Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Can anyone tell me how early I should arrive to be in the front row for the opening ceremony?

About an hour or so, maybe an hour and a half (people love to camp) and you'll be able to see it. I always think the openings are fun, and this year's looks pretty great.

Ok so not that my opinion should change anyone else's but I feel like sharing. This year was ok, not bad at all. Did opening night and got to see John Murdy and a celeb from Dracula Untold, can't remember his name. Anyways I wanted to list my ranking of things so here it goes:
Trick R Treat hands down greatest experience of the night. The dark transitions between stories was so dark that I actually couldn't see where the heck I was going and upped the fear factor for me.
The second position would be a tie between Poltergeist and Halloween. The best of poltergeist
was the hallway with coffins
. The halloween maze got in 2 spots I didn't predict and I'm pretty good at expecting it, very fun!
Terror tram was actually fun this year. I'm biased though cause hollywood harry is my uncle. The story was cool and the video on the tram was funny. As far as the walk itself, its the TT route. Never changes, never gonna change.
That leaves blumhouse, purge, and the biggest disappointment of the night
Stranger Things
. I had high hopes for that last one and what I saw was nothing but a joke.
As for the last maze I didn't mention, I can't review it cause I didn't go through, just ran out of time standing in lines and eventually got too tired to wait.

Going to Warner bros in october so it will be interesting for me to compare. Hope you all have a great experience at HHN this year, I had a blast! Happy Halloween!

I know someone had mentioned tonight wasn’t going to be very full, but the longest wait time for anything (according to the website) is 35 minutes for Simpsons? Is this a one time thing, a Sunday thing, or are the times really messed up because I’ve never seen a maze be under a 25 minute wait and I’ve been going since 2011!

I know someone had mentioned tonight wasn’t going to be very full, but the longest wait time for anything (according to the website) is 35 minutes for Simpsons? Is this a one time thing, a Sunday thing, or are the times really messed up because I’ve never seen a maze be under a 25 minute wait and I’ve been going since 2011!
It’s most likely because they only added this date like 2 weeks ago so most people probably didn’t know about it.

I've seen wait times like that on days where it's in November or random Thursdays, ever since at least 09. [Thursdays used to be the only times I'd go before '11, and then I'd go opening weekend AND a random Thursday, and now I go opening weekend and November.]

Alright getting my trip booked this week and without spoiling too much for myself I’m already pretty excited for this year. Before the event started I made a game plan and it is as follows:
Early Entry
Stranger Things
Poltergeist
The First Purge
Horrors of Blumhouse
Trick ‘r Treat
Terror Tram
Halloween 4
Universal Monsters
Repeats (Most important are Trick ‘r Treat and Universal Monsters)
Any suggestions to make this more efficient/get the best experience out of the night and the mazes? I’m coming from Arizona for this so I really only have one night guaranteed (thinking about making a trip for closing night as well) and I want to be able to make the most of it and obviously be able to see everything and a few repeats

Last night was empty. Stranger Things was a walk-on from 11:30 on.

There's a similar date with that added Wednesday. Take advantage, all, you won't regret it.

Also, a word of advice... Stranger Things absolutely suffers from light leak. If you can manage it at all, do it after dark. It's arguably the most harmed.

This October i will visit the HHN & Universal Studios Hollywood for the very first time! I have a ticket with Early Access (5pm) and i would LOVE to do one short ride in Forbidden Journey. Unfortunately i don't have more time in my itinerary to start my visit at 2pm (with the combo ticket). Does someone here know if it possible to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter between 5-6pm (as the park closes at 6pm for regular visitors). Or are you just allowed to visit the mazes during Early Entry?

Sorry, You won't be able to visit Wizzarding World. They have some security only letting guests out of the land when early entry begins, plus you'll have to wear a wristband signifying you have early entry to HHN.

Sorry, You won't be able to visit Wizzarding World. They have some security only letting guests out of the land when early entry begins, plus you'll have to wear a wristband signifying you have early entry to HHN.
I personally think that's really dumb. If guests want to go in for that extremely narrow window to get some butter beer and run to FJ, let 'em do it! That means a few less people to run down to the mazes and a little extra money for Uni. Aside from trying to clear out the daytime guests (I mean, that is why they're closing WWoHP a half hour early, right?), I can't think of any reason why that's a bad idea.

I personally think that's really dumb. If guests want to go in for that extremely narrow window to get some butter beer and run to FJ, let 'em do it! That means a few less people to run down to the mazes and a little extra money for Uni. Aside from trying to clear out the daytime guests (I mean, that is why they're closing WWoHP a half hour early, right?), I can't think of any reason why that's a bad idea.

#1 reason people buy the "After 2pm" pass is for Wizarding World. If early entry can swing inside for a ride on Forbidden Journey and a Butterbeer, there's no incentive to pay for that extra $$.

Alright getting my trip booked this week and without spoiling too much for myself I’m already pretty excited for this year. Before the event started I made a game plan and it is as follows:
Early Entry
Stranger Things
Poltergeist
The First Purge
Horrors of Blumhouse
Trick ‘r Treat
Terror Tram
Halloween 4
Universal Monsters
Repeats (Most important are Trick ‘r Treat and Universal Monsters)
Any suggestions to make this more efficient/get the best experience out of the night and the mazes? I’m coming from Arizona for this so I really only have one night guaranteed (thinking about making a trip for closing night as well) and I want to be able to make the most of it and obviously be able to see everything and a few repeats
Do Stranger Things last, because as Fallow says...

Also, a word of advice... Stranger Things absolutely suffers from light leak. If you can manage it at all, do it after dark. It's arguably the most harmed.
And I agree with that completely. Nobody mentioned this at all until after I went and I wish I knew ahead of time. Also, you'll be behind the crowd. Arguably, still the majority of people head to the backlot first. By the time I got there, two of the mazes were an hour. Read my review for more details.

This October i will visit the HHN & Universal Studios Hollywood for the very first time! I have a ticket with Early Access (5pm) and i would LOVE to do one short ride in Forbidden Journey. Unfortunately i don't have more time in my itinerary to start my visit at 2pm (with the combo ticket). Does someone here know if it possible to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter between 5-6pm (as the park closes at 6pm for regular visitors). Or are you just allowed to visit the mazes during Early Entry?

Here's a way around it. Don't put your wristband on yet. Send a friend who doesn't care for Harry Potter to the Early Entry lines. Head into WWOHP and when you come back out, put on the wristband and join your friend in line.

Considering they let us in for EE at 4:45 when I went, it sounds like a good 45 minutes to get two rides in and grab a Butterbeer.

Man, I watched a "highlights" video for Orlando's Poltergeist maze (how come they're always highlights and never full mazes? anyone got any links?) and that's the maze I wish we had. Way more creative, scary, and passionate. It's not like the movie all that much, but I'd take that over what we got. Ours is so dull in comparison. Stranger Things looked much better also, with way bigger sets and a much better creature suit that looked the right color and a mouth that freakin' moved.