery stores, etc is a huge marketing push for Netflix that cost Netflix nothing. I've said it before, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they have a Netflix employee at the exit of the house passing out free trials to the service

I figured this would be the case design wise. I feel like Carnival is a new concept for them that the team really feel in love with and wanted to challenge themselves to create a "new" type of house. Polter is a white whale for them so I knew at least visually they would go to great lengths to make it as close to the film as possible. Stranger is a weird IP. No IP in the past has ever had THIS big of marketing/merchandise push that Stranger has (except made TWD but it didn't have nearly as much merch). They will never tell us the budget or how they got the rights, but I almost feel like Netflix gave them Stranger for free and provided access to as much of the source audio, actors, etc that they could. I bet they are getting a share of the merch profits but really they are saving themselves a TON of money on their own marketing. Having the Stranger Things name (and the Netflix name) in TV ads, billboards, sitting inside grocery stores, etc is a huge marketing push for Netflix that cost Netflix nothing. I've said it before, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they have a Netflix employee at the exit of the house passing out free trials to the service

I wonder if the cast of STranger Things will go to the Hollywood one and then if they will film it like they did with the cast of walking dead

Because that would also be huge and would be extra promotion, specially if the kids go visit the house and get really scared. because a funny video like that will get shared millions of times

Reactions: JMalez
I wonder if the cast of STranger Things will go to the Hollywood one and then if they will film it like they did with the cast of walking dead

Because that would also be huge and would be extra promotion, specially if the kids go visit the house and get really scared. because a funny video like that will get shared millions of times
Millie might go to USO, I think she lives down here

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The scare zones are average at best. For all the good that is Chucky, Killer Klowns, and Carnie Chainsaws the blandness of Harvest and Traditions bring it down. During exec review we moved a character from Traditions to Harvest and it wasn't out of place; not enough difference between them. Only having the IP House displays without any of the characters from those IPs is limiting.

Vamp, again, is more "this is fun" than it is scary. "Oh look! Michael Jackson, Boy George, Madonna." And for better or for worse, the cast in that street currently have very "active social media" presence.

Poltergeist is simply just a knockout and that one house alone will make this event for so many.

The scare zones are average at best. For all the good that is Chucky, Killer Klowns, and Carnie Chainsaws the blandness of Harvest and Traditions bring it down. During exec review we moved a character from Traditions to Harvest and it wasn't out of place; not enough difference between them. Only having the IP House displays without any of the characters from those IPs is limiting.

Vamp, again, is more "this is fun" than it is scary. "Oh look! Michael Jackson, Boy George, Madonna." And for better or for worse, the cast in that street currently have very "active social media" presence.

Poltergeist is simply just a knockout and that one house alone will make this event for so many.

At least they did KKFOS & Vamp 85 right, those two seem to be a few of the most hyped zones ever.

I’m genuinely shocked Poltergeist is that big of a standout, I knew it’d be a good house but I was just expecting it to be pretty and creepy like Hive was. Would’ve expected SoX or TrT to be more of a standout

What happened to the “horror of the 80’s theme”???? Why aren’t the signs on the front arch themed to that? They could’ve have the posters be like VHS slip covers. What is this pumpkin thing that seems to be the symbol of the event this year? It seems besides a couple of the ip’s, a couple scarezones, and part of the website, you wouldn’t know the 80’s is the theme this year. I really hope there’s good 80’s music blasting through the park. That would put that exclamation point on the theme this year desperately needs!