Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Hmmm I wonder where it goes. I hope it isn’t in the lake, but it would make sense. Station goes behind Shamu Stadium and it goes over the water on the Mako side of the lake.
Agreed. Another concern is the nighttime show, whatever that may be at that point, interfering with the operations of a new headliner attraction each night.

That said, they do have plenty of room elsewhere assuming they were creative with the installation.

...that’s kinda disappointing. I really hope there’s more/better coasters than that.
You're kidding yourself if you think it's going to be much more than that. Hell, there may not even be three upon open. Universal wants to be much more of a family destination. They aren't going to go around building a bunch of big boy coasters in their new park. Sure they'll probably have one like they have in IOA (Hulk) and USF (HRRR), but the fact that those are the only two big thrill coasters currently existing at UOR should tell you what to expect at Fantastic World.

I'm waiting for SeaWorld to finally put in a parking garage across the street to expand into the current parking lot.
Eventually that will probably be necessary for proper expansion. I just wonder if SeaWorld is actually going to be willing to spend about as much money as a new coaster would cost on a parking garage. Especially with their current situation where they seem to be keeping things pretty tight financially.

You're kidding yourself if you think it's going to be much more than that. Hell, there may not even be three upon open. Universal wants to be much more of a family destination. They aren't going to go around building a bunch of big boy coasters in their new park. Sure they'll probably have one like they have in IOA (Hulk) and USF (HRRR), but the fact that those are the only two big thrill coasters currently existing at UOR should tell you what to expect at Fantastic World.

I’m not talking about big boy coasters, I’m talking about the coasters in general. I was hoping that we’d get at least two large family coasters and a thrill coaster, but it sounds like we’re just getting two major coasters and a kiddie coaster. Kinda disappointing.

I’m not talking about big boy coasters, I’m talking about the coasters in general. I was hoping that we’d get at least two large family coasters and a thrill coaster, but it sounds like we’re just getting two major coasters and a kiddie coaster. Kinda disappointing.
Again, look at the coaster roster at IOA and USF now.

IOA - FotH (Kiddy), Hulk (Big Thrill) and Forbidden Forest Potter in 2019 (Moderate/major thrill)
USF - Nuthouse coaster (Kiddy), HRRR (Big Thrill), Mummy (Moderate/major thrill) and Gringotts (Moderate/major thrill)

That line up and the categories I listed next to them should really tell you what to expect at FW and tbh, it's mostly don't expect a lot of coasters. As much as Universal has somehow gotten a weird reputation for coasters, they only have six (6) in operation as of right now across two parks and will add one (actually replace) next year. JP may be adding one the year after as well, but it's still a maybe.

San Antonio maybe getting an Invadr type woodie. I wish they'd go Gravity Group over GCI. I've liked their smallish woodie better than GCI's recently. Hopefully it's GG. Invadr was GCI but Wacky Taxi was GG.

SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment 2019 and 2020 New Ride Details and Speculations - WildGravity Travels

Interesting report from WildGravityTravels. They’re saying that SWO is getting a launched coaster in 2020, with airtime, overbanked turns, and a 55 mph max speed.
Excellent. It's all coming together nicely. Hopefully they won't cheap out on the queue like Mako. Hopefully no inversions. Or if any, just one or two zero g rolls (can we just get a cpy of Ispeed in Orlando? thanks). Family makes sense though. Park seems due for one.

Last edited:
Apparently major work has begun on substantial changes to Dolphin Cove, with the beach being removed, habitat being expanded and deepened.

Sounds like what was supposed to happen in 2015 but got cancelled due to budget.
Sounds like extensive work that might take awhile.

I wouldn't expect more than 3 coasters at FW. One kiddie coaster comparable to Hippogriff, one comparable to Mummy, and one big boy coaster.

Hate to take this thread back off topic again, but if we’re only getting one family coaster, wouldn’t the DK coaster or JW coaster be absent from the plans? Or would one take over that kiddie coaster spot?

Eventually that will probably be necessary for proper expansion. I just wonder if SeaWorld is actually going to be willing to spend about as much money as a new coaster would cost on a parking garage. Especially with their current situation where they seem to be keeping things pretty tight financially.
I honestly see a coaster going out over the parking lot before I see them building a parking garage...them are expensive

I thought they had an overflow lot somewhere

Apparently major work has begun on substantial changes to Dolphin Cove, with the beach being removed, habitat being expanded and deepened.

Sounds like what was supposed to happen in 2015 but got cancelled due to budget.

Sounds like extensive work that might take awhile.

I was there yesterday and had no idea they were doing anything to it. It's been closed since Wednesday from what I was told (after the fact). Here are some pics from my phone I took of it empty.
41948713_10214210917281272_1303277868574310400_n.jpg

41797718_10214210918721308_1011896395176607744_n.jpg

41824673_10214210920881362_8071642265413484544_n.jpg