Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

They are also aware of the fact that Endless Summer will be probably something that won't be popular with the other hotels around Endless Summer.

I think this will cause a huge upset in the local market.

Wow this is going up fast. Really fast.
Like a home it is easy to put up the shell, the interior takes time to finish/install.

I've been looking at dates in August and September, the cheapest is $149.

Wait til the fervor hits next year, will be much different.

Last edited:
Wow this is going up fast. Really fast.
It helps that they are basically puzzle-piecing it together. Pre-fab is always cheaper and faster. I went back to check and they didn't even build Cabana Bay like this.

To me that's how they are going to be able to afford to price it so low. They're building it on the cheaper end so when you're at 100% occupancy 365 days a year because you’re a Universal hotel and have an insane low rate, ROI should be very easy to come by.

It helps that they are basically puzzle-piecing it together. Pre-fab is always cheaper and faster. I went back to check and they didn't even build Cabana Bay like this.

To me that's how they are going to be able to afford to price it so low. They're building it on the cheaper end so when you're at 100% occupancy 365 days a year because your a Universal hotel and have an insane low rate, ROI should be very easy to come by.

Even though this is a cheap hotel, I love Universal's decision on it. The beach hotel might be a bit tiring... but what other concepts for a value hotel works? The All-Star/Pop Century theming just bothers me.

Even though this is a cheap hotel, I love Universal's decision on it. The beach hotel might be a bit tiring... but what other concepts for a value hotel works? The All-Star/Pop Century theming just bothers me.
People come to Florida for the beaches and sun....I think the two beachy themes Universal has will be very different from one another

Assuming this resort won’t have openable windows then. Do any of them?

I wouldn't see a reason to have opening windows on this style of hotel, and as far as I've seen, all of the other resorts have fixed windows.
Maybe portofino has a few, but that would be a premium resort vs a value hotel.

Just down the road on John Young parkway, they are building a new commercial office building using the same build methods. Precast walls, direct set windows, fast paced construction methods.

Looks like you had a great flight! Thanks for posting all these pics.
It was fun! It was my brother's birthday so I used this flight as his birthday present and a great excuse for me to go grab some aerials!

I'm slowly learning the best settings for shooting from a moving helicopter (only my second flight); makes me appreciate bio's pictures that much more. He's a great photographer.

It was fun! It was my brother's birthday so I used this flight as his birthday present and a great excuse for me to go grab some aerials!

I'm slowly learning the best settings for shooting from a moving helicopter (only my second flight); makes me appreciate bio's pictures that much more. He's a great photographer.
What camera and lens did you use? The quality of your shots are fantastic.

and...you are a great photographer also. Thanks much for all the photos on the various threads. Probably the best stuff we have up to this point in time.

Thank you very much for posting the pictures, although your dancing dinosaur with blurred "area" is a trifle disturbing. Does anyone know what is being built on the plot of land across the road from this resort? I assume that it isn't related to UNI but I wasn't sure what it was for.

Thank you very much for posting the pictures, although your dancing dinosaur with blurred "area" is a trifle disturbing. Does anyone know what is being built on the plot of land across the road from this resort? I assume that it isn't related to UNI but I wasn't sure what it was for.
that's the other Universal hotel, which will soon be built on what was Wet & Wild's parking lot & admin. bldg.