Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 427 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The but RMC launched would be ideal...No lift hill please

I would hope for something maybe a little more compact but still with a decent length. RMC (not launched) with headchoppers and intertwined through the structure. A wood coaster's structure can be made to look like a dig site or other thematic elements. If the ride is to be enclosed in any fashion, I would go steel. No matter way, I wouldn't go with an inverted coaster. While I like invert's, they just pulled two good ones out of HP.

Reactions: shiekra38
I would hope for something maybe a little more compact but still with a decent length. RMC (not launched) with headchoppers and intertwined through the structure. A wood coaster's structure can be made to look like a dig site or other thematic elements. If the ride is to be enclosed in any fashion, I would go steel. No matter way, I wouldn't go with an inverted coaster. While I like invert's, they just pulled two good ones out of HP.
There is that old Excavator concept laying around

There is that old Excavator concept laying around

I know and I realize that they'll need to modify it some to eliminate any lawsuits. I just think that a wood coaster would fit better, with the RMC track. However, I would also add that steel would enable them to build without having to tear out as many trees. One reason I love that JP area is that it is the more "wooded" than any other area, which is by design.

I know and I realize that they'll need to modify it some to eliminate any lawsuits. I just think that a wood coaster would fit better, with the RMC track. However, I would also add that steel would enable them to build without having to tear out as many trees. One reason I love that JP area is that it is the more "wooded" than any other area, which is by design.
Fine, call it Dueling Excavators

First, I think all roller coasters are a thing of beauty. I love seeing track. Nothing makes me happier. I marvel at them.
Second, Roller Coasters are extremely popular. Always. It will be a draw for the general public.
Third, if this is indeed a bare roller coaster it still completely fits with the Jurassic Park theme. An animal park that builds a coaster to boost attendance is well within the story line.
Forth, Not everything needs painted concrete and robots to make it good.
Yup, but the “painted concrete and robots” are what give the extra oomf that makes a simple coaster into a themed coaster which then expands into theme park.

I really wish they would turn the downstairs of the Discovery Center into a Dino DNA ride. I'm thinking Carousel of Progress meet's Alien Encounter. It start's off as a fun informative tour of the facility moving from room to room. With live actors as lab technicians. But then a Raptor crashes the party. The lights go out, fog fills the room and you hear him in 3d sound all around you. Flashes of light reveal his shadow moving about. A voice from the control room tells you to be very still. You're trapped in your seat with no where to go. You're moved into the next room in hopes of getting you out of harms way. Instead, you come face to face with a raptor animatoric or puppet who's on the prowl ready to pounce. And at the last second gets scared away before it can feast.

I really wish they would turn the downstairs of the Discovery Center into a Dino DNA ride. I'm thinking Carousel of Progress meet's Alien Encounter. It start's off as a fun informative tour of the facility moving from room to room. With live actors as lab technicians. But then a Raptor crashes the party. The lights go out, fog fills the room and you hear him in 3d sound all around you. Flashes of light reveal his shadow moving about. A voice from the control room tells you to be very still. You're trapped in your seat with no where to go. You're moved into the next room in hopes of getting you out of harms way. Instead, you come face to face with a raptor animatoric or puppet who's on the prowl ready to pounce. And at the last second gets scared away before it can feast.
Good idea.

Reactions: therock
Honestly Alien Encounter sounds like it was fantastic, no matter how inappropriate it was for its park. I've always wanted Universal to attempt to recreate the pitch black 3D sound effects, and this would be a great utilization.

This would be a great concept, and potentially one that could be designed to take up a limited amount of space.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

I’ve heard rumors that the new JP coaster could be similar to F.L.Y. at Phantasialand (i.e. a launched flying rollercoaster), is there any truth to that? Did they originate from this forum?

Do we have any details on the Jurassic World coaster that appears on the maps of the China park? It looks to me like it could fit in the plot of land here as well...

For this third park and Jurassic World, it would be GORGEOUS to put the Lagoon in the middle of the park like IoA, but fence it just like the film, (maybe have a Monorail too) make it the Mososaur lagoon, have Main Street just like the film on the other side and the massive Innovation Center! How gorgeous would that be?! They have the opportunity to make it exactly like the film.. maybe build a massive hollow mountain behind you house an indoor dark ride...

I don't see the problem with keeping Jurassic Park in IoA and having a new Jurassic World at the new one

They are both beloved parks from their respective film series and fans and guests would appreciate it.
Especially since with Jurassic World it would give them a chance to have more room and more rides catered to technology and guests of all ages.

A Gyrosphere ride? Chased by Indominus? And an indoor Monorail dark ride ride that gets attacked by the Mososaur?

Or even a Isla Nublar ride, like Soarin'. But shows Nublar and ends with the Mt. Sino eruption!

Status
Not open for further replies.