Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I noticed in this picture... the first is that the evac platforms for the straight away leading to the hut or whatever it is have arched supports (click pic to zoom)... that is world class theme park building in that they might never be seen.

DnAuKbMXsAY-r_i

Photo: @bioreconstruct

I’m curious what the theming next to hogsmeade station entrance has to do with that. Maybe they open it up a little more and we can see the arches from that area.

Harris’s hut is going to be tough to miss from that spot. It’s huge (although the pics can be throwing off perspective here quite A bit).

I’m curious what the theming next to hogsmeade station entrance has to do with that. Maybe they open it up a little more and we can see the arches from that area.

Harris’s hut is going to be tough to miss from that spot. It’s huge (although the pics can be throwing off perspective here quite A bit).
Nope it is huge but wood beams and maybe roof? It will look like more Hogsmeade.
I do question why real wood and not steel beams themed like wood? Wood rots over time

I recall the private discussions a few of us had with Dave before the news of the coaster was confirmed. From what he (Dave) had seen of the plans, the main questions we had were, Was it an indoor coaster with outside scenes, or was it an outside coaster with indoor scenes. Now I understand why he couldn't say for sure if it was one or the other since it's clearly a bit of both since so much of it is indoor sections and scenes.

This won't have the second section of the building though, only one round section.. So, the question is... is this Hagrid's Hut, and we just don't see the extended part of it, (like it's supposed to be hidden behind our view on the other side maybe,) or, is this just some random groundskeeper hut thing he also uses sometimes that happens to look nearly identical to his hut? Like maybe some animal playpen thing, and he just uses the same building style whenever he needs a new structure.

(Or, does it not matter lol.)

Wait, but wasn't the Hut in the first two movies just one round section? I think i remember reading even in this thread something about it, and the possibility of that and the hut we see after these first two movie being a different one.

EDIT: This \/
hagrid-hut-change.jpg

Question, based on the photos it looks like they are working on exit to the ride. Could it be the entrance instead, being they did put walls up by the lockers.

Amazing photos! Appreciate the super high res.

Now, I'm going to be a complete heretic. This land is charming in it's Disneyland-like cobbled together lack of master planning. I guess that's even Harry Potter-esque.

BUT... it strikes me that the next step is to tear out Flight of the Hippogriff.

1. It gets rid of the endless walk to this new attraction.
2. It consolidates Hagrid's Hut
3. It would allow them to theoretically extend the mountain castle facade, which it looks like they sort of doing anyways.
4. They could consolidate lockers between both attractions (I remember Forbidden Journey is horrendous, expand the gift shop instead).
5. It allows a semi-natural location to build a Great Hall Dining location (the primary use of the site outside of queue re-working).
6. Madame Puddlefoots could be built at the current entrance to the new attraction and add a proper second full land of facade to Hogsmeade.

Now all I need is that train photo-op to be relocated to satisfy my brain. I think that's a good enough wish list.

You do know there are wooden houses that have been standing for centuries without replacing the wood, right? :)
Indeed there are very old buildings that still remain.
My biggest surprise is that they actually use real materials in a theme. Just like all those fake bricks they make from concrete and then paint. At Efteling Baron 1898 has real bricks and I feel for the duration it stands it would be much cheaper.

Yes but not in the theme park world. Notice that steel and fiberglass are the prefered building materials for odd shapes. More stable, less maintenance.

I remember wondering the why when I saw the interior of Three Broomsticks years back. Lots of real wood in there as well.

It may be a number of factors that decide its use. It’s very realistic, it will last long enough and it is unlikely that the stains used will ever peel, it is likely that it is actually cheaper requiring less theming than would steel. The only real downside that I can think of is termites and fire.

I ponder decisions such as this all the time. ;)

I remember wondering the why when I saw the interior of Three Broomsticks years back. Lots of real wood in there as well.

It may be a number of factors that decide its use. It’s very realistic, it will last long enough and it is unlikely that the stains used will ever peel, it is likely that it is actually cheaper requiring less theming than would steel. The only real downside that I can think of is termites and fire.

I ponder decisions such as this all the time. ;)

The structural elements are steel though, all you see is applied in DA and broomsticks. I expected a steel frame then the wood to be applied not timber framed.
Maybe they looked at your house and said if it's good enough for Teebin its good enough for us?

The structural elements are steel though, all you see is applied in DA and broomsticks. I expected a steel frame then the wood to be applied not timber framed.

Yeah. The other possibility is that it is pure whimsy and gee-wiz.

I wonder how they will resolve the roof line over the entry track. There should be a roof beam dead center of it.

My OCD for the day is seeing the distinct roof panels on the train station as seen in these recent photos. Those are supposed to resemble individual shingles and yet the paint has worn in such a way to reveal that they are just fake plastic panels of shingles. Drives me bonkers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.