Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

didn't we have this discussion several pages ago, and everyone told me "it's no big deal there is no A/C". Ok Peeps. Ok.

You won't find me on one of those in the middle of August/September. My car A/C works just fine.
Except for HHN no way I am in the parks during August, September but if people can stand the park heat a 5 min ride won't kill them

This is like reporting from something from a year ago and calling it "news".

didn't we have this discussion several pages ago, and everyone told me "it's no big deal there is no A/C". Ok Peeps. Ok.

You won't find me on one of those in the middle of August/September. My car A/C works just fine.
It really shouldn't be a big deal as long as the air flow works like it should. Most people are making it a much bigger deal than it is.

In Hong Kong's climate (similar to Orlando), they have very similar gondola's, no AC and it's a much longer ride and it's a daily commute for many. It works fine. Could they have bought them with AC? Sure. Probably would've been the better choice for overall GSAT. But as long as air flows in and out like it should, the air will actually feel cooler than the actual temperature outside.

This is like reporting from something from a year ago and calling it "news".
Yea, but a few weeks ago Jim Hill reported that it would in fact have air conditioning, causing many blogs to report that. I think that had a lot to do with this story, essentially refuting it, and confirming what we all already figured last year.

CBBR and Riviera will have the fastest times getting places easily. AOA/Pop will take quite a long time in some cases (17:30 to get to Epcot just in ride time). None of this is taking into account wait time to get onto a gondola, although the line should be pretty constant in loading, much like the people mover or an omnimover that doesn't have Fasspass attached.

Last edited:
That's not really the "first", there's a whole team of people working on it already.

Unless the people working on it currently are going to be working permanently after construction has finished, then this would be the first 'job opening' in the traditional sense.

The people building the Potter coaster aren't going to be operating it for example.

I really don't see the issue with the gondola being too hot. Heck, people used to line up to ride the sky ride between Tomorrow Land & Fantasy Land. That moved kind of slow so it took a while to get from point A to Point B. Many parks still have those operating in the summer heat (BGW, Cedar Point etc), and they're usually packed with people.

I really don't see the issue with the gondola being too hot. Heck, people used to line up to ride the sky ride between Tomorrow Land & Fantasy Land. That moved kind of slow so it took a while to get from point A to Point B. Many parks still have those operating in the summer heat (BGW, Cedar Point etc), and they're usually packed with people.
People will be outside, in the sun, standing and walking for minutes to hours prior and then again after riding in the air circulating vehicle for ~3 minutes with shade.

If you can survive walking around the parks all day without air conditioning, you can survive 3 minutes in the shade. This whole thing is a ridiculous non-issue.

People will be outside, in the sun, standing and walking for minutes to hours prior and then again after riding in the air circulating vehicle for ~3 minutes with shade.

If you can survive walking around the parks all day without air conditioning, you can survive 3 minutes in the shade. This whole thing is a ridiculous non-issue.
:thumbsup: