CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So would y’all rather have an out dated theater but A List?
Absolutely am in favor and excited for this upgrade. It's sorely needed. Was just mentioning that the only downside is that it sucks losing a nice program like A-List, but i'll absolutely take it for an overall upgraded experience.

Reactions: natespf
Pretty much the only reason I go to the theater is RHPS. So I guess if this means the end of that I’ll likely never even see the inside of the new theater.

They keep changing the owner name on this building, but will it actually bring in new business. When it went from Loews to AMC I don't think it did much for ticket sales. Hopefully the new recliners and footrests do the trick!

The transformation of our theatre will begin in September and take several months to complete. New, reclining, Cinemark Luxury Loungers with extendable footrests, cup holders and plush seating will be installed in all 20 auditoriums so you can kick up your feet and enjoy the utmost comfort while watching your favorite films.

I have two cinemas next to me, one has recently upgraded to this set up and it’s by far worth the small extra. I won’t go near the other now.

Reactions: Alicia
I suppose this means we lose the IMAX theatre as well. Not that it's a great IMAX, but the company is rolling out nice new projectors for its small-screen cineplex theatres. And until Regal at Pointe Orlando upgrades their projector, I'm never giving them money again.
Basically Cinemark's big digital theater is the same as LieMAX. They just dont get the films re-formatted for IMAX (And that leads into a whole OAR argument I'm not getting into here)

The front of the theater at Artegon was always designed so it could be detached and become a stand-alone theater just in case it was ever converted into one of those now-popular open-air malls (with Florida weather I've never understood the preference for that)

Reactions: natespf
Basically Cinemark's big digital theater is the same as LieMAX. They just dont get the films re-formatted for IMAX (And that leads into a whole OAR argument I'm not getting into here)
I've been to the XD theater at Artegon, and its definitely my least favorite of the "big screen" IMAX alternatives. Sound doesn't compare to IMAX or Dolby, or even RPX. I rarely viewed movies at CityWalk, but sometimes other theaters were sold out and it was a nice backup.

Pretty much the only reason I go to the theater is RHPS. So I guess if this means the end of that I’ll likely never even see the inside of the new theater.

Ugh.. that damn RPHS in CityWalk. Stripped me down to my underwear in front of a packed theater. NEVER raise your hand when they ask who is a first-timer. NEVER.

With all the rumors of a Nintendo Store in CityWalk Hollywood I wonder if Emeril's might be the location for our version. Is it big enough and do we have any idea of what is going there yet?

Reactions: tankart150
With all the rumors of a Nintendo Store in CityWalk Hollywood I wonder if Emeril's might be the location for our version. Is it big enough and do we have any idea of what is going there yet?

Nah. Emeril's is staying as a restaurant.

That being said, you don't need a large store for the Nintendo store. The New York one isn't all that big.

If they gutted it and removed all second level areas it maybe could work for a Nintendo store...

No hard info yet for the replacement, just a trademark for the name "BigFire Grill" that may or not be related.

If they gutted it and removed all second level areas it maybe could work for a Nintendo store...

No hard info yet for the replacement, just a trademark for the name "BigFire Grill" that may or not be related.

Y’all the NYC Nintendo Store is two levels....

I bet it goes into the CityWalk near the new park.

Reactions: Alicia
They should turn the Island Clothing Store into a Nintendo store. Then since we all use it as a shortcut anyway they could theme the entrances to look like warp pipes.:lol: