Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

I am glad they chose Tigris for the name. I wanted a one word name, instead of the two name streak they have been on.

As for RMC Gwazi, they also mentioned the word "Mountain" which I don't think has been pointed out on this site so far. So the key words from the announcement was Rocky, Mountain, Hybrid, Revamp. I'm so excited!

I kinda preferred Uproar, tbh. It sounds a lot cooler.

Fun fact: when I originally learned about RMC, I imagined them turning Gwazi into a hybrid called Gwazi Uproar. Ahhh, those were the days...

Uproar would be an awesome name for RMC Gwazi but they already have Kumba and that means roar as well tbh. They cant use the twisted tigers name as well since they have a ride named with tigers in it. I want RMC Gwazi to have the name Gwazi in it to pay respect to the ride and its a very cool name in my opinion! The big cats are for sure invading BGT in the coming years!

They added on a bunch of extra wood to make Mean Streak taller. Who’s to say that they can’t do the same here?
Oh hell yes they will. The coasters on it are 100 feet tall now and the lift can be way stepper, I think they can go 150 feet on this easily. Just please have a barrel roll drop, after the lift that's all I ask. Its possibly for it.

The barrel roll drop is overated IMO...well in comparison to Steel Vengeance's 200 foot 90 degree drop anyway. It was ok on Storm Chaser, but was the least memorable part of the ride (which is great overall btw) for me. If it has it I'm cool, but would rather have a traditional drop for the floater air.

Oh hell yes they will. The coasters on it are 100 feet tall now and the lift can be way stepper, I think they can go 150 feet on this easily. Just please have a barrel roll drop, after the lift that's all I ask. Its possibly for it.

The barrel roll drop is overated IMO...well in comparison to Steel Vengeance's 200 foot 90 degree drop anyway. It was ok on Storm Chaser, but was the least memorable part of the ride (which is great overall btw) for me. If it has it I'm cool, but would rather have a traditional drop for the floater air.

Why not both? If they turn it into a mobius loop coaster the first one could be a nice steep straight drop and the second one could be a barrel roll drop. 2 flavors in one!

Last edited:
I kinda have a feeling that this will remain as two different coasters.

Also, this will be the park’s tenth coaster (Kumba, Montu, Scorpion, Sand Serpent, Grover, Cobra’s Curse, Sheikra, Cheetah Hunt, Tigris, now RMC Gwazi).

Last edited:
Im excited they'll finally get to double digit coasters for their collection. No better way to hit it I guess! Flat rides after RMC Gwazi though.

So, seeing as Busch Gardens is evidently willing to resurrect old attractions, I'm going to get completely carried away and submit my wish list of future attractions for this park, all in a similar vein to an RMC Gwazi:

1) Bring back Rhino Rally with a Kong 360 style ending to replace the water section. I don't know how much a dome theater with motion platform would cost, but considering nearly everything else is already built I image the cost wouldn't be far from their typical budget.

2) Put a clone of Battle for Eire in the Akbar's Adventure Tours ride building, and give it an Egyptian theme. This would be an easy way to finally have an indoor ride again, and it should still leave space for Howl O Scream houses.

3) Enclose Sand Serpent and turn it into a dark ride, because there was a rumor that it would happen and so now I want to see it happen, lol.

4) Revamp and maybe partially enclose Stanley Falls flume. The whole ride really shows its age, more than anything else in the park, and without any semblance of a theme it's just not up to par with SeaWorld Parks standards. Also, the entrance and queue building are about as unceremonious as possible, resembling a picnic shelter at a park. I think they ought to build a whole new queue structure with a distinctive entrance and signage-- right now most guests probably don't even notice that there is a sign, and instead just go "oh look, I guess that's the line for that generic water ride over there." Then, they should add theming elements to the ride. How about all those props from Tidal Wave? Just something to replace the 70's State Fair look it's got now. You know it's bad when Cedar Point has better theming.

So, seeing as Busch Gardens is evidently willing to resurrect old attractions, I'm going to get completely carried away and submit my wish list of future attractions for this park, all in a similar vein to an RMC Gwazi:

1) Bring back Rhino Rally with a Kong 360 style ending to replace the water section. I don't know how much a dome theater with motion platform would cost, but considering nearly everything else is already built I image the cost wouldn't be far from their typical budget.

2) Put a clone of Battle for Eire in the Akbar's Adventure Tours ride building, and give it an Egyptian theme. This would be an easy way to finally have an indoor ride again, and it should still leave space for Howl O Scream houses.

3) Enclose Sand Serpent and turn it into a dark ride, because there was a rumor that it would happen and so now I want to see it happen, lol.

4) Revamp and maybe partially enclose Stanley Falls flume. The whole ride really shows its age, more than anything else in the park, and without any semblance of a theme it's just not up to par with SeaWorld Parks standards. Also, the entrance and queue building are about as unceremonious as possible, resembling a picnic shelter at a park. I think they ought to build a whole new queue structure with a distinctive entrance and signage-- right now most guests probably don't even notice that there is a sign, and instead just go "oh look, I guess that's the line for that generic water ride over there." Then, they should add theming elements to the ride. How about all those props from Tidal Wave? Just something to replace the 70's State Fair look it's got now. You know it's bad when Cedar Point has better theming.

Yea ik Stanley fall doesnt look the best anymore but they still take great care of it and they are just preserving its majesitc of being one of the original rides BGT has ever got. The layout is decent but they could redo it and make it longer with some theming. That queue does need some work but their is not much room to do much and the lines get long for this ride so they just have to leave it how it is. You should've added a giga coaster as well, since BGW may get one oneday.