Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

sounds like people expected full detailed sets, not stuff painted with glow in th dark paint. (At least from what i saw on social media) people went in expecting a house that looked like a regular HHN house like scary tales or something like that with full props but instead some people got put off by the lack of real sets.
I could see that happening, but people need to keep in mind that this is a very different house than most, is out for the adrenaline-junkies, and should only be experienced if you can handle intense strobes and disorientation.

I could see that happening, but people need to keep in mind that this is a very different house than most, is out for the adrenaline-junkies, and should only be experienced if you can handle intense strobes and disorientation.

a lot of people never experienced the original so that's also why some people were confused, people wanted real sets with full props i think.
It specially got confusing to people when you hear gun shots and machine guns going off but you dont see any soldiers in the house, I remember someone saying something like "Why were they shooting when there was only zombies, did anyone see the soldiers? where were the soldiers???"

and it doesnt help that the house starts with techno music :lol: people think they are entering a Rave or a disco club or something, very strange choice of music that im sure will confuse everyone lol

One of the music choices for this house is “Hate or Glory” by Gesaffelstein(he’s french) and it sounds very 80’s. They also have the announcement for getting the cure in lots of different languages.

and it doesnt help that the house starts with techno music :lol: people think they are entering a Rave or a disco club or something, very strange choice of music that im sure will confuse everyone lol

So this house--and presumably the original then--are set in the 1980s? Sort of a "World War Z" situation where we're looking back on the history of the zombie apocalypse?

TBH, the original did feel a little dated in 2008--newspapers were already very much on the way out. But making this a flashback to another era feels like one step too far. Kind of like the sequel to Run--set "5 minutes into the future" ... but also in an alternate hstory where the U.S. nuked Russia back in the 50s. I don't know that an overly convoluted backstory does any house any favors.

Still probably the scariest thing at the event. But when you borrow the name of a top 10 GOAT, I want more.

So this house--and presumably the original then--are set in the 1980s? Sort of a "World War Z" situation where we're looking back on the history of the zombie apocalypse?

TBH, the original did feel a little dated in 2008--newspapers were already very much on the way out. But making this a flashback to another era feels like one step too far. Kind of like the sequel to Run--set "5 minutes into the future" ... but also in an alternate hstory where the U.S. nuked Russia back in the 50s. I don't know that an overly convoluted backstory does any house any favors.

Still probably the scariest thing at the event. But when you borrow the name of a top 10 GOAT, I want more.

I always thought it was a 50's throwback, considering the camera tech, and Charlie was a patient of Bloody Mary in the 50's.

I’m afraid I won’t be able to do this house. Last year the blumhouse strobes were enough to make me want to get out ASAP. Unfortunate

I definitely have to go on the side of the people that loved this house.

There is a great intensity as well as disorienting effect that lasts from the first room right through the end. The "sewer" scene as well as the "subway car" scene were definite standouts - especially with how well the scare in the subway was camouflaged. Its a great technique that was even more effective under the conditions.

Top 3 House for 2018 IMO

I’m afraid I won’t be able to do this house. Last year the blumhouse strobes were enough to make me want to get out ASAP. Unfortunate
I was laying in bed Friday night, and I yelled out to my friend, who was brushing his teeth in the adjacent bathroom,

“Dead Exposure is just that last section of HoB 1, but a whole house.”

“Yeah?”

I definitely have to go on the side of the people that loved this house.

There is a great intensity as well as disorienting effect that lasts from the first room right through the end. The "sewer" scene as well as the "subway car" scene were definite standouts - especially with how well the scare in the subway was camouflaged. Its a great technique that was even more effective under the conditions.

Top 3 House for 2018 IMO

IIRC the subway scare is the same as the Santa scare from AHS Asylum. It’s a mirror where you can’t see the person ahead until they pop out

IIRC the subway scare is the same as the Santa scare from AHS Asylum. It’s a mirror where you can’t see the person ahead until they pop out
It adds so much with the train full of zombies though. You're not sure if you're gonna get a boohole scare or a mannequin scare and it ends up being neither.

If we are talking spoilers

Sorry I forget that most people on the forums probably haven’t gone yet.:grin: That scare works every time it’s there and this house is so scary

It adds so much with the train full of zombies though. You're not sure if you're gonna get a boohole scare or a mannequin scare and it ends up being neither.

The sewer and catacombs scenes were crazy. The cafe was kind of meh but I definitely wouldn’t mind a Dead Exposure 3 for a future year(hopefully not HHN38)