Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Tips

Can you get the "after 10pm" express pass when the event just starts?
And can you get them at any random food or store? Or are their specified spots to obtain them?

Yes, as far as I know can buy at any point in the night. In fact, best bet is to get it far enough before 10 that you can be at your starting Express house at 9:59 ready to go (I'd still have a game plan in mind to knock out what you can).

I've always bought it at one of the "street vendors." But I imagine anyplace selling Express sells it. They're pretty easy to see once you're in the event, plenty of signage.

Best plan of attack for HHN:
Be there when the park opens (I'm not saying just casually stroll to the arches once it's 6, be there when you can see the gates actually open). 20 minutes after gates open ST will already be at an hour plus wait.

Towards the end of the night ST is your best bet, but pretty sure most people will have similar ideas.

Best plan of attack for HHN:
Be there when the park opens (I'm not saying just casually stroll to the arches once it's 6, be there when you can see the gates actually open).

The few times I've missed Stay & Scream, I'd recommend being there no later than 5:30. You'll be at the back end of a massive line any later.

I haven't been in about 5 years, and this year I'm hoping to take my 13 year old daughter. She watched Alien, the Thing, and the It remake without any problems, so we figured it was time. She's never been in a house like this before, and she is definitely going to be a target since she's highly reactive to jump scares. That said, since we watched Stranger Things season 1 together (and enjoyed it), I'm thinking Stranger Things would be the best "warm up" house for her first experience, which means we will have to do it first regardless of the mob. In my experience, by the time I get halfway through the third house, I'm sort of desensitized to 90% of the scares and I can just enjoy the theming and environment of whatever house I'm in from that point on, so I thought giving her a house she is familiar with, and one that is likely to be more tame than the others, made sense as a first go.

I'm assuming our best bet will be to do the boring Stay and Scream by the Hello Kitty store, and hit ST first. Anyone have any thoughts on this plan?

Any thoughts on what should come next when considering increased intensity AND smart crowd management(assuming ST goes well?) She's really looking forward to Slaughter Sinema, Scary Tales, Carnival Graveyard, seeds, and dead exposure. wants to do poltergeist because its supposed to be kind of like a "true" evil spirit haunted house theme but has no familiarity with the film. doesn't care at all about Halloween, Blumhouse, or trick or treat. I'm thinking seeds and dead exposure should probably come later in our rotation.

Thoughts from the seasoned vets?

I haven't been in about 5 years, and this year I'm hoping to take my 13 year old daughter. She watched Alien, the Thing, and the It remake without any problems, so we figured it was time. She's never been in a house like this before, and she is definitely going to be a target since she's highly reactive to jump scares. That said, since we watched Stranger Things season 1 together (and enjoyed it), I'm thinking Stranger Things would be the best "warm up" house for her first experience, which means we will have to do it first regardless of the mob. In my experience, by the time I get halfway through the third house, I'm sort of desensitized to 90% of the scares and I can just enjoy the theming and environment of whatever house I'm in from that point on, so I thought giving her a house she is familiar with, and one that is likely to be more tame than the others, made sense as a first go.

I'm assuming our best bet will be to do the boring Stay and Scream by the Hello Kitty store, and hit ST first. Anyone have any thoughts on this plan?

Any thoughts on what should come next when considering increased intensity AND smart crowd management(assuming ST goes well?) She's really looking forward to Slaughter Sinema, Scary Tales, Carnival Graveyard, seeds, and dead exposure. wants to do poltergeist because its supposed to be kind of like a "true" evil spirit haunted house theme but has no familiarity with the film. doesn't care at all about Halloween, Blumhouse, or trick or treat. I'm thinking seeds and dead exposure should probably come later in our rotation.

I'm no seasoned vet...but I have been monitoring Twitter and these boards and I can tell you, Poltergeist may be the tamest house based on Employee Preview night, so starting there might be a good option if you don't want to get initially choked up in crowds.

Hey can someone upload a map with entrance/exit locations for the houses. It would be appreciated and is crucial for planning a route.

For anyone who was there last night, what houses did the Stay n Scream areas release to?
Finns went to Stranger things and if you wanted to wait for open Poltergeist was an option. I waited 5-10 in express for polter and thought I chose wisely. Went to Stranger after and it was about the same wait once you walked the queue.

I am wanting to know if you could wait in FF boulevard and what that released to. I'm more about the AC and less about the booze for this weekend

I would say poltergeist, dead exposure and seeds of extinction are definitely on the more intense side while halloween, stranger things, blumhouse, and trick r treat are on the less intense sides. Scary tales, carnival graveyard, slaughter sinema are somewhere in between. This is just from my experiences last night though.

Would love to know if anyone gets through all ten houses in one night without express this weekend, and if so, how.

Hey can someone upload a map with entrance/exit locations for the houses. It would be appreciated and is crucial for planning a route.
My file size is too big. However, ST and Poltergeist exit in the music courtyard. Carnival and Scary Tales exit near bathrooms at Fallon. Seeds and TrT both exit at their entrance. Slaughter and DE both exit near the entrance by MIB gift shop.

My file size is too big. However, ST and Poltergeist exit in the music courtyard. Carnival and Scary Tales exit near bathrooms at Fallon. Seeds and TrT both exit at their entrance. Slaughter and DE both exit near the entrance by MIB gift shop.

Forgot the important one, Blumhouse?

Also closer to new parade building. #cutthehike
I assume they would prefer to limit the amount of BOH roads that need to be shut down for the event considering people still have jobs to do and are driving around back there all night.

I assume they would prefer to limit the amount of BOH roads that need to be shut down for the event considering people still have jobs to do and are driving around back there all night.
Probably but it is doable for the people paying for the event.

What's the best spot(s) to grab drinks during HHN (and are there any drinks daytime or during the event that you would suggest)? From what I understand a place like Finn's will be swamped with people. I'll be 21 by the time I go down, and I'm definitely going to get a Duff Beer, but after that I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Also, how far in advance should I get in line for an AoV show if I want to get fairly good seats? I've seen some horrendous pictures from people who were the last ones into the show.